Born Burnt

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lobo
3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

IMG_8268.jpg.667f406f32ca5a0f2ca09ea629dc38ec.jpg

Man, I knew you rolled in some exclusive company but had no idea you were part of the Epstein/Global Elite Liberal Coastal Cabal.  Kudos on the fancy dinner menu.  

I dont think I have ever been to a wedding where the meal options were anything other than beef or "chipper chicken"  pork is a bit of a surprise.  of course young child sounds like an excellent main course....

when I was 17, I was a busboy at a really swanky wedding where a Carpenter (Philly rich  not the singing group) married a DuPont that had at least 500 guests and each one was served a 2 Lb lobster for dinner.   

that was a long day.  I didnt get home until 5am that morning because we had to clean up afterwards... in the end there was 1 manager and 3 busboys cleaning up...   there were 10 cooked, but unserved lobsters and 9 cases of Samuel Adams that were leftover.  manager said they were all marked as served, so take them home.

the other 3 didnt like lobster,   so we agreed they each got 2 cases of sam adams, I got the 20 lbs of lobster and the last case of Sams....   hid the beer in the garage for later, and put the lobster in the fridge with a note for mom that we were having lobster for lunch and dinner. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Guest Lobo

And that lobster-loving mom's name?  Rachael Goldstein, Orthodox.  

Wife and I both worked hospitality when we were younger so we remember how nice little treats were like getting to keep a bottle of wine or a tray of appetizers after work.  We did not have a DuPont-esque spread at our wedding, but it was pretty damn nice.  We knew damn well that our older relatives, on both sides, would be fighting over who got to keep the leftover food. 

"Mom, you're in a room with a mini-bar fridge...how are you gonna properly store three dozen crab cakes?"

"I'll figure it out!  Just let me have them." 

So my brother-in-law grabbed all the wine/liquor to take to their after-party at the hotel with pizza we sent over to those drunk fiends.  And I just instructed the staff to pack up the deserts for the guests and keep all the other food and beer for themselves.  They seemed to appreciate it because they gave my brother-in-law an awful lot of drugs for his trouble and tips. /csb

Guest Lobo

Fair point.

I also like they even brought up an age limit to begin with.  Must have been an incident last year at Sheila's wedding when Uncle Ned's 13-year old tried to sneak in with the child's plate to save a couple of bucks. You know they're divorced now, right?  Serves 'em right.  Fuckers.  

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

And that lobster-loving mom's name?  Rachael Goldstein, Orthodox.  

Wife and I both worked hospitality when we were younger so we remember how nice little treats were like getting to keep a bottle of wine or a tray of appetizers after work.  We did not have a DuPont-esque spread at our wedding, but it was pretty damn nice.  We knew damn well that our older relatives, on both sides, would be fighting over who got to keep the leftover food. 

"Mom, you're in a room with a mini-bar fridge...how are you gonna properly store three dozen crab cakes?"

"I'll figure it out!  Just let me have them." 

So my brother-in-law grabbed all the wine/liquor to take to their after-party at the hotel with pizza we sent over to those drunk fiends.  And I just instructed the staff to pack up the deserts for the guests and keep all the other food and beer for themselves.  They seemed to appreciate it because they gave my brother-in-law an awful lot of drugs for his trouble and tips. /csb

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Drunken Russian mothers playing rock paper scissors is the funniest thing I've seen in awhile.

I can fap to that...