Post a pic that makes you lol

Born Burnt

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Damn, that brings back a lot of memories.  I remember the first Exchange server I built was going to give all of our users a 500 MB mailbox and thinking that was huge. 

I remember my first Mac back in like 1986. 10 mb hard drive and 1 mb RAM and it was never going to get full.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Nole-4-Life said:

I remember my first Mac back in like 1986. 10 mb hard drive and 1 mb RAM and it was never going to get full.

I bought my first computer in 1986. It was an IBM clone, made by “Leading Edge.”  It had 64k RAM, no HD, dual 5 1/4 floppies, and no modem or network interface. 
In 1988 I had a computer science roommate that helped me add a 20MB hard drive. I couldn’t imagine ever filling that thing up. 
In 1994 I was finishing my thesis and still using that computer. I was about 30 pages into the thesis. The hard drive crashed. All gone. Had to start from scratch. 
And @Parliament, I’m X, not boomer. Get off my lawn. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Superhero said:

OSHA Violation? Worth it.

I was worried this was staged because of how much advance notice they would've needed to get in position so I went digging. Appears that it was legit, and they got a radio alert from upstream. Then they gathered funds and got it to the vet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10742369/Builders-use-digger-rescue-dog-drowning-irrigation-channel-Ecuador-Video.html

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, RPM said:

uytpV4r.jpeg

e50373.001

I got this bad boy my sophomore year.  486sx2.  I really wanted the dx2, but it was something like $300 more.  There was a fresh Pentium on the shelf next to it that was way out of my league.  My parents bought me the computer from the electronics department at Dillards.  I loved that department.  Sony TVs and VCRs and all the cool shit.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I was worried this was staged because of how much advance notice they would've needed to get in position so I went digging. Appears that it was legit, and they got a radio alert from upstream. Then they gathered funds and got it to the vet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10742369/Builders-use-digger-rescue-dog-drowning-irrigation-channel-Ecuador-Video.html

from the story: "Heartwarming footage shows a builder, named locally as Abel Murillo, climbing into the scoop of a digger while a workmate extends it out across the channel and lowers it to just above the water. "

This broad doesn't know her yellow iron.

@G650 Can I borrow one of your diggers?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, nnm said:

I bought my first computer in 1986. It was an IBM clone, made by “Leading Edge.”  It had 64k RAM, no HD, dual 5 1/4 floppies, and no modem or network interface. 
In 1988 I had a computer science roommate that helped me add a 20MB hard drive. I couldn’t imagine ever filling that thing up. 
In 1994 I was finishing my thesis and still using that computer. I was about 30 pages into the thesis. The hard drive crashed. All gone. Had to start from scratch. 
And @Parliament, I’m X, not boomer. Get off my lawn. 

My first was late 1990.  Had a 30 MB hard drive that I had to partition.  5 1/4 floppies.  Added the 3 1/2 floppy drive a year later.

Gen X baby.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

from the story: "Heartwarming footage shows a builder, named locally as Abel Murillo, climbing into the scoop of a digger while a workmate extends it out across the channel and lowers it to just above the water. "

This broad doesn't know her yellow iron.

@G650 Can I borrow one of your diggers?

It's the UK. They probably call them Bangers or Bubblers or some weird shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

My first was late 1990.  Had a 30 MB hard drive that I had to partition.  5 1/4 floppies.  Added the 3 1/2 floppy drive a year later.

Gen X baby.

I borrowed an old XT in 1990 and upgrayyed to an AT the following year. The XT had 5 1/4” disk and < 1 MB of RAM. I remember having to edit the start up file to get the background apps (games) I wanted to load first and cross my fingers the rest would work if I wasn’t playing games. 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

best thing I’ve seen in a while

This is great stuff, my kid just started Tball basics earlier this year, and we didn't even cover walkup dances in any of the drills. He would probably pick All Star by Smash Mouth (he loves Shrek), but I think we could make a good dance for it. Got some work to do. 

Also, I love how all the other players just stand around in the field watching this with no reaction.