Post a pic that makes you lol

Born Burnt

44 minutes ago, nnm said:

Walden, I enjoy your posts, and think you're a smart man.  But you're wrong on this.  There are many, many examples of well-mannered, well-intentioned people getting beat up or killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Some people will just hate other people, and try to do them harm.  

That's fair enough. There's an element of randomness to crazy that does have to be accounted for, but it's no higher with Middle East whack jobs than it is with East Texas meth heads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

That's fair enough. There's an element of randomness to crazy that does have to be accounted for, but it's no higher with Middle East whack jobs than it is with East Texas meth heads.

I would be willing to bet this depends heavily on who you are.  For a given person the risk in those two places would be far from equal.  On average?  Maybe.

Edited by TrashMaster G

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

I would be willing to bet this depends heavily on who you are.  For a given person the risk in those two places would be far from equal.  On average?  Maybe.

True enough. For example, I don't recommend being black anywhere in the world. No matter where you go, being black increases your likelihood of getting shot for no damned good reason.

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

I would be willing this depends heavily on who you are.  For a given person the risk in those two places would be far from equal.  On average?  Maybe.

This. Mr. and Mrs. “all you need is love” didn’t fare so well in ISIS land. James Byrd Jr. didn’t end well in Jasper. 
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=killed+wrong+place+wrong+time

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Actually, I kinda have before. Not with ISIS, but with Mexican cartels, Russian mafia, and South African rugby players. The South Africans were undoubtedly the scariest, but all the same, none of them gave a fuck. Most evil people only kill people if they have a legit reason, and you have to give them one, more often than not.

Not sure what the circumstances were of your interaction with cartels or mafia, but ISIS is kinda territorial, and I imagine that being "in the wrong place at the wrong time" is certainly a reason in their eyes to fuck you up.

24 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Not sure what the circumstances were of your interaction with cartels or mafia, but ISIS is kinda territorial, and I imagine that being "in the wrong place at the wrong time" is certainly a reason in their eyes to fuck you up.

Obviously, you'd be an idiot to go into anybody's territory unannounced. And the circumstances around ISIS would obviously be different. But it could be done... assuming you had the desire and ability to plan.

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Back on topic--an oldie but a goodie, improved with graphics and a soundtrack to close it out:

I can't play that tweet. Was it deleted by ISIS?

Nevermind. Came up on the second attempt. "Fuck the Police" was a perfect ending.

Edited by Walden Ponderer

Oh damn, I'm ded too.

These always remind me of my boy, he loves Jaws, seen it way too many times, can quote it, listens to the soundtrack, he and I went as chief Brody and Captain Quint 2 halloweens, he loves jaws.

One day he’s playing on the couch like it’s the orca sinking and he’s firing shots with his rifle. The wife and I are watching TV and he shouts “Smile you sunnuva BITCH!” The wife and I snap our heads and ask him what he said?!? He said “smile you sunnuva FISH!” Cause jaws is the son of a fish, isn’t that what chief Brody was about to say??? We start laughing hard.

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

We had a pond at our old house and it attracted lots of wildlife. Our 3yo came running into the house one day yelling "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK" followed by a scream from my wife. I go into to see what all the comotion is and my boy brought in a frog and showed to to my wife. I ask him what he as there, and he replies "A fuck".

I take the frog and put it on a lily pad in the pond. The frog sat there for a while and then jumped into the water. Boy starts crying. "He was my best friend", and then proceeds to spend the rest of the day and most of the next day sitting next to the pond, waiting for his fuck to come back.

You gave away his only fuck. Now he has no more fucks to give.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, blacklab said:

We had a pond at our old house and it attracted lots of wildlife. Our 3yo came running into the house one day yelling "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK" followed by a scream from my wife. I go into to see what all the comotion is and my boy brought in a frog and showed to to my wife. I ask him what he as there, and he replies "A fuck".

I take the frog and put it on a lily pad in the pond. The frog sat there for a while and then jumped into the water. Boy starts crying. "He was my best friend", and then proceeds to spend the rest of the day and most of the next day sitting next to the pond, waiting for his fuck to come back.

Aren’t we all waiting for our fucks to come back?? 

1 hour ago, Buffsoldier said:

Surely I can't be alone in having an unnatural desire to see more duck drawings from that diner.

Yeah, it's weirdly compelling. Elmo's. It's a lot like Kerbey Lane, but it's in an old converted textile mill. And the walls are covered with ducks, drawn by everyone from 3 to 93, including some talented stoners.