• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:

That's grilling.

Friend in Chicago says bbqing when he is cooking burgers over gas. Weird.

I agree.  BBQ is a style of food.  "Grilling" is cooking outside with gas and "Charcoaling" is cooking outside with charcoal.  Then there is "smoking", which is a whole 'nother subject. 

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

That's grilling.

Friend in Chicago says bbqing when he is cooking burgers over gas. Weird.

I was a mtb instructor in the Poconos one summer during college. Towards the end of the summer, the other instructors had sent out word that we were going to have a bbq for dinner that night. I was stoked, as I’d been up there all summer and was missing my Texas bbq. Showed up... hamburgers and hotdogs. Yankees fucking suck.

All that said, Traeger (sp?) has made most weekend warriors believe they’re making bbq when they set a fucking box to a certain temp with electric or propane heat and a pellet smoker box. That shit isn’t bbq either. That’s wood chips in an outdoor oven. Fight me. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 2/15/2021 at 12:53 AM, Stinkpalm said:

I was a mtb instructor in the Poconos one summer during college. Towards the end of the summer, the other instructors had sent out word that we were going to have a bbq for dinner that night. I was stoked, as I’d been up there all summer and was missing my Texas bbq. Showed up... hamburgers and hotdogs. Yankees fucking suck.

All that said, Traeger (sp?) has made most weekend warriors believe they’re making bbq when they set a fucking box to a certain temp with electric or propane heat and a pellet smoker box. That shit isn’t bbq either. That’s wood chips in an outdoor oven. Fight me. 

What is an MTB instructor? 

35 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Mountain Bike me thinks 

That. Teaching kids and teens how to mountain bike over the summer. Ranged from newbie classes to advanced kids wanting to learn how to pick better lines down the mountain. Pretty fun summer of riding trails in the pocono mountains all day, every day. 

That. Teaching kids and teens how to mountain bike over the summer. Ranged from newbie classes to advanced kids wanting to learn how to pick better lines down the mountain. Pretty fun summer of riding trails in the pocono mountains all day, every day. 

What was the camp name? I spent two summers as a counselor at Camp Canadensis. I loved my time there.
  • Hook 'Em 1