• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

On 8/5/2021 at 6:23 AM, nnm said:

We attended an Express game Saturday (lost bigly to the Sugarland Cheeters*) & I explained to Monster who Nolan Ryan is & his nickname, how that ties into the team, etc., so this hits close to Round Rock.

*Astros AAA farm.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

14 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Sugarland Cheeters*)

*Astros AAA farm.

Are you some kind of commie Yankee fan, or worse a Dodger fan?  This hits close to home because a couple of weeks ago I took my daughter to see the Sugar Land (two words, not one) Skeeters when they played the El Paso Chihuahuas.

38 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Taking a glamour selfie in a way that hides it tells you all you need to know.  If she was proud of it she’d be showing it off.

kelly4access-7945101bc569df1a22e909f3425

She seems pretty comfortable with herself

46341101-9866425-Since_achieving_viral_f

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

What happened?  I didnt watch.  
The horse did what is called a "refuse".

Rough business in anything equestrian related (even in a "normal" Olympics) because with animals, you have lots of expensive transportation costs to get them in country well in advance of the games, quarantine to prevent contamination of any other horses that come to compete & prevention of any domestic animals getting diseased, etc. plus all the other strange settings to deal with.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ROFL BOX said:

The horse did what is called a "refuse".

you have lots of expensive transportation costs to get them in country well in advance of the games, quarantine to prevent contamination of any other horses that come to compete & prevention of any domestic animals getting diseased, etc. plus all the other strange settings to deal with.

Not this year

"Schleu's fortunes changed dramatically when it came to the jumping. She scored zero points when her mount, Saint Boy, refused to jump.

She was left cantering around the course in despair and eventually tears. 

After the remaining events, she finished in 31st place in a field of 36.

Pentathletes do not bring their own horses to the jumping section but are instead randomly assigned one of 18 horses.

Saint Boy was also assigned to Gulnaz Gubaydullina of Russia, and similarly refused to jump, according to the Irish newspaper The Journal. "

so 18 years of training hundreds of thousands of dollars spent, and she gets dealt a horse that either wasnt trained correctly, or just decided to say fuck it that day.  

21 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Not this year

Pentathletes do not bring their own horses to the jumping section but are instead randomly assigned one of 18 horses.

I hadn't watched the Pentathalon; thought it was Dressage or one of those similar equestrian events.

Either way, 1) sucks the horse was a dickhead 2) fuck yo thang if you can't rope from the saddle.

• Like 1

To make it worse she was in first with a commanding lead going into that event.  Also should be noted the the other rider who got assigned that horse also got zero points from it refusing to jump.  So two trained riders and neither could get it to do anything.  Just doesn't seem right or certainly doesn't seem like this should be an Olympic event.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2