Top Gun 2

Red Five

On 12/16/2019 at 9:24 AM, Red Five said:

It will be funny when Maverick gets Goose's son killed too.

Also, even if Meg Ryan was pregnant in the original, wouldn't that kid be like 35 now? 

Yeah and he'd still look older than TC

6 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

She looks great

since we're get Mav back, can we get her juggs back too

On 12/18/2019 at 12:29 PM, aggie08 said:

I'd pay $20 to watch a 2-hour documentary about the making of the movie, and still come away plenty satisfied.

This is gonna be sooo badass. 

Gonna watch the original with my boys just before taking 'em to the Imax for this one...

On 12/18/2019 at 12:29 PM, aggie08 said:

I'd pay $20 to watch a 2-hour documentary about the making of the movie, and still come away plenty satisfied.

Showed this on the big screen before Star Wars, plus the final trailer.  There were 6 of us in a row and my daughter (no pics) looked down the row at me after she saw this and just said.  We are going to see that.  My internal response was fuck yeah we are!!!

• Like 1

On 12/18/2019 at 3:55 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

They’re using 2 seater training hornets. But I think I read that tom learned to fly it. 

They might've put him in a simulator, but there is no way he was taught to fly a hornet.  He could've taken the stick in the backseat of a two-seater instructor version and pulled off a couple of barrel rolls, then told everyone that he knows how to fly it, but that's about the extent of it (as far as I can see).  

anything other than imax would be a mistake.
indeed. saw that movie about skywalker yeast the other day at imax and they had a trailer about top gun and it was awesome! for maverick being such hot shit he was always in the back seat wtf. IN! not that i give a shit about that or any plot at all fuck plot give me flying scenes. for plot it can be lassie lassie what is it? oh timmy is down the well? well fuck it lets go flying!!

6 hours ago, Gunsup said:

They might've put him in a simulator, but there is no way he was taught to fly a hornet.  He could've taken the stick in the backseat of a two-seater instructor version and pulled off a couple of barrel rolls, then told everyone that he knows how to fly it, but that's about the extent of it (as far as I can see).  

Correct.  Civilians aren't allowed to fly government equipment, so while he reportedly got "jet pilot" certified (whatever that means or entails), he won't be flying the F/A-18's Super Hornets on his own (or maybe at all).  It's been rumored he'll fly other jets retro fitted to look like them or older versions.

For other folks:

Second, civilians are not allowed to use government equipment, particularly militarized jets — so even Tom Cruise can’t just take off in an F/A-18 Hornet, even if he does feel the need, the need for speed. (I know, we’re a bit bummed about that too).

However, Cruise, a licensed pilot, has gone through extensive training for the film and will do some of his own flying “in certain aircrafts.”

So Cruise will personally fly aircraft in the film, which is still in production, he just won’t be, you know, landing a fighter jet on a carrier deck for added realism. So Cruise’s stunt participation will be as awesome as possible without breaking U.S. military law.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
8 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So new release date of July 2.  I am definitely in for this in IMAX.  

Imma probably definitely see it twice on opening day. On the biggest and baddest IMAX screen in DFW obviously.

• Hook 'Em 1