Concerts you are attending

bamachine

great show.  Heartbreaker is a rarity live so was nice to get that one.  took a buddy of mine who is a big music/concert guy but had never seen the Stones.  After Gimmie Shelter he turned to me and said "holy shit".    I said "yeah...told ya".   Jagger is truly amazing.  sure the voice has changed but the guy gives it his all every night. I keep thinking this is it every time they come through and then I see him and think this guy might be doing it for 10 more years.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Vampire Weekend is Irving was pretty kickass. Not sure why I've never seen them live before. Though Ezra did say they haven't been to Dallas in 6 years. 

That was a great show. Also my first time to see them live. The guy that replaced Rostam can shred it. Loved "New Dorp New York."

Sunn 0))) tonight at Granada

So I went to see these guys on the recommendation of a friend.

Apart from an awesome wall of amps and great gimmick of all playing in dark robes and lots of fog - I don’t get it.

Metal slowed and dropped without any drums or melody.

It felt like a joke I wasn’t in on. I kept waiting for the little people of Stonehenge to dance.

11 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Ok so I YouTubed some of that. Wtff?

So it's not just me.  

It sounds like some dudes got really high, turned their amps up super loud, started doing chord exercises and said "Let's take this shit on the road!"

Great background music for a scary movie though.  

The shit I watched seemed mostly like really low end synthesizer sounds and a bunch of groaning. Mostly in the dark. The clip was like an hour and a half long, guess it was some concert. I didn’t hear anything that sounded like guitars, though there were some on stage. I don’t get it at all.

48 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

The shit I watched seemed mostly like really low end synthesizer sounds and a bunch of groaning. Mostly in the dark. The clip was like an hour and a half long, guess it was some concert. I didn’t hear anything that sounded like guitars, though there were some on stage. I don’t get it at all.

The set up at this show was bass, guitar, keyboard, synth, guitar.  There was a trombone on stage that I'm told was used after I left.  It was so incredibly loud, and the guitars were tuned way down (I'm told dropped A), that basically it was just loud throbbing.  I'm not sure if any mic could capture that live.  But yeah, this video is pretty much it.  Guy in front of me was 100% into it.  He had a black t-shirt on that said "Drugs, Drone & Doom."  That's kind of the tone of the evening.

Finally got a good pair up close for Maiden in the Woodlands later this month. Can’t go to the Dallas show because I’ll be in Austin for the Okie State game, so I’m driving to Houston from Austin on Sunday for the show and then back home to Dallas. Gonna be a long day but I never miss Maiden.

• Like 1

In about 1984 I sent away for an Iron Maiden VCR tape from the back of Circus Magazine that had the official videos for Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills, Flight of Icarus, and The Trooper. Took about 2 months to get delivered.

That was one coveted video amongst my gang of metalheads.

• Like 3