Concerts you are attending

bamachine

On 5/14/2018 at 11:18 PM, destroya said:

Just got back from seeing Courtney Barnett. Damn good show. Had never heard her and went on a whim.

I'd try and give a review but I'm gonna grab some p terry's and crash. 

She really ripped it. New album doesn't have as many catchy tracks as some of her old stuff, but it really worked for her live show. It was my first time at the  Mohawk, great venue.

15 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Kendrick Lamar concert at starplex tonight. Pretty pumped

Man I have tickets for tonight’s show in Austin but have to sell them because I have court this afternoon and wouldn’t be sure if I make it out in time for the 3 hr drive from Laredo.  Bummed is an understatement.

14 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

I hope SZA shows up for the Texas shows

I’m pretty sure she’s on the bill and I was looking forward to seeing her 2nd behind Kendrick. 

Ive got them on sale at Ticketmaster but if anybody from here wants I’ll drop the price. 

• Like 1

Took in Kenny Chesney last night at ATT Stadium. The show itself was great. Less of his older straight country and more of his “beach pirate” stuff, which I’m not afraid to admit I dig. But the Deathstar continues to be a terrible venue. Acoustics were awful.

Went to Karbach on Saturday.  They had an ill-promoted chili cook-off, music fest, fundraiser thing.  Maybe it was because it was re-scheduled...but it was still on a Saturday.

Anywho...got to see Chris Robinson Brotherhood with about 200 other people.  It was great.

1 hour ago, stc said:

black angels playing passover in its entirety tonight at blues on the green. 

I was about to post this. 

It'll be my daughter's first time seeing them so she's excited since it's one of her favorite bands.  I'm glad they'll be forced to play my favorite song...First Vietnamese War which they've never played in the dozen times I've seen them.

21 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I was about to post this. 

It'll be my daughter's first time seeing them so she's excited since it's one of her favorite bands.  I'm glad they'll be forced to play my favorite song...First Vietnamese War which they've never played in the dozen times I've seen them.

i actually thought empire was the best song of the night. i also noticed there were several songs where he changed up the lyrics. definitely prefer seeing them in a small venue, but can't beat a free concert in zilker.  been a long time since i've been to blues on the green...like since it was over by the rock wall. holy shit it's a lot bigger these days. when we got back to our bikes there were some people whose bikes had been stolen, and at least one bike with both wheels gone. 

19 minutes ago, stc said:

i actually thought empire was the best song of the night. i also noticed there were several songs where he changed up the lyrics. definitely prefer seeing them in a small venue, but can't beat a free concert in zilker.  been a long time since i've been to blues on the green...like since it was over by the rock wall. holy shit it's a lot bigger these days. when we got back to our bikes there were some people whose bikes had been stolen, and at least one bike with both wheels gone. 

I hadn't been to BOTG in 6 years. Paid for the parking on the polo fields so it was an easy walk. Got there at 7:30 and was surprised that we were able to walk right up and plop our chairs down 20 feet from the stage. There was tons of vacant space up there. Once the Black Angels came on it was standing room only though.  It is insane how big it has gotten since I last went. It was around 10,000 a night  6 years ago. It seemed to be a much, much larger crowd last night.

The sound was a bit shitty but it's BOTG. it's more of a social event.  My highlight was obviously TFVW but I loved the deep cuts like Empire and Call to Arms. Passover is great beginning to end.  

Edited by CooterBrown

On 5/20/2018 at 7:17 PM, I Got Worms said:

Peter Hook and the Light at Mohawk on Wednesday. Bass player for Joy Division and New Order. Plays nothing but greatest hits from both bands. Oh hell yeah.

I saw him on the last tour, fantastic show. I'm going again on the 30th, Paper Tiger San Antonio.

12 minutes ago, RiverwalkMiner said:

I saw him on the last tour, fantastic show. I'm going again on the 30th, Paper Tiger San Antonio.

I went to the Mohawk show last night.  It was great, as expected.  Hooky always delivers.  The crowd was kind of douchey, though.  Peter Hook had to single a guy out early on to be ejected ("You, in the hat there - you'll need to fuck off then").  I never understand why people think they need to mosh at a show like this.  

Edited by Dirk X West

On 5/20/2018 at 5:46 PM, HiggyBaby said:

Took in Kenny Chesney last night at ATT Stadium. The show itself was great. Less of his older straight country and more of his “beach pirate” stuff, which I’m not afraid to admit I dig. But the Deathstar continues to be a terrible venue. Acoustics were awful.

No wonder the sound was bad.  Guitar tech forgot to plug his Les Paul in.  

kenny-faking-it-jpg.124052

• 3 weeks later...

Got my tickets to Camp Cope/Petal at Barracuda on July 12. I went to Red 7 a few times but I don't think I've been since it changed hands. Very pumped, at the moment Camp Cope is probably top 3 on my list of current bands I haven't seen but want to. Don't know why they're not headlining, but Petal's perfectly fine too.