Concerts you are attending

bamachine

I attend there are a lot of folks that view concerts as simply a place to mingle and shoot the breeze. Just another bar with live music. The main goal is to get an instagram shot to show "they were there."  

Wasn’t like that at Stubbs when I saw 2livecrew open for ICP back in the late 00s. Then again, Instagram hasn’t been invented yet. It was a simpler time.

Elvis Costello tonight.  Did not disappoint. Lots of old stuff. He did a mix up of Allison, and the wind cries Mary, and then a whole piano conversation about the man from Riddle Arkansas, Lonesome roads (A Face In The Crowd), and how he wanted to play that part.

Angels wanna wear my red shoes, Allison, watching  the detectives, whats so funny about peace , Every day I write the book,  Radio radio, This years girl, accidents will happen, Pump it up, Clubland.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

Hadn't had a chance to post about it yet, but dayum was Wilco awesome at Cain's on Tuesday.  The setlist was fucking awesome. Lots of Being There and Mermaid Avenue stuff at the end of the show.  Of the new stuff, White Wooden Cross and Everyone Hides really stood out live.  I was hoping they would play Quite Amplifier, but no dice.

Still a GREAT setlist:

• Bright Leaves
  • Before Us
  • Company in My Back
  • War on War
  • One and a Half Stars
  • If I Ever Was a Child
  • Handshake Drugs
  • At Least That's What You Said
  • Hummingbird
  • White Wooden Cross
  • Via Chicago
  • Summer Teeth
  • Laminated Cat
  • Random Name Generator
  • Reservations
  • We Were Lucky
  • Love Is Everywhere (Beware)
  • Impossible Germany
  • Forget the Flowers
  • Box Full of Letters
  • Everyone Hides
  • I'm the Man Who Loves You
  • Hold Me Anyway
  • The Late Greats

Encore:

• California Stars
  • Hesitating Beauty
  • Red-Eyed and Blue
  • I Got You (At the End of the Century)
  • Outtasite (Outta Mind)
Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Like 1

Hadn't had a chance to post about it yet, but dayum was Wilco awesome at Cain's on Tuesday.  The setlist was fucking awesome. Lots of Being There and Mermaid Avenue stuff at the end of the show.  Of the new stuff, White Wooden Cross and Everyone Hides really stood out live.  I was hoping they would play Quite Amplifier, but no dice.
Still a GREAT setlist:
  • Bright Leaves
  • Before Us
  • Company in My Back
  • War on War
  • One and a Half Stars
  • If I Ever Was a Child
  • Handshake Drugs
  • At Least That's What You Said
  • Hummingbird
  • White Wooden Cross
  • Via Chicago
  • Summer Teeth
  • Laminated Cat
  • Random Name Generator
  • Reservations
  • We Were Lucky
  • Love Is Everywhere (Beware)
  • Impossible Germany
  • Forget the Flowers
  • Box Full of Letters
  • Everyone Hides
  • I'm the Man Who Loves You
  • Hold Me Anyway
  • The Late Greats
Encore:
  • California Stars
  • Hesitating Beauty
  • Red-Eyed and Blue
  • I Got You (At the End of the Century)
  • Outtasite (Outta Mind)

Caught them in Irving last night. Great show as always. Jeff was in high spirits. Very funny.

07a9013db456b771eb214190276f8b0c.jpg

ba3dfb11da2f63200280f115715ec5af.jpg

f33bdd37d881f34675174ad2beeb2629.jpg
  • Like 1

That's awesome.  Yeah Jeff was in a really good mood at the Tulsa show also.  

In fact, he's been in a really good mood for most of the past 10 years I think.  I remember when I first started seeing Wilco in the early/mid-2000s, he would often be somewhat surly on stage... but I think he's mellowed out a lot and is a lot happier... I guess getting off the drugs and losing the migranes will do that... :)

Also got me some Wilco merch for the first time in a while. Snagged this tee at the merch  booth.

WILA38_360x.jpg?v=1571664559

Saw that. Cool shirt. Saw they were selling the “Texas” one that I bought a few years back. Finally opened some boxes of t-shirts from my move a couple years back and there were 3-4 Wilco shirts in there, including the Texas flag one. Gave the PAC-Man one to my son because it’s shrunk something fierce and I’ve gone the other way.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Saw that. Cool shirt. Saw they were selling the “Texas” one that I bought a few years back. Finally opened some boxes of t-shirts from my move a couple years back and there were 3-4 Wilco shirts in there. Gave the PAC-Man one to my son because it’s shrunk something fierce and I’ve gone the other way.

Haha yeah.

I have a Spoon shirt that I got the first time I saw them at Cain's... maybe... 2004ish?... It's getting a little tight, lol.

My favorite Wilco concert tee is one I got at a show at the Palladium in Dallas in 2009ish?.... I call it the "muzzle of bees" shirt because it has what looks like a bouquet of bees launching outward.

Just now, pepper brooks said:

Pink is fantastic live.  that will be a great show.  not a huge ID fan, but I could suffer through.  

I actually like ID and am looking forward to it.  But I'm certain that's an "unpopular opinions thread" take here on the surl. :)

Pink has a great voice, I don't really dig her music but I'm sure it'll be an interesting show.  Both concerts are effectively free for me, since I'd have tickets to the US Grand Prix regardless.

Oh, also, Kool and the Gang on Sunday, which might be fun.

On 11/1/2019 at 8:08 AM, hacker said:

Jade Bird tonight at Scoot Inn - should be some lovely weather for it.

really good show, great energy. I love her guitar player. she played a new/unrecorded/unreleased song called "Anniversary" that was pretty good

was surprised how much I liked Flyte, the opening act-- beautiful harmonies, very CSNY but some of their (Flyte's) stuff was more prog-folk

Edited by SwanderedTalent