Concerts you are attending

bamachine

On 11/2/2019 at 9:03 AM, tbone_ said:

When I saw her she was the guitar player. Solo acoustic thing, opened for Isbell and John misty.

Luke Prosser. Really tasteful, fits inside the framework of her songs. I don't know how much of a hired gun he is, whether he's the one composing and/or playing the lead guitar parts on her record, but I like what he does. 

Luke Prosser. Really tasteful, fits inside the framework of her songs. I don't know how much of a hired gun he is, whether he's the one composing and/or playing the lead guitar parts on her record, but I like what he does. 

Just discovered Luke and her are effin

On 11/16/2019 at 11:42 AM, The Maestro said:

Think no Think was pretty good, their singer/guitarist was a beast. 

King Buffalo is like cowbell, and I can’t get enough.  I love their sound, and they really put on a great live show. 

King Buffalo was awesome.  I really didn't care for Think no Think at all, but to each their own.  Crowd overall definitely dug them.

Crypt Trip(sp?) was enjoyable for what they were.

On 11/17/2019 at 9:13 AM, Mez2 said:

Bingham and Jamestown Revival tonight at WOMH

When Bingham started to bring up how the Parkland, FLA students were treated poorly by some, after the shooting, I thought some in the crowd were on the verge of walking. Dangerous territory to bring up politics with an all white audience.

15 hours ago, The Maestro said:

This!  Also people were just wandering around aimlessly.  

On 11/18/2019 at 8:52 AM, stc said:

i enjoyed it but thought the crowd was pretty terrible. couldn't get away from people talking. 

I really dislike crowds, I'm sure I have some sort of actual phobia, so I go to fewer and fewer concerts as I've gotten older.  So I see concert behavior as sort of a series of snapshots in time rather than a continuous input.  And I can say that every time I go to a concert, I notice more talking than the last time.  It's definitely more noticeable at clubs and smaller venues than in massive arenas, but I've been really surprised in recent years about how much, and how loudly, people talk during a concert.

I saw Bob Schneider at Antone's a couple of months back, and was pretty shocked at the constant hum of chatter in the crowd.  I have no idea why people pay so much money to see a show, and then don't listen to it.  And they're not just ruining their own experience, they're ruining it for everyone else around them.  

Band of Heathens and Western Youth at the 04 Center Sunday night. I didn't even know this place existed even though it's right next to Matt's on South Lamar. It's a church that hosts concerts at night.  It's a pretty decent venue with good acoustics, alcohol, parking, and cushioned seats. There was even a dude doing rails in the bathroom. 

Finally got the John prine monkey off my back, flew to Orlando for it. Had his newish signee to his label open for him, Kelsey Weldon. Just a great damn night all around.

Realized it was one of the last stops on his US tour and after seeing willie’s harsh decline I had to make this happen while prine still has some gas in the tank

• Like 2

Picked up tickets to see Shane Smith in Denver next month.  They usually play for a night or two on their way two or from the big festival in Steamboat Springs.

I heard on the radio that Motley Crue, Poison, Def Leppard are touring next year.  We saw Crue at least on their farewell tour, and they swore up one side and down the other that they weren't going to be like all of the other retiring bands and reunite a year or two down the road.   

Old guy here. 

how are the Eagles shows nowadays?  I never saw them back in the hey day but have always loved them. Then saw the 2 part doc and really loved it. 

Friend has offered to buy us good floor seats if we really want to go. I am scared at  the prices I might be disappointed. 

Anybody been recently?

9 hours ago, Shaddie said:

Old guy here. 

how are the Eagles shows nowadays?  I never saw them back in the hey day but have always loved them. Then saw the 2 part doc and really loved it. 

Friend has offered to buy us good floor seats if we really want to go. I am scared at  the prices I might be disappointed. 

Anybody been recently?

I can’t say it was all that recent,  but I saw them for my first and only time in ‘05, at the Staple Ctr in LA.  I also had floor seats. I’m pretty sure this was the first “Hell Freezes Over” Tour (So, “Hell sees a cold front”?) 

Of course, Mr Frey was still alive and I am so glad I got to see him.  They sounded amazing. I’m serious. Just like you’d imagined they would sound in 1975.  

My wife (Nope) also wants to go this coming year- But I think they’re playing in Jerry World up here in DFW- So that might be a deal breaker. 
I think that place sucks for concerts(and everything else).

if you can see them at a better venue; go.

On 12/11/2019 at 6:33 AM, Kennythetiger said:

We saw Crue at least on their farewell tour, and they swore up one side and down the other that they weren't going to be like all of the other retiring bands and reunite a year or two down the road.   

Yeah they supposedly even signed what was described as an “iron clad” contract not to tour anymore. Then “The Dirt” happened, therefore voiding said contract.

I really should have paid more attention in contracts class