Concerts you are attending

bamachine

3 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Anyone seen White Denim out of austin? Seeing them tonight, I’ve heard they put on a good live show. 

Just bought tix for this too.  Wife and I are going in blind.  Haven't heard one note, but a friend and his wife are going and they see all kinds of music, so I trust him.  Will listen to some at work today  

Quite refreshing to be able to get 2 tickets for under $40.  lulz

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 10:50 AM, Tylerocks said:

Just bought tix for this too.  Wife and I are going in blind.  Haven't heard one note, but a friend and his wife are going and they see all kinds of music, so I trust him.  Will listen to some at work today  

Quite refreshing to be able to get 2 tickets for under $40.  lulz

Saw them twice at White Oak in Houston.  Totally bad ass. I wish they still had Austin Jenkins on guitar though.

Edited by Rip76
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, pepper brooks said:

heading to Dwight yoakam in Houston tonight.  I am sure it will be mostly the same show I have seen the last 10 times, but I am also sure I DGAF and will love it as I always do. 

How's old Dwight holding up these days? Still fitting in those children's sized jeans?

He's the only country music I've ever liked

8 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

How's old Dwight holding up these days? Still fitting in those children's sized jeans?

He's the only country music I've ever liked

Still wearing his kids sized jeans. Voice is still incredible at 63. Burner through a 25 song set last night. Great show. Fat and away my favorite country singer ever. Turn it on, turn it up, turn me loose is my favorite all time country song. 

I want to say again try to get a ticket to see them while you can in a smaller venue.  I got lucky and saw the last night of their 3 night Stand at Mohawk, I missed Gary Clark in clubs because I was coaching soccer all the time.  I caught maybe 3 songs SXSJ, and am still pissed at my Sis for wanting to go eatng. There are a few tickets for the 4th show that was added at Stubbs this May.  I would be buying those tix if I hadn;t seen them in an even smaller venue. Their managementy placed the Erwin Center on Reserve for next year according to the Austin Chronicle article, so might be worth looking for a ticket. https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2020-01-31/black-pumas-unparalleled-four-show-stubbs-booking/

Residents of Austin in the early Nineties might recall the Arc Angels demonstrating a similarly meteoric crossover success shortly after forming. Gary Clark Jr. also enjoyed a spectacular rise after appearing at the 2010 Eric Clapton Crossroads Festival in Chicago, but he'd already been gigging around town for a decade. Other acts capable of moving 9,000 local tickets – Spoon, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and the Butthole Surfers when "Pepper" topped charts – all took a longer path to accumulate that draw.

I was thinking last band I remember being that hot was the Arc Angels, saw them at Continental and beyond a half dozen times. Got lucky saw Spoon at Continental as well at the end of SXSW maybe 3 years ago, for Alejandros last hosting of the sxsw closeout party. So that was super lucky, and up front.  Saw Stevie Maybe 25 ties, Butthole Surfers maybe twice, but Gary Clark only on the Big Stage.  maybe one day gary....

On 2/1/2020 at 1:38 AM, Etexhorn13 said:

Black Pumas at White Oak tonight played probably the most fun show I’ve ever been to. Didn’t expect them to be that awesome, and that singer has some serious pipes. Loved all of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

What are y’all talking about? The pic is Trigger.

I’ve seen him play a headless Steinberger when Trigger was in the shop.

interesting.  I was going to say it was trigger, because the hole is correct, but looking at the picture it looked a LOT less worn than other pics I had seen and when I saw him about 5 years ago.  thought maybe they had a look a like.  could be the angle and distance of the pic.

Girl Talk is skipping Philly, so it's the reverse phenomenon of when I lived in Dallas and would bitch that so many acts I wanted to see didn't come through. He's at Emo's on May 18 and Granada on May 19 (no Houston). So this has become an excuse for an anniversary trip to Toronto for a weekend.

Hope this means he has new updated mashups coming out. I know that's not as much of a thing now as 10-15 years ago, but he was so good at it. And his producing/backing career for lesser rappers hasn't been that great

On 1/14/2020 at 8:38 PM, CooterBrown said:

Haven’t picked a date yet but Ministry is doing a 30th anniversary tour for The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste. It’ll be the same bill as then with KMFDM and Front Line Assembly in support. They will play the ‘89 set lists from that tour.

damn. do want. do not want to drive.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:59 PM, rage-a-holic said:

damn. do want. do not want to drive.

Read Al's autobiography last year and it turned me off from wanting to see them live. He truly hates performing live and said he only does it for money, which is why he charges so much. Saw them back in the 80s and 90s which was great, but now I think it would be a pretty disappointing experience. Maybe I'm wrong and the current shows are still good. 

Read Al's autobiography last year and it turned me off from wanting to see them live. He truly hates performing live and said he only does it for money, which is why he charges so much. Saw them back in the 80s and 90s which was great, but now I think it would be a pretty disappointing experience. Maybe I'm wrong and the current shows are still good. 

I’ve seen them probably 30 times. The last time was at Fair Market for the Wax Trax event. It was a set of ‘92 and older. He really enjoyed himself...much more than it’s seemed for the past 20 years. There were some obvious taped vocals on a couple of songs so he could appear to keep up.

Got a ticket for Denver so I’ll use it as an excuse to hit RMNP.

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I’ve seen them probably 30 times. The last time was at Fair Market for the Wax Trax event. It was a set of ‘92 and older. He really enjoyed himself...much more than it’s seemed for the past 20 years. There were some obvious taped vocals on a couple of songs so he could appear to keep up.

Got a ticket for Denver so I’ll use it as an excuse to hit RMNP.

Cool -- that's good to hear. I love their stuff (even the recent stuff) and glad to know he and the band can still bring it.

On 2/10/2020 at 11:03 AM, Chad Fuck said:

A friend is trying to get me to go to this.  I have to admit, I was not a Bauhaus kid but I feel like if I was going to take a shot, this is it.  So where should I start with Bauhaus?

The Sky's Gone Out is a pretty solid album.  Also really like Love and Rockets. Never got into Tones on Tail.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

Went back to check seats at that Primus show at Moody when everything went on sale FRI. Ticketmaster is handling sales now and a message displayed that surge pricing in effect. As demand increases, the prices go up. During the presale, I paid $59 for 2nd row balcony. When I checked, tickets a few rows back were $350. WTF. I hope this isn’t the new normal way of pricing retail tickets.