Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Just bought tickets to the Fiesta Oyster Bake in San Antonio.  A friend of mine is in an 80s hair metal cover band that is playing the festival and that's our main reason for going, but also, the lineup includes Fuel, POD, Puddle of Mudd, Pop Evil, Spin Doctors, Coolio, and Blue Oyster Cult.  

Plus, apparently, over 100,000 oysters will be consumed, so that's something I feel like I have to see. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

I love Oyster Bake, I helped put it on for 10 years, my then-wife worked at St. Mary's. Then I got sober.

Eagles at Toyota Center tonight with now wife. Let's see if Deacon Frey has an inkling of his dad's talent.

Hoping I dont get the coronavirusaids.

GoodLuckWe'reAllCountingOnYou.jpg

I love Oyster Bake, I helped put it on for 10 years, my then-wife worked at St. Mary's. Then I got sober.

Eagles at Toyota Center tonight with now wife. Let's see if Deacon Frey has an inkling of his dad's talent.

Hoping I dont get the coronavirusaids.

You will not be disappointed
  • Like 1

Yeah that was a great show.

Deacon held his own on "Take it Easy" and "Already Gone" - and several times Don Henley paid respects to Glenn while welcoming Deacon into the fold.

I never imagined I'd see Vince Gill and Glenn Frey's son riffing with Joe Walsh.

• Like 1

Chance the Rapper at the rodeo last night, damn that was good. I wasn’t expecting that deep a show. 100% I want to see his full show. 

Eagles tonight, I heard the show went 4hrs last night, can’t wait. I’ll be in 114 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 8:40 AM, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Coming up I have Porches at Webster Hall, Angel Olsen in Prospect Park, and Car Seat Headrest at Brooklyn Steel.

Fucking love Webster Hall, saw the Drive By Truckers there a couple of weeks ago...

Saw KISS last night in Lubbock. David Lee Roth opened. I kinda went on a lark, but as a huge KISS fan, I couldn't miss. I was blown away. KISS puts on a hell of a show & Paul Stanley is a master at working a crowd. I guess because of the makeup and the clothes, they are ageless. Looked just like they did back in the '70s. Obviously, the voices aren't the same, but damn if they weren't still pretty good. 

David Lee Roth also impressed me. He did 45 minutes and looks very athletic. Jumped all around stage--albeit the jumps were more like small bounces. He also played to the crowd and put in real effort. His voice really does suck, but no one seemed to mind. 

KISS still has a great stage set with pyrotechnics, risers, lifts, video screens and at one point Stanley road some apparatus out to the middle of the crowd about 200 feet from the main stage and played to those of us in the cheap seats. 

One thing that was really cool is that the video board behind the band would often times show vintage concert footage of the current band playing along with its former self. 

All in all, it was the best $35 I have spent in 2020. If the show comes to your town, I highly recommend it. 

And as far as the corona virus goes, I went to take a leak and someone shouted out in the men's room--"I have the corona."  Immediately someone shouted in response "and KISS is the cure." I hope so.

After Deuce, Stanley told the crowd "We hear there is a sickness going around. Well, I just happen to have the phone number and will be calling DR. LOVE." Cue Gene...

If I die next week, bury me in face paint and my ostrich Luccheses.

• Like 1

While everyone was seeing Eagles in Houston, the wife and I were hanging out with Overkill down the street. Good times. 

Evidently not gonna be seeing shit for a while. Just saw that Hell’s Heroes III was cancelled. Excellent lineup even without the mighty Candlemass, but I was sooooo looking forward to that entire show. 

Stupid fuckin’ virus...

On 3/4/2020 at 12:11 PM, utee94 said:

Just bought tickets to the Fiesta Oyster Bake in San Antonio.  A friend of mine is in an 80s hair metal cover band that is playing the festival and that's our main reason for going, but also, the lineup includes Fuel, POD, Puddle of Mudd, Pop Evil, Spin Doctors, Coolio, and Blue Oyster Cult.  

Plus, apparently, over 100,000 oysters will be consumed, so that's something I feel like I have to see. 

And... Oyster Bake is canceled.

Maybe next year.

1 minute ago, The University said:

have tickets for ministry/kmfdm/fla in houston on 7/24, but if that show gets canceled, whatevs. we'll likely be in the throes of anarchy over a virus while burning inside due to the new world order and permawar.

Flashback to fall of 1989 and first semester in Austin. Ministry and KMFDM played the Austin Opera House(?). Crazy show with a fence between bands and crowd. 

Caught the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band this week. 2 original members in a 5 man group. One of the new members is the lead singers, guitarists son.  Solid bluegrass,  "Californiagrass" era stuff, and some other great music that definitely had to be inspired by Buffalo Springfield music.  

Small venue, old movie theater turned music palace. We bought tickets on the street, and got 2 in the handicap area, which was great. It was dead center right behind the sound board.  You had you own private little VIP like area. Made slipping out to get a fresh drink very easy.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

On 3/7/2020 at 8:43 AM, BearSchlong said:

Yeah that was a great show.

Deacon held his own on "Take it Easy" and "Already Gone" - and several times Don Henley paid respects to Glenn while welcoming Deacon into the fold.

I never imagined I'd see Vince Gill and Glenn Frey's son riffing with Joe Walsh.

Edited by Cairn Horn88

On 3/8/2020 at 2:50 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Eagles concert was amazing. 8:10 to 11:35 (20 min intermission). Damn it was a great time 

go see them if you can 

I liked it when the hot blond walked across the stage and flipped the album over.  Probably one of the top 3 concerts I’ve seen.  

• Like 1

Am I wrong for thinking it funny that a death metal band who pens lyrics like below cancels concerts due to coronavirus?

Screen-Shot-2020-03-20-at-2-33-33-PM.png

The sun is dawning on another sea of blood and mud
March against machine guns like lambs being driven to the slaughter
Tornadoes of shrapnel
The wounded sinking in three feet of mud
Dying grotesquely
Wading through the swamp among the carnage

No!!!!!

-Our last assault for victory
-Shattered by machine gun fire
-Bombs rain down in cataracts
-Carnival of death

Shellshocked, paralyzed, staring into the gloom
Penalties for desertion
Death the reward for cowardice
Salvos, cannonades, unleashing hysteria of rage
The senselessness of it all grew like a cancer in the minds of the troops

No!!!!

-Carnival of death

No survivors

For weeks I have waited in this mud
I'm shaking, I'm wet
The stench of my dead friends
Relieved when we finally march in
This waiting is killing me
Traumatized eyes, as we go in
Bodies everywhere, the bullets scream
We can't survive but we march in
Nothing to win but I go in
Don't care if this killing is a sin
I just want to end this hell I'm in
I hit the bottom, we did not win

No!!!!

-Carnival of death

No survivors

Virtual concert tonight, Dave Matthews from his living room. All proceeds to small businesses, sponsored by Verizon.

Verizon is having various concerts every Tuesday and Thursday at 7 CDT, streaming on Twitter. Not sure who is next but since we cant go to actual shows this year. . .

Only 6 songs but it was phenomenal.

Enjoyed it with my 20 yr old daughter - I met her mom at a DMB show in 95.

• 10 months later...