Concerts you are attending

bamachine

1 hour ago, Footballpants said:

Don't worry assholes, y'all can consider me the sunshine pumper of this thread. Big Venue live music, Major Act tours, and large scale Music Festivals are just over the horizon. The train has left the station, there ain't no stopping the rock-n-roll train. Late summer and fall are gonna be on like donkey kong! Thunderchoad is full of shit. Checks notes:

Hinterland / Bonnaroo / ACL / Outside Lands / Life is Beautiful are a go.

DMB, Avett Brothers & Tyler Childers, Tame Impala, Deftones, Leon Bridges, Megan Thee Stallion, Post Malone, Vampire Weekend, KOL, Foo Fighters, Lizzo, etc all starting to perform the latter half of the summer.

If your dimwitted ass only had a clue. Fall, maybe. Summer, outside of what I outlined above, good luck seeing anyone that can fill a real show. 

2 hours ago, Footballpants said:

Is that a fucking concert with 50k fucking people?

Knock off the trolling. You can’t be that fucking stupid. So take your choad schtick and stick it so far up your ass that your dad has to use barbecue to tongs to reach it before he sticks his tongue in.

Buh bye.

• Like 1

LOL. We’re on the same team brah, we both want the same thing - to see some badass shows. I’m just having some fun with you.

I do honestly think you are 6 months too conservative in your projections on a return to normalcy.

This thing is blowing wide open in late July. There is enough air cover for the artists, venues and production companies, now that pro and college sports are going back to 100% capacity, vaccinations are hitting critical mass, etc.

Sure there will be some bands and venues that choose to play it conservative and delay til mid 2022, but I think the live music business is going to act a lot like the Big 10 did last summer. Once Dave Matthews, Maroon 5, Foo Fighters and other major acts start touring, the damn is going to break, and those that misread the room will scramble to get back touring and making money.

This isn’t all just conjecture, I may have some inside knowledge too bud ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/29/2021 at 4:47 PM, Footballpants said:

Sure there will be some bands and venues that choose to play it conservative and delay til mid 2022, but I think the live music business is going to act a lot like the Big 10 did last summer. 

This is what I've been thinking for a while. I understand not putting firm plans in place when there are still medical crises popping up around the country. But at some point, a lot of venues will be able to go from 0 to 100 percent right away. Why would they and the bands pass up good money?

I'm mainly talking venues smaller than 5K or so. Those that survived this long will surely do whatever it takes to put shows on quickly. Unless there's some Live Nation fuckery going on where they actually want venues to fail and won't allow bands to book yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/5/2021 at 12:03 AM, CooterBrown said:

Just bought tickets to take my daughter to see Glass Animals at the new Waterloo Park amphitheater in September. Felt good buying tickets for the first time in forever.

i was just looking at those tickets...i freakin LOVE Glass Animals.

venue itself is sold out, they are all resale...you mind me asking where you got yours (and were they reasonable)?

honestly i'll probably go by myself... nobody i know could even tell you one song by GA lol. my niece is a fan, but she'll be back at college. but man...i REALLY want to go! 

i was just looking at those tickets...i freakin LOVE Glass Animals.
venue itself is sold out, they are all resale...you mind me asking where you got yours (and were they reasonable)?
honestly i'll probably go by myself... nobody i know could even tell you one song by GA lol. my niece is a fan, but she'll be back at college. but man...i REALLY want to go! 

Since my daughter listens to them all the time on our shared Spotify account, I was offered tickets through a Spotify presale. 2/3 of the seats were gone at that point so I’d bet it was sold out via all the presales or at least very close to it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

so i splurged...got the Glass Animal tickets!! 😎

last concert i attended was Tool in January 2020...had Sturgill Simpson tickets for last spring that didn't pan out but got a full refund, figured it was a fair trade. 

excited to see the venue, hope it's awesome and one of those 'there's no bad seat' type places. mid-September is risky heat-wise, but i've been to two September concerts at COTA that were absolutely perfect weather, so fingers-crossed!

ETA: so my niece will go to the Irving show (she's at UNT)...and those tickets are 1) not sold out at all, and 2) cheap as shit by comparison 😝 wtf Austin, all bougie lol 

Edited by mchookem
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Axle Hongsnort said:

Wait, Thunderlounge already gave us the same info - over and over - that it didn’t matter what the largest touring bands in the world say, these announcements mean nothing...

I still don’t see big shows til at least August.

No need to rehash. 

On 3/31/2021 at 1:09 PM, 4th&Five said:

I have tickets for this one and really hope it goes off as planned.  PJ and MMJ are my 2 favorite bands not named The Beatles and the thought of spending a weekend on the beach seeing this lineup has gotten me through a lot of this pandemic.

Ohana Festival

They confirmed this is a go this morning and made some pretty choice lineup additions.  Can't wait!

609b10cecc822a6caec8f320_Ohana_2021-adma

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

Have any big tours actually started or have any festivals actually happened yet?

Nope.

Lots of hopes and dreams, but nothing played yet. First thing I have tickets for that hasn’t officially postponed again or cancelled is on July 6th. Tour starts a couple weeks before that in mid June.

Haven’t even booked a hotel room yet. I don’t see it happening. 

Nope.

Lots of hopes and dreams, but nothing played yet. First thing I have tickets for that hasn’t officially postponed again or cancelled is on July 6th. Tour starts a couple weeks before that in mid June.
Haven’t even booked a hotel room yet. I don’t see it happening. 

Dude, you seem like a nice enough guy, but scroll up for fucks sake and quit moving your goal posts. You said no big shows until 2022 and gave lengthy reasons why. You were wrong and that’s good because life is returning to normal.

I also said maybe this fall.

I’m also not seeing capacity numbers or restrictions being mentioned for most places. A new tour can potentially work with something like that easier than a rescheduled show that was sold at full capacity.

But also none of these big shows have happened, yet.

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

So much for crue hanging it up I guess.

Oh, but the fans demanded it so hard they just had to. 

Heh, I can’t blame em. People need a paycheck, and that’s what they do. Somebody’s gotta pay for Nikki’s great great great grandson to go to school. 

Seriously though, they offered enough to do it. Might as well only be one idiot in that transaction. 

On 5/11/2021 at 3:54 PM, nolongerU2horn said:

So...when are they gonna postpone these Black Pumas shows that are supposed to happen at Stubbs in 2 weeks?

On 5/12/2021 at 1:21 PM, CooterBrown said:

Got an email just now that confirms these shows are happening. I personally still don’t think it will.

Anybody got extra tickets for this?

On 3/28/2021 at 8:48 PM, Scraps said:

Flying to Chicago to see Stapleton/Highwomen/Dirty Knobs at Wrigley July 17th

womp womp....guess i will just have to go to all 3 baseball games now instead of 2 lol 

Dear valued Chris Stapleton ticket buyer,

The Chris Stapleton show at Wrigley Field scheduled for Saturday, July 17, 2021, has been rescheduled for Saturday, July 23, 2022. Since you purchased tickets from Cubs.com, your Chris Stapleton ticket(s) is valid for the Saturday, July 23, 2022 show at Wrigley Field. If you would like to request a refund, please complete this form by Wednesday, June 16, 2021 (within 30 days of this announcement).

so i splurged...got the Glass Animal tickets!! 
last concert i attended was Tool in January 2020...had Sturgill Simpson tickets for last spring that didn't pan out but got a full refund, figured it was a fair trade. 
excited to see the venue, hope it's awesome and one of those 'there's no bad seat' type places. mid-September is risky heat-wise, but i've been to two September concerts at COTA that were absolutely perfect weather, so fingers-crossed!
ETA: so my niece will go to the Irving show (she's at UNT)...and those tickets are 1) not sold out at all, and 2) cheap as shit by comparison  wtf Austin, all bougie lol 
Was the refunded Sturgill tix for a ticket master event?

27 minutes ago, Ten Bears said:

Was the refunded Sturgill tix for a ticket master event?

it think it was originally, but i bought through Ticket Center...which tried to tell me instead of a refund they would give me 'credit' for any show in the next 18 months! this was in like May 2020 lol...yeah, no, i don't want credit, gimme my money. 

my saga is on here somewhere, but basically they didn't give me a refund until i contacted the BBB and filed a complaint...and that shit actually worked b/c i had my money back within 72 hours after emailing with them for almost 2 months! :)

• Hook 'Em 1