Concerts you are attending

bamachine

What’s the entry scene like at Stubbs these days? Scoot Inn was a shit show a couple weeks back with a massive hour long line. Emos was great the other night. Just wondering how early I need to get there for the sold out Idles show tomorrow night. 

I saw the sold out Black Pumas show a few months back and venue was easy. Zero line to get in and short beer lines.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Idles show at Stubbs was pretty fucking epic. Non stop action. Been a long while since I sweated that much. Easy in and out despite it being a sold out show. Stubbs has never been one of my favorite venues but we found a sweet spot tonight and it worked well (despite the poor girl who showed up randomly to spray a shower of puke all over the walkway behind us before moving on).

C36B853E-D515-48CB-9E74-35126ED4BA71.jpeg

EF1DE633-3587-4F5A-ABA4-E60AC0DECEEB.jpeg

3444F5DB-AD9E-4B11-86D8-58CDE9D248EF.jpeg

BC1BE5DD-D535-4CAE-8BA0-436D64295639.jpeg

8056224D-66C8-4F38-A9DC-9E526556F746.jpeg

3BB7C582-66BE-47FD-A40E-BDFF20750E7D.jpeg

E6521FD1-0729-495E-BC5F-702489374651.jpeg

Edited by MidTexHorn
Error

On 10/24/2021 at 8:43 AM, RamjetFDO said:

Styx at Nutty Brown last night were fantastic. They played about 4-5 songs from their new album with the rest from their extensive "greatest hits". Encore was "Mr. Roboto" and "Renegade".

9918a6a39e4878409e7e19a2fcadf8da.jpg

If I have half of the energy of the 68-year-old Tommy Shaw, I'll count myself lucky.

fc1b556e69668559081b21549e05b962.jpg

I had tickets and was supposed to go back in May.  When they rescheduled, they moved it onto F1 weekend so I couldn't make it. Gave my tix away to friends and they had a great time.  I was sorry enough to miss Styx, but I'm also a big fan of Monte Montgomery and haven't heard him play in several years.  And then of course, it was pretty much my last chance to see a show at this incarnation of the Nutty Brown.  It was just unfortunate timing. 

Everyone’s favorite grannies…

THE ROLLING STONES are coming to the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Texas, USA, tomorrow night, November 2nd.

There a bazillion tickets available all over the stadium through the various scalper websites. Scalpers are going to an absolute bath on this show with Charlie Watts passing, reviews being mediocre from longtime Stones followers, and this forecast.

E162A3B5-7B4B-4332-B7B8-DA0AED101E7E.jpeg

On 11/1/2021 at 10:50 AM, Napoleon said:

THE ROLLING STONES are coming to the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Texas, USA, tomorrow night, November 2nd.

There a bazillion tickets available all over the stadium through the various scalper websites. Scalpers are going to an absolute bath on this show with Charlie Watts passing, reviews being mediocre from longtime Stones followers, and this forecast.

their show pre Covid at NRG was damn great. Blew me away 

• Hook 'Em 1

Mick up to his usual visiting places around town unannounced.   Went to the African American Museum a few minutes after close yesterday and got a private tour.  Gave the staff and a few artists VIP tix to the show.   Dude is just living the retirement/Rock n roll dream.  I applaud him for it 

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Mick up to his usual visiting places around town unannounced.   Went to the African American Museum a few minutes after close yesterday and got a private tour.  Gave the staff and a few artists VIP tix to the show.   Dude is just living the retirement/Rock n roll dream.  I applaud him for it 

Also heard he was walking around Bishop Arts and sampling food and be a at local spots, and once again, no one noticed.   Lol.  Fucking shitbag hipsters don’t recognize Mick Fucking Jagger.  

14 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Also heard he was walking around Bishop Arts and sampling food and be a at local spots, and once again, no one noticed.   Lol.  Fucking shitbag hipsters don’t recognize Mick Fucking Jagger.  

Or people are nice enough to leave him alone. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I probably wouldn’t recognize him even if he came up to my door selling Amway or Herbalife products.  

On 11/3/2021 at 1:34 PM, tx 3 putt said:

their show pre Covid at NRG was damn great. Blew me away 

I went to that show as well. Mick was awesome and Gimme Shelter version tore the house down.  the sound was actually pretty decent for big indoor stadium.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/1/2021 at 10:50 AM, Napoleon said:

I drove up for it.  got a cheap floor GA ticket and worked my way up to 10th row.  It was 50 but the rain wasn't really a problem.  it slowed to a spit right before the show started.  Keith's guitar was out of tune for PIB and Mick fucked up coming in at the right time at the end of Rambler but the rest of the show was great. Keith is just noodling at this point, but he was never a guitar whiz, just wrote great licks. Mick is unbelievable to watch at 78.  Ronnie still can bring it pretty good.    Sound was great in the cotton bowl.  way fucking better than the shit Jerry World.  so glad they didn't play that place again.

was weird without Charlie but this might be the last round up for these guys so I'm gonna see them every chance I get.  Its a pleasure to get to see them.  was kind of full circle for me since the first time I saw them was Cotton Bowl in 1989(and 94).  took a Stones virgin(but huge rock fan) to see them at NRG.  He was blown away.

19th nervous breakdown was good as was heartbreaker.

hoping for good weather in Austin on the 20th.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

I drove up for it.  got a cheap floor GA ticket and worked my way up to 10th row.  It was 50 but the rain wasn't really a problem.  it slowed to a spit right before the show started.  Keith's guitar was out of tune for PIB and Mick fucked up coming in at the right time at the end of Rambler but the rest of the show was great. Keith is just noodling at this point, but he was never a guitar whiz, just wrote great licks. Mick is unbelievable to watch at 78.  Ronnie still can bring it pretty good.    Sound was great in the cotton bowl.  way fucking better than the shit Jerry World.  so glad they didn't play that place again.

was weird without Charlie but this might be the last round up for these guys so I'm gonna see them every chance I get.  Its a pleasure to get to see them.  was kind of full circle for me since the first time I saw them was Cotton Bowl in 1989(and 94).  took a Stones virgin(but huge rock fan) to see them at NRG.  He was blown away.

19th nervous breakdown was good as was heartbreaker.

hoping for good weather in Austin on the 20th.

I’m still buzzing over how surprisingly fun the night was. 

How much did you get your floor ticket for?

(The bad weather made for an amazing buyers’ market.)

VIDEO BELOW THAT MAY NOT HAVE A THUMBNAIL… v

Edited by Napoleon

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

IMG_2960.MOV 61.76 MB · 0 downloads

60.00 + a beer.  It was a Rear GA.  face was like 150.00.  I was standing by Will Call and a guy had an extra about 20 min before they went on. got lucky as I was about to buy a regular price Rear GA.  whenever they play stadiums I always get the rear GA and just walk past the floor "security".

I tried to get in the pit but got denied.  you can also check ticketmaster right before the show to see floor seats that are unsold.

way better than paying the 450.00 they want for a floor seat.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

IMG_2960.MOV 61.76 MB · 0 downloads

good video.    I really really want to see them at the hard rock in florida.  seeing them in a small venue like that would be once in a lifetime but the tix are just too expensive and to be honest it just isn't quite the same without Charlie.