Concerts you are attending

bamachine

Doom Side of the Moon at Emo's last night was amazeballs.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/events/music/doom-side-of-the-moon-bridge-farmers-2369162/

I had no idea what I was in for.  They handed out 3-D glasses and put on a hell of a show.   One of the best things I have seen/heard in ages.  If they do it again in the near future, go.  

4 hours ago, Foggy Notion said:

Just got tickets to see Spiritualized at Emo's on March 25. This is my favorite band and my favorite live show on the planet. The next few months are going to be a long wait. 

i see there is GA standing and GA seated, at emo's, that's strange. will definitely be there, have seen them multiple times and it's always great. 

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

I saw them way back in the day at Liberty Lunch.  It was a great show.  Acetone opened.  Had no idea they were still touring.

That Liberty Lunch show was the first time I ever saw them. I've seen them on every American tour they've had since then and at a few festivals. The only other band I think I've seen more times than Spiritualized is Brian Jonestown Massacre. Spiritualized has delivered every time. Jason Pierce has hinted that this could be their last album and tour.

1 hour ago, stc said:

i see there is GA standing and GA seated, at emo's, that's strange. will definitely be there, have seen them multiple times and it's always great. 

I went with GA standing cuz I couldn't find any info online on Emo's seating while my tickets were in my cart. Wouldn't mind sitting up close, but I wish the seats were reserved instead of first come, first served. I rarely make it to shows early.

11 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

There’s like two rows of bench seating against the far walls at Emo’s. Are they up selling that?

i did notice last Friday that they moved those bleachers from the back wall up to the wall on the right of the stage. 

i saw spiritualized at the parish around 2002-2003, and they were playing an in store at waterloo the following day. i got the time wrong and showed up like an hour after they played. jason pierce was sitting by himself behind that little counter by all the dvd's just kind of staring into space. i talked to him for about 10 minutes about their show the previous night and about music in general, he was very nice and seemed like a down to earth guy. 

1 hour ago, BurdineBandit said:

What'd you think?

I thought every damn guitar solo was incredible. And damn near every song had a solo.

posted my thoughts in the live musical performance review thread. overall i enjoyed it but thought it was a little boring at times.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:36 PM, Foggy Notion said:

Just got tickets to see Spiritualized at Emo's on March 25. This is my favorite band and my favorite live show on the planet. The next few months are going to be a long wait. 

On 12/5/2018 at 9:14 PM, Chad Fuck said:

I saw them way back in the day at Liberty Lunch.  It was a great show.  Acetone opened.  Had no idea they were still touring.

Saw them open for Radiohead at the Aerial Theater (now Revention) in Houston 20 years ago. Pretty good little show

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

you poor thing.  you have to see an absolute legend on his final tour?

Not that unhappy about it but I don’t care for most of his songs after 1980 or so when he did all those ballads.  It’s better than the Queen concert I have to take her to in Houston this summer.  Once again, I like Queen and Adam Lambert was decent when we saw them a few tours ago but not a show I am dying to see again.

On 12/12/2018 at 11:34 AM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Wife is making me take her to Elton John in Dallas this weekend.  Any idea if the upper deck seats suck at the AAC for a concert?  I am close to the stage but on the side slightly in front.

Had simialr seats for Billy Joel many years back, they more more side/behind stage, thought they were decent.  Since I had seen him many times, caught myself paying more attention to the happenings backstage than anything when I wasn’t getting up for others and their numerous beer/bathroom runs(another rant/another time). 

Elton will be in my neck of the woods in March, thinking of pulling the trigger to see him, fantastic show. 

Edited by Underdog

I saw Brian Wilson at the Majestic on Friday doing The Beach Boys Christmas Album in its entirety and then other BB hits.

First, it’s the same band that did the 50th Ann release of Pet Sounds tour a couple years back and they are absolutely marvelous. They really bring those songs off the record and into the live format well.

Brian...damn. That last tour he played/sang in 75% of the songs. This show maybe 25%. Maybe he’s had another stroke or something. He just wasn’t there. It was a bit sad as he was almost a prop at the Brian Wilson Tribute show. Oh yeah Al Jardin and Blondie Chapman were there as well. Blondie looks so out of place. Like he wondered in off the street.

A show of contradictions for sure.

On 12/13/2018 at 11:58 AM, BigDHornfan said:

Toadies on 12/30 at Billy Bob's for the 6th straight year.  Always a great show.

Seeing them tonight in Houston at White Oak Music Hall.  Seen them about 10 times, but I've never been to that venue.  Their shows are a blast. Rubberbeck tunes still stir the crowd up

5 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

ive got a plane ticket i have to use by 2/17.  anyone good on tour right now that i should take a quick weekend trip to go see?

Here's what playing on the weekends here in Portland Oregon during that stretch.

Fri 1/18: Toro Y Moi @ Wonder Ballroom

Fri 1/18: Peter Murphy (w/ David J) @ Roseland Theater

Sat 1/19: Fruit Bats @ Revolution Hall

Sat 1/19: The Yawpers@ Doug Fir Lounge

Sat 1/19:  Cautious Clay @ Holocene

Fri 1/25: Orgone @ Aladdin Theater

Sat 1/26: The Knocks @ Wonder Ballroom

Fri 2/1: Interpol @ Keller Auditorium

Sat 2/2: Reverend Horton Heat @ Doug Fir Lounge

Edited by Nuge
  • Like 1