Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

40 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Yeah, Nancy's such a great leader that her team can't even get on the same page regarding the nomenclature they want to use.  

This isn't oopsy I used the wrong word once...this has been happening for a while and yet they still can't all use the same terminology.  That stinks of poor leadership.

I hate McConnell, but I respect his game.  That guy keeps his caucus in lock step hitting the same talking points.  That's what we want to see from Nancy.

Forget the impeachment part for a while...name a coordinated effort from the House Dems to rebuke anything Trump has done?  

Edit:

Aside from the rogue "Squad" that Nancy admonished for actually doing their jobs.

The government shutdown, the border, gun control.

Just to name a few.

Sucks about the Senate thing.

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The government shutdown, the border, gun control.

Just to name a few.

Sucks about the Senate thing.

I hope you're not talking about the time Pelosi caved on the border issue.  That's the one I remember.

I have no idea what she's done publicly about gun control other than say it's Mitch's fault when pressed for an answer.

13 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Is it?

It seems perfectly clear to me.

Do you work/live inside or near the beltway area?  If so, i think I see the problem.  Come to hang out with me in Draffenville, KY sometime and you'll see how the general population sees things.  I moved here temporarily from Austin about a year ago and it has opened my eyes...and not in a good way. 

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Do you work/live inside or near the beltway area?  If so, i think I see the problem.  Come to hang out with me in Draffenville, KY sometime and you'll see how the general population sees things.  I moved here temporarily from Austin about a year ago and it has opened my eyes...and not in a good way. 

Then you understand why Nancy Pelosi opposes impeaching the president from a political standpoint.

8 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I hope you're not talking about the time Pelosi caved on the border issue.  That's the one I remember.

I have no idea what she's done publicly about gun control other than say it's Mitch's fault when pressed for an answer.

She didn't cave. The vast majority of her caucus favored the amendment. Four vocal members did not. And that's OK.

As far as guns are concerned, the House has passed gun control legislation. It's sitting in the Senate.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Then you understand why Nancy Pelosi opposes impeaching the president from a political standpoint.

Huh?  Quit the opposite.  And, for the 1 millionth time, this is not about impeachment.  It's about being vocal and constantly applying pressure.  These folks are prime Dem voters (lots of union folk), but they don't think Trump has done anything wrong, because they say i"f he had, we'd have heard about it".

Make the GOP play defense.  That's all folks like Hugo and I want.

We're resigned to the unlikelihood that Trump would be removed via impeachment.  We're worried about the 2020 general.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

She didn't cave. The vast majority of her caucus favored the amendment. Four vocal members did not. And that's OK.

She fucking caved.  No deal would have been better than that POS.  Trump is winning every battle and it sucks.  I'm not even a fucking Democrat and it's pissing me off, because I can see the alternative and it sucks.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Healthcare, debt ceiling, border funding, the economy.

He's losing or has lost all of these battles.

Oh, and he's extremely unpopular, thus he's the underdog as an incumbent president. That's impressive when you think about it.

Won't be as impressive as Nancy ceding the election to him along with every other issue along the way, despite trump and the gop's failings. Really takes some skill to accomplish that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Healthcare, debt ceiling, border funding, the economy.

He's losing or has lost all of these battles.

Oh, and he's extremely unpopular, thus he's the underdog as an incumbent president. That's impressive when you think about it.

Huh?  How were any of those victories for the Dems?

The GOP has made the healthcare system worse, yet they still managed to successfully pin the blame on Obamacare.  That's a Dem victory?

Debt ceiling border funding...I'm assuming you're talking about Nancy saving Mitch's ass from any accountability by giving into all the GOP demands.  More winning by the Dems.

The economy?  Yeah, you and me know this economy (the Obama economy) is a house of cards waiting to fall, and the tax cuts went to the rich, never trickled down, and cost us billions, but Joe and Jill middle America who are too busy working for a living see the stock market going up, their jobs feel secure and they credit Trump.  You think folks in flyover country know/care anything about quantitative easing, or bond rate inversions? 

Oh, and by the way, the average time between a rate inversion and recession is 15 months...let's say the Dems beat Trump in 2020...who do you think will take the blame when the economy crashes?

Explain to me how that's a Dem victory?

She made that main quoted statement on June 11.  They're contrasting that with others' statements made 3 months later.  Things have progressed.  Yesterday, when the House resolution re impeachment investigations into Trump WH was passed, Nadler clearly pointed out that the nomenclature is irrelevant. 

Am I missing something ?  This frivolous stunt is no different than GOP dissembling with the intentional use of "collusion" vs "conspiracy" to confuse the public over legal ramifications.  But damn Pelosi for not putting out every fucking fire Trump's abettors light creating smoke to hide criminality.  There is no bottom to how astoundingly dishonest and corrupt the current GOP is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, triplehorn said:

Am I missing something ?  This frivolous stunt is no different than GOP dissembling with the intentional use of "collusion" vs "conspiracy" to confuse the public over legal ramifications.  But damn Pelosi for not putting out every fucking fire Trump's abettors light creating smoke to hide criminality.  There is no bottom to how astoundingly dishonest and corrupt the current GOP is.

You aren’t missing anything. This is what the GOP has been doing and will continue to do until they are removed from office. The new and weird thing is that some on the left have been hooked into their narratives.  

• Like 1

That from Nadler, above, is not being out of it.  He stated and re-stated his answers clearly.  The one point where he lights up ?  When he asserts they have enough time to get it done before the election.  I almost laughed.  Nadler, Pelosi et al are calmly sandbagging what they've already mapped out.  Media and pundits keep trying to unhinge them obsessing on nomenclature.  Nadler, and Pelosi in particular have been consistent from the start.  When they get the facts they'll bring impeachment.  Trump is obstructing the facts through lawsuits.  The outcomes of Trump's suits which he lost which are now under appeal have massive implications if he loses.  He's not obstructing because he's bored.  

Of the lawsuits Pelosi references in her presser above, the Deutsche Bank/Capital One suit at the appeals stage is the granddaddy.  It's the one really worth waiting for by the House because it goes so far beyond Trump.  Shining sunlight on it through impeachment of the President of the United States is a legitimate way to bring it to the forefront of global awareness and initiative.  And it has 9/11 scale implications for global response.

This guy gets it:

Edited by triplehorn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, triplehorn said:

@Hugo Stiglitz  This is an excellent thread that directly addresses several or your specific criticisms of Pelosi and the pace/path to impeachment :

I’ve read that thread and it’s wishful thinking bullshit.  She needs to go back to what Pelosi said before the midterms, after the midterms, and when she took over.  She moves the goalposts every time.  Mueller over delivered in his report and Pelosi got caught flat footed by the preemptive spin of Barr and Trump.  She decided not to fight and ignored the facts illustrating Trump as a clear and present national security threat to the country and also a full blown criminal.  

Pelosi’s game might win her some more seats and secure her power but she has no intention on doing or fighting for what is right, which is getting Trump removed.  She’s a coward and I will never forgive her. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Is it me or does this feel like deja vu?

I thought they'd already supoenaed them and were waiting for the courts to rule whether or not they had to turn them over.  Of course it's hard to keep track of all the various scandals.

US House getting Trump's NY State tax returns is in the courts right now.  Trump individually filed a lawsuit against NYAG, US House Ways and Means Committee, and NY State Taxation and Finance to block access to his NY tax and financial records

NYAG Tish James spoke about this the other week.  She speaks to the Trump lawsuit starting in minute 6' but the whole segment is good from the start:

Yes Nancy, I love my choices of plans that cost a ton and don’t cover shit.  

It’s also nice for the private sector to give me the choice of either going bankrupt paying medical bills or die.  

Thank you Nancy for protecting people’s freedom not to live, you feckless piece of shit. 

/rant

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

On 9/14/2019 at 12:28 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’ve read that thread and it’s wishful thinking bullshit.  She needs to go back to what Pelosi said before the midterms, after the midterms, and when she took over.  She moves the goalposts every time.  Mueller over delivered in his report and Pelosi got caught flat footed by the preemptive spin of Barr and Trump.  She decided not to fight and ignored the facts illustrating Trump as a clear and present national security threat to the country and also a full blown criminal.  

Pelosi’s game might win her some more seats and secure her power but she has no intention on doing or fighting for what is right, which is getting Trump removed.  She’s a coward and I will never forgive her. 

jesus christ you're a drama queen pussy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

jesus christ you're a drama queen pussy

Perhaps he is, but he's also right.

IMO doing nothing just emboldens the GOP, and normalizes / legitimizes their behavior in the minds of the average voter...i.e. the ones who don't post on political message boards 24/7.

But worse yet, the impeach, don't impeach sound bites give credence to the idea of a dysfunctional party.  Again, they can't get their message straight which is a sign of failed leadership.

I'll repeat it until I'm blue in the face, perception is reality.

Perhaps I'm missing the bigger picture, so what's the argument for continuing to play nice?  What's the upside?  Not pissing off the GOP?

7 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Perhaps he is, but he's also right.

IMO doing nothing just emboldens the GOP, and normalizes / legitimizes their behavior in the minds of the average voter...i.e. the ones who don't post on political message boards 24/7.

But worse yet, the impeach, don't impeach sound bites give credence to the idea of a dysfunctional party.  Again, they can't get their message straight which is a sign of failed leadership.

I'll repeat it until I'm blue in the face, perception is reality.

Perhaps I'm missing the bigger picture, so what's the argument for continuing to play nice?  What's the upside?  Not pissing off the GOP?

Your statement about perception resonates with me. They have a waffle house problem right now and I'm not talking breakfast. That line Gene Hackman says in Mississippi? "These people crawled out of the sewer, Mr. Ward; maybe that's where we ought to be." That may be from a movie, but that is the "marketing: strategy I would like to see them use. The GOP have lied to the American people, they have betrayed them in countless ways of treason, they have robbed them, they have used them for their own financial gain and we are here to call them to account.

The GOP has stacked the courts with their picks for all of my children's lifetimes. Get the Democratic factions pulled together and get serious.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Incredulity said:

“Criminal negligence”

jfc.

take a breath.

Oh, look, a Trump supporter weighing in.

Sorry, I don't know the legal term is for not uphold you constitutional duty.  If Trump's actions (take your pick, plenty of options) don't rise to the level of mpeachment, I don't know what would.

Yet, Nancy, who has sworn an oath to defend the Constitution, is sitting around watching Trump and his sycophants use it as toilet paper. 

Whatever the charge is for that, she needs to be arrested and frog marched to jail with the rest of them.  She's complicit in this and needs to pay the price.

It's sad that you don't love America enough to care that it's slipping from a constitutional democracy into a fascist, authoritarian...bordering on theocratic...regime.  

6 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Yeah, but it's really about politics.

Sure, except that it's not. 

You see everything as politics, it's all just a fun game for you. This has move far beyond politics for me.  I see this as a real threat to our democracy.  Certainly the biggest threat in my lifetime, so forgive me if I get pissed when those in power do nothing to stop it.

I'm getting close to deciding to vote for Trump in case they start using voting data to round up dissidents.  Which sounds ridiculous until you consider all the other things that used to sound ridiculous but are now normalized.

Ok, you can return to licking Nancy's ass now.

• Like 1