Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

That's very shocking.   I'm legitimately shocked.

The Republicans are running the risk of Trump spending his days trashing them on twitter.

The only explanation I can think of is that they know the most damaging information is already beyond their control and they can't effectively run cover any more, so it's time for everyone to begin shivving their conspirators to try to protect themselves. I'm gonna need to pick up some popcorn on the way home.

• Like 1

Just now, wildcat09 said:

The only explanation I can think of is that they know the most damaging information is already beyond their control and they can't effectively run cover any more, so it's time for everyone to begin shivving their conspirators to try to protect themselves. I'm gonna need to pick up some popcorn on the way home.

yeah, it may be that the republicans in the senate have decided to go all theater of pompey.

think about it politically, donald is massively damaging to the republican brand. if they can find a way to 2020 without him on the ticket, it's a massively different political landscape. all that matter to these guy is retention of power. if trump threatens that, then they will stab him right in the back, and mitch will be the first, leading with a smile.

giphy.gif

dude is a cold blooded motherfucker.

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

yeah, the only reason I don't give credence to Brisket's claim above (that this was a sleight-of-hand move by Senate R's to approve the resolution) is that the WB still wants to come forward. if there was nothing to this, I doubt very much they would want to be tied to a failed attempt to impeach a president 

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I wonder if this means she has the votes or if they're close enough to be able to whip the votes that aren't yet there.

Current count is 200.  

I’m liking the new and improved motivated Pelosi.

Not forgiven for mishandling Mueller but she’s on the road to redemption.  Proud of Pelosi today.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

37 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

So you're proud that she's finally doing her constitutional duty because she was pushed into a corner?

I think relief is the more appropriate emotion under the circumstances

Look man, Pelosi is still on my shit list but I’ll applaud this little victory while it lasts.  

It means she’s responsive to political pressure and activism.  Granted, she squandered six months getting walked all over but she’s taking a visible stand now.  It’s better than nothing. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Look man, Pelosi is still on my shit list but I’ll applaud this little victory while it lasts.  

It means she’s responsive to political pressure and activism.  Granted, she squandered six months getting walked all over but she’s taking a visible stand now.  It’s better than nothing. 

To be fair, I was all onboard the Pelosi is BadMF when she and Schumer played DOTARD into owning the shutdown. Then I changed my mind when the impeachment thing got delayed and delayed.

I could change back to the BadMF side depending on how this ultimately plays out.

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

We talk a lot of shit about Dotard’s speaking ability but Nancy ain’t much better. 

Agreed.  She's 79 years old. and she can barely speak.  She needs to be playing Qwirkle in Sandy Pines Retirement Center not defending the free world.

12 hours ago, David Dennison said:

It's not a duty. It's a power. The House is never under any obligation to impeach a president.

Really? 

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God

Sounds like a duty to me.  Impeachment is just a tool.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hey, did you know impeachment will never make it through the Senate?

Shhhhh... I can only get so triggered.  Pelosi and the Dems are totally on team trump and completely OK with all of his illegal actions. That’s what we need to be pushing! We definitely aren’t dividing the left, suppressing Dem vote in 2020, while knowing that the only way trump’s leaves office is through the 2020 election! That damn Pelosi!!!?!

Edited by GW Hayduke

I think it’s the right move to go hard AF to the paint on this.  You can’t let it drag out and lose the public’s focus like with Mueller.  

This is really clear cut.  

Also, this doesn’t have to do with Hillary (who is polarizing) but you can see Trump trying to drag her into it to muddy the waters.

FOCUSNESS PELOSI 

(she will probably fuck it up)

• Like 1

The basic assumption has to be that the Senate will never remove, so the point of impeaching is using the process of impeachment to explain to as many Americans as possible the full scope of Trump's corruption and criminality and the GOP's support for it.  Focusing on just this Ukraine issue gives the rest of the GOP a pass.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The basic assumption has to be that the Senate will never remove, so the point of impeaching is using the process of impeachment to explain to as many Americans as possible the full scope of Trump's corruption and criminality and the GOP's support for it.  Focusing on just this Ukraine issue gives the rest of the GOP a pass.

AGREE.  

In all honestly, I feel like the Mueller report was a better thing to go after him on, politically.  Because of Biden's involvement, this seems way more partisan.  At least with Mueller it was us vs the Russians.

This is Ds vs Rs with Ukraine as a middle man.