Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

It’s pretty ironic that D’s that support Pelosi are also the ones who sanctimoniously bitch about corruption of money in politics, when the only reason Pelosi is in leadership, despite her terrible approval numbers, is her proficiency at fundraising.  

It’s pretty ironic that the R’s that support Trump are also the ones who sanctimoniously bitch about corruption... care to compare Pelosi to Trump and  his cabinet?  Weird you frauds are all abisent on the Scott Pruitt thread....

I have a personal/professional hatred of the woman (yes Hugo, I had to deal with her).  She's an unapologetic egomaniac who is crass and underhanded that, yes, gets stuff done by everything short of criminal activity.

Worse yet, her sledge hammer approach is amped up for the benefit of far left agenda items that are out of touch with moderate Americans.

I miss the days of Tip O'Neill, there was a liberal Speaker who put America ahead of Liberal agendas (and got a LOT more done than Pelosi has).

Pelosi_O'Neill.jpg

I wonder what he's looking at?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grippe said:

I have a personal/professional hatred of the woman (yes Hugo, I had to deal with her).  She's an unapologetic egomaniac who is crass and underhanded that, yes, gets stuff done by everything short of criminal activity.

Worse yet, her sledge hammer approach is amped up for the benefit of far left agenda items that are out of touch with moderate Americans.

I miss the days of Tip O'Neill, there was a liberal Speaker who put America ahead of Liberal agendas (and got a LOT more done than Pelosi has).

Pelosi_O'Neill.jpg

Like what?

7 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

And yet they elected an immoral arrogant rich New Yorker as their flagbearer. Sidled right up to that city slicker and sucked his dick. Someone who actually represents every thing they claim to hate about NY. Born rich.  Doesnt give a shit about the heartland. Doesnt know what it's like to earn an honest paycheck. 

You got it wrong.They love NY because they wish they could be a sideshow huckster like Trump.  They hate Dems because they aren't arrogant about being rich and they support programs for the needy. You see, Joe Bob doesnt know he's poor. He thinks he is a millionaire that hasn't happened yet.

So much this.  And the way that happens in their minds is one of those uber rich .1%ers recognizes their undying support and rewards them with a 6 figure job maintaining one of their golf courses.   It's like the Brown Shirts and Hitler.  Blind support leads to cush government jobs.   They forget (or never read) about The Night of the Long Knives. 

I let my recent disdain for Pelosi cloud my judgement. She certainly has accomplished a lot during her tenure, and "ineffective" is not an accurate reflection of her record. But the dems need to promote young, visionary leaders. Pelosi's time has passed.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tom said:

This is true.  The heartland hates successful cities, which is in part why the heartland is poor and miserable.  Nancy Pelosi actually fights for things that would make life better for those in the heartland, but she's an old liberal woman with a D next to her name from a liberal city, so screw her, amirite?  

I understand why heartland America would rather vote for Republicans who, even though they sell them out to the 1% on every issue, at least they appear more like someone they'd rather have a beer with.   'Murica!

Yeah, no she doesn't, and when exactly did you have your lobotomy....

2 hours ago, Grippe said:

Pelosi_O'Neill.jpg

So you're saying she's not as good as the most effective SOH in U.S. History?   

Whatever. 

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Who would be a better Speaker than Pelosi?

Adam Schiff? Ted Leui? Eric Swalwell? Beto? 

While these are good face guys, I doubt they could be as effective administrators as Aunt Nancy.

But if they were as effective, they would be called strong hardnosed men and respected instead of being called mean bitchy cunts.  Most of the complaints about Pelosi are because she is a woman. Any effective female leader is going to get the same treatment from the misogynists around here. 

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

But if they were as effective, they would be called strong hardnosed men and respected instead of being called mean bitchy cunts.  Most of the complaints about Pelosi are because she is a woman. Any effective female leader is going to get the same treatment from the misogynists around here. 

I guess this is a No Shit Sherlock moment, but I can't think of a single, strong and effective woman in the history of the GOP. As of 2016, Newsmax was still touting Sarah Palin as the most influential woman in the Republican party. When you hold that out as the goal, your party has a misogyny problem. 

Nikki Haley and Condi come the closest, I think. 

She needs to step aside and let someone young and charismatic take the lead. She can stay bulldog behind the scenes, because she is good at it. She's just too stigmatized to continue as one of the major faces of the Democratic party. Chuck too. 

It's time for the Dems to try some roster switches and see what they have on the bench. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m still waiting for legit criticism of Aunt Nancy other than everyone hates her.

People get voted in and out of office based on like/hate.  So everyone hating someone is legit criticism.  No other legit criticism needed.  She’s gonna drag the party down.  

I’m still waiting for legit criticism of Aunt Nancy other than everyone hates her.

And this is why Surly Politics board sucks. Hugo posts more than any one else and he's retarded.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If she wants a bigger  paycheck, then take on more responsibility. Produce more...  Stop fucking whining like someone magically owes an employee more. 

7 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Republicans attack Nancy Pelosi because she's really good at her job.

wrong

starting to see more and more stickers out here with her picture on it saying "time to put Nana in a home",  funny seeing how I'm in northern California 

49 minutes ago, slorch said:

If she wants a bigger  paycheck, then take on more responsibility. Produce more...  Stop fucking whining like someone magically owes an employee more. 

If she wanted a bigger paycheck, she could have already gone private to be a lobbyist.  She might well be an elitist, bitch, snob or whatever, but she is fighting for the rights of the working man here.   I doubt she is after magical, but more like fair treatment for employees.  No, wait, wrong term....Associates. 

8 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I let my recent disdain for Pelosi cloud my judgement. She certainly has accomplished a lot during her tenure, and "ineffective" is not an accurate reflection of her record. But the dems need to promote young, visionary leaders. Pelosi's time has passed.

I bet she attends football games in person...

Instead of going to werewolf movies.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

If she wanted a bigger paycheck, she could have already gone private to be a lobbyist.  She might well be an elitist, bitch, snob or whatever, but she is fighting for the rights of the working man here.   I doubt she is after magical, but more like fair treatment for employees.  No, wait, wrong term....Associates. 

Employees are treated fairly with regard to pay.

If they are unhappy with the pay, they are absolutely free to improve their situation.

Let the market sort it out, not the gov't.  The employee owns their pay too.  They are not just a sailboat at the whims of the breeze.

#victimmentality4life

Edited by slorch

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

Employees are treated fairly with regard to pay.

If they are unhappy with the pay, they are absolutely free to improve their situation.

Let the market sort it out, not the gov't.  The employee owns their pay too.  They are not just a sailboat at the whims of the breeze.

#victimmentality4life

This is hilariously dumb.

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This is how it works in real life...outside of the classroom.

I know that's foreign to you, but whatever...

If you want to make more money, change your station in life.  Don't sit there demanding your employer to pay you more for the same job.

i could divulge real life examples, but y'all don't like that shit.

just stick to our talking points, Slorch...

Edited by slorch

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

This is how it works in real life...outside of the classroom.

I know that's foreign to you, but whatever...

If you want to make more money, change your station in life.  Don't sit there demanding your employer to pay you more for the same job.

i could divulge real life examples, but y'all don't like that shit.

just stick to our talking points, Slorch...

No, what you are describing is academic. The real world is much different.

26 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

No, what you are describing is academic. The real world is much different.

really?

explain...

It's been my experience that businesses pay those who produce more a higher wage.

Those who are content with their current role get paid roughly the same with some slight increases.

Those who take on more responsibility/ improve their skill sets tend to  earn significant raises.

What does your flow chart say?

Edited by slorch

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

really?

explain...

It's been my experience that businesses pay those who produce more a higher wage.

Those who are content with their current role get paid roughly the same with some slight increases.

Those who take on more responsibility/ improve their skill sets tend to  earn significant raises.

That's pretty much how it works but you forgot to mention self-marketing, that is pretty important.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

According to a study by the American Association of University Women the pay gap is largely a result of:

1. The differences in college majors between men and women
  2. The types of careers they choose.  Women are way over represented in the fields like teaching, and non-profit; while men tend to choose things like finance, and engineering.
  3. Having a family.

In addition, a study by the Harvard Business School, found that women underestimate their abilities, and thus undervalue themselves.

It's not some nefarious collusion by business leaders that needs government intervention.  It's econ 101.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

really?

explain...

Oh well, if it's your experience it must be like that for everyone.

Donald Trump is president in part because the way you think the labor market should work is not at all in line with reality.

5 hours ago, Facemask said:

And this is why Surly Politics board sucks. Hugo posts more than any one else and he's retarded.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

And on cue, like Squiggy on Laverne and Shirley, slorch enters the scene and says "Hello!"

5 hours ago, Smax said:

wrong

starting to see more and more stickers out here with her picture on it saying "time to put Nana in a home",  funny seeing how I'm in northern California 

Time to put a fresh face on state control of everything. It hasn't really been tried yet after all......

20 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I like how the GOP bags on Pelosi but had Dennis Hastert as Speaker.  He served time in prison for being a child molester and was taking money from the Turks while Speaker.

But Nancy Pelosi is from San Francisco.....

Its her policies for me, we are on opposite ends of the spectrum, I disagree with 99% of everything she says

Wait you mean the people running the show in dc are crooks, nooooo, please tell us you think those on the left are boy/girl scouts with nothing but pure intentions

Has nothing to do with where she from but since you brought it up have you been to SF recently? Beautiful city on the verge of being over run by homeless and drug addicts. Downtown business owners complaining about urine and shit on their storefronts, city is doing nothing about it. Open heroin usage at the Bart stations and used needles being left out for anyone to find, its disgusting.

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And on cue, like Squiggy on Laverne and Shirley, slorch enters the scene and says "Hello!"

I'm sorry.  I missed the "private" notification on the thread.

My posts are relevant to the conversation, even if you might find them threatening( different from your POV.)

8 hours ago, Smax said:

Its her policies for me, we are on opposite ends of the spectrum, I disagree with 99% of everything she says

Wait you mean the people running the show in dc are crooks, nooooo, please tell us you think those on the left are boy/girl scouts with nothing but pure intentions

Has nothing to do with where she from but since you brought it up have you been to SF recently? Beautiful city on the verge of being over run by homeless and drug addicts. Downtown business owners complaining about urine and shit on their storefronts, city is doing nothing about it. Open heroin usage at the Bart stations and used needles being left out for anyone to find, its disgusting.

What policies in particular?  

As for SF, it's one of the great economic regions of the world so there's that.  Not sure what Nancy Pelosi has to do with civic policy in the city, though.

11 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Oh well, if it's your experience it must be like that for everyone.

Donald Trump is president in part because the way you think the labor market should work is not at all in line with reality.

So in your estimation, how might pay increases occur?

I'm speaking across one's lifetime, not limited to entry level pay.  If you older than about 22 or so, you shouldn't be making entry level pay at ANY job for more than about 5 minutes.

You think it is at the gov't's behest or interaction?  Mandates on employers?

Edited by slorch

I think the Dems need a fresh face. Pelosi has had the reins long enough and it's time for a new leader. The Dem public perception is stale and needs a new face to energize the party and refocus the message. The problem is they really don't have anyone staged to make the move. Maybe Franken could make a run at Ellison's seat and attempt a comeback.

11 minutes ago, RPM said:

I think the Dems need a fresh face. Pelosi has had the reins long enough and it's time for a new leader. The Dem public perception is stale and needs a new face to energize the party and refocus the message. The problem is they really don't have anyone staged to make the move. Maybe Franken could make a run at Ellison's seat and attempt a comeback.

Former senators do not run for house seats. That's a huge step down. Hell, senators don't even like being interviewed on TV with representatives.

Edited by David Dennison

36 minutes ago, slorch said:

So in your estimation, how might pay increases occur?

I'm speaking across one's lifetime, not limited to entry level pay.  If you older than about 22 or so, you shouldn't be making entry level pay at ANY job for more than about 5 minutes.

You think it is at the gov't's behest or interaction?  Mandates on employers?

I was addressing your notion that it's easy to get another job if you don't like your present situation or pay. That is make believe for most Americans.

25 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Former senators do not run for house seats. That's a huge step down. Hell, senators don't even like being interviewed on TV with representatives.

True, but if Franken was to make a comeback that would be a conceivable route. It's not going to happen, but it's possible.

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

What policies in particular?  

As for SF, it's one of the great economic regions of the world so there's that.  Not sure what Nancy Pelosi has to do with civic policy in the city, though.

healthcare, immigration, taxes to start. She believes the government is the answer to all of our problems, I believe they are the cause of many of them, I know its hard for some on the left to grasp that roughly half the country disagrees with their policies, but they do. So stop throwing our the racists, misogynistic claims when someone disagrees with you

• Like 1