Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

As many qualms as I may have about her, watching McCarthy hand her the gavel is going to be one of the great joys of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if Pence and Trump go out together early due to indictment (hey - nobody said you can't indict a sitting Veep), with proper timing Pelosi can be the First Woman POTUS.  

I'll look forward to Epi and Swam posts then. So much win.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

And if Pence and Trump go out together early due to indictment (hey - nobody said you can't indict a sitting Veep), with proper timing Pelosi can be the First Woman POTUS.  

I'll look forward to Epi and Swam posts then. So much win.

If that somehow happened, I would be away from Surly for a few weeks while dining on the misery spewing forth from TexAgs, Free Republic, SEC Rant, /r/The_Donald, etc. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I understand why progressives are opposed to PAYGO, but it can easily be waived when necessary. It's not really a big deal. It's mainly for show.

The problem is that "when necessary" will be determined by House leadership.  It also creates more pressure on Dems in swing districts to avoid voting for progressive legislation because votes to waive the paygo rule can be used against them in future attack ads.  

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

The problem is that "when necessary" will be determined by House leadership.  It also creates more pressure on Dems in swing districts to avoid voting for progressive legislation because votes to waive the paygo rule can be used against them in future attack ads.  

Hopefully AOC and Khanna will introduce legislation to get rid of the paygo law and not worry so much about a symbolic rule.

2 hours ago, yoladu said:

Doesn't President Trump have investigators there?

You won't believe what they are finding!

Imma need to see Hawaii's long form birth certificate before I believe it's American.