Summer Cocktails

Stringer

10 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

I use mezcal but ranch Waters are awesome

Ranch Water is the answer. Zepol and Johnny Sack are correct. I would also add Ramos Gin Fizz, but most people dont wanna go through the trouble or dont know what it is

I am a fiend for margaritas and mojitos tho. Although I also dont think 2 ingredient drinks should be considered “cocktails”

Edited by GreenspointTexas

2 hours ago, Grippe said:

Captain and Ginger Ale over ice, thank you.

This was basically our go to for afternoons in the pool. Used pyrat instead of a spiced rum - and may drop in some lime or mint if it's around.  

Just a lighter version of a Dark and Stormy.  In the middle of a particularly good afternoon we renamed them Partly Cloudies. 

Fucking amateurs. Throw a party and make a giant punch bowl full of Skip and Go Nekkid, have wife/girlfriend invite many wives/girlfriends over. A couple gallons of lemonade, a sixer of pilsner, a liter of vodka or everclear (if you have the balls), throw in a little gin, mix all together and you’ve got yourself a party. Do not let anyone drive home. 

5 hours ago, Grippe said:

Captain and Ginger Ale over ice, thank you.

no don't use a teenager's "rum"

Good mixer dark rum ( I like Gosling's), small wedge of lime, lots of cracked ice, diet ginger beer (I like Barritt's)

if you want to watch the world burn use white over-proof Wray &Nephew 

11 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Deep Eddy Lemon. Long pours. Ice. Splash of soda. Float the river. 

Yep.  We add some lemonade to it too.  Makes for a nice crisp, refreshing summer drink.

I also drink Tito's and lemonade or limeade in the summer.

Ranch Water is the answer. Zepol and Johnny Sack are correct. I would also add Ramos Gin Fizz, but most people dont wanna go through the trouble or dont know what it is

I am a fiend for margaritas and mojitos tho. Although I also dont think 2 ingredient drinks should be considered “cocktails”
What margaritas and mojitos are you making with just 2 ingredients???

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

On 6/9/2018 at 9:33 AM, Redneck Mutha said:

Caipirinha is a good and easy one, too.  Lime, muddled with simple syrup, fill glass with ice, fill with Cachaca, stir.

Caipirinhas are fantastic, and also on several of my fabeorite Bourdain episodes.  

My go go to drink during the heat are caipirinhas, or gin with muddled lemon and topped with Topo/Peligrino/Perrier.   Super simple and damned refreshing.  

Gin Buck: Cut a lemon into quarters; squeeze one of these into a highball glass, then drop the squeezed lemon quarter into the glass.  Add jigger of gin (I find Gordon's works best).  Drop in 4 or more ice cubes and top off with Canada Dry ginger ale.  Extremely refreshing--the combination of bitter gin, acidic lemon, and the slight sweetness of the ginger ale is synergistic.

Tanqueray makes a better martini, but it's cousin Gordon's is better here.

It is mentioned in my drink book The Fine Art of Mixing Drinks and was ordered in a speakeasy in the Cagney/Bogart film "The Roaring Twenties."

1 hour ago, idahorn said:

Tanqueray makes a better martini, but it's cousin Gordon's is better here.

I'm a Beefeater 24 man. Sometimes ya gotta use regular Beefeaters, sometime ya gotta use Gordon's.  

Try Death's Door London dry gin. Very versatile. Distillate: red winter wheat, corn, malted barley. Botanicals: coriander, fennel seeds, wild juniper from Washington Island. That's how it gets the kind of dramatically dumb Death's Door name. Washington Island is off the Door County (they leave off the death part to encourage tourism) peninsula in the Porte des Mortes (Door of the Dead). Many French ships sank in the strait sailing to Baie Verte (Green Bay).

Not a big fan of ice in my drink. I prefer straight up martinis. If it's a warm afternoon I will make the trip to Sonic or buy a block of ice at the liquor store and chop into large chunks. Have not graduated to Japanese bartender level.

Fucking amateurs. Throw a party and make a giant punch bowl full of Skip and Go Nekkid, have wife/girlfriend invite many wives/girlfriends over. A couple gallons of lemonade, a sixer of pilsner, a liter of vodka or everclear (if you have the balls), throw in a little gin, mix all together and you’ve got yourself a party. Do not let anyone drive home. 

Rum Swizzles are equally dangerous.

Prepare a 50/50 mix of gold and dark rum, and a 50/50 mix of orange and pineapple juice.

Mix two parts juice to one part rum.

Add a little grenadine for color and a few dashes angostura bitters to taste.

Delicious and will get you shitfaced in a hurry.
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Elixer. One part vodka, one part Rain cucumber vodka, 1/2 part Braggs apple cider vinegar with the mother, 4 parts water and ice.  Braggs is good for the joints ect.

Sounds like crap, but give a few a try.