Summer Cocktails

Stringer

I'm on a huge paloma kick currently and on a mission to get the rest of the world on the same.

1 part ruby red grapefruit juice

1 part tequila

1/2 part simple syrup

1/2 part lime juice

Mix those up and then when ready to serve, serve over ice and then top with however much Tapo Chico you prefer.

So freaking refreshing, easy way to get drunk.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, Johnny Sack said:

Ranch waters. Republic lime juice. Tequila. Topo.  Salt and a lime slice. 

I've been doing these for the last week.

I go with two shots of tequila, 1 shot of orange liqueur, 2 shots of lime juice, and a cup of Topo.

I'm on a huge paloma kick currently and on a mission to get the rest of the world on the same.
1 part ruby red grapefruit juice
1 part tequila
1/2 part simple syrup
1/2 part lime juice
Mix those up and then when ready to serve, serve over ice and then top with however much Tapo Chico you prefer.

So freaking refreshing, easy way to get drunk.

That’s not a Paloma.
  • Like 1

A paloma is great for the summer, as is a negroni.

One drink that I think gets overlooked in general, but especially as a summer cocktail, is a nice Tom Collins - they're incredibly refreshing.

1.5 oz gin
1 oz simple syrup (or see lazy method below)
3/4 oz lemon juice

Combine, then pour over ice and top with a couple ounces of sparkling water. You can fancy it up with a cherry (a nice one, not the fluorescent red shit) and citrus peel.

If you're too lazy to make a batch of simple syrup to keep in the fridge, just add 1/2 oz water and 1/2 oz sugar, then shake before pouring over the ice.

18 hours ago, SurlyORama said:

A Whiskey Rebellion is nice when it's warm:

1 ounce of Pimm’s #1, 1 ounce of rye, ¾ ounce of freshly squeezed lemon juice and ¾ ounce of simple syrup. Shake with ice, pour into glass over ice. 

Add some everclear to that and i migjt actually get drunk on it.

14 hours ago, Spur08 said:
19 hours ago, Gil Bang said:
Bottle of stoli.  Dump out 3 ounces.  Fill bottle with lime juice.  Store in freezer.  Ready when needed. 

What. An. Idiot. Dump out good booze? What is wrong with you heathen!?

I don't dump it out the window.  I dump it into a glass.

On 8/7/2018 at 8:00 AM, HenryJames said:

71eapn5WN0L._SY679_.jpg

Only problem with Jarritos is that I have to hide them from my boys or I won't have any left.

I'll also recommend the Central Market grapefruit Italian soda for Palomas, if you want to fancy-pants it up.

I've been doing these for the last week.
I go with two shots of tequila, 1 shot of orange liqueur, 2 shots of lime juice, and a cup of Topo.

Just mixed up my first one of these. Juice of a whole lime, shot and a half of silver tequila, topo chico (I don’t like salt on drinks). Hot damn that is tasty.

Splash of grand mariner didn’t really improve it. Fine with me.

Gross

I used to adore the Deep Eddy grapefruit, but damn cholesterol meds mean no more of that.

Which one do you take? I'm on crestor and I don't have a problem with grapefruit based drinks. My usual summer drink is Fresca and vodka with a lime. Fresca is supposed to have grapefruit in it and I've never had a problem. Even straight grapefruit juice doesn't bother me.