Summer Cocktails

Stringer

I know summer is almost over but it's still hot as hell and there is plenty of pool time left so here are two of my "ply the ladies" drinks 

My wife (no pics) just calls it "The good peach tea";  I'll brew of some loose leaf ice tea for the day, preferrably a blend sold online as "Gold Rush". With that I mix Deep Eddy Peach Vodka (regular vodka works fine if you add a little more schnapps) with some peach schnapps and some sort of sweetener (SS or artificial).   The exact amounts depend on how far into the day drunk or evening you've gotten.  Anytime my wife (no pics) has her friends (no pics) around I'm making this for all of them.  
So: Iced Tea, Deep Eddy Peach vodka, Peach schnapps and sweetener.  Great pre-made for a river float.  You're welcome.

The other drink isn't mine, I learned it NYE in Austin:  Deep Eddy Peach, Le Croix mango and a little bit of a crystal light peach tea pack (to taste)  This I make for one of my friend's wife (no pics) that hates drinking anything normal and who won't put out sober.  Although this did backfire a couple of weekends ago when I gave her some long pours and she locked herself in the bathroom with his phone and started going through his facebook, changed his password and unfriending girls.   So we have to be careful with this.

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
fine tuning

Pool drink at the Mutha house the past few weeks, mint julep slush.  Recipe from Nick Detrich, Cane & Table in New Orleans. 

• 20 oz bourbon
  • 50 oz water
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • 20 mint leaves

Throw everything in a blender, blend until mint is pulverized.  Dump in a freezer bag and put in a freezer until slushy.  Serve with a mint leaf.  Or don't.  It don't make a shit, wife will still love it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Bump. 

Original Cointreau Margarita. 

1 oz Cointreau

2 oz Hornitos Blanco

1 oz lime juice

Salt the rim of a chilled martini glass. Add ice and the recipe to a martini shaker.  Shake throughly. Serve with a lime wedge. Make sure you’re drinking a Pacifico with a lime throughout the process.

I’d say it’s better than 95% of the margaritas I’ve ordered at bars/restaurants. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis