The Lebron destination thread

Longboard Horn

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Lebron is going where Kawhi is traded. Who steps up to the plate first. Sixers or Lakers? 

so can Philly afford KL and Bron?  and I agree, Bron is waiting on KL who is actually the pivotal guy this FA summer.

Edited by Orca of Peace

1 minute ago, Orca of Peace said:

so can Philly afford KL and Bron?

Yep. And it would only probably cost them Covington, Saric, and some picks.

I still think Boston jumps in hard on the Kawhi sweepstakes, especially if it seems like the LeBron/Kawhi partnership is happening. They'd be allowing two Top 5 players to either join their historic rival or, even worse, the team that they'll be battling in the East for years to come. Man, if Philly lands LeBron and Kawhi--and Embiid stays healthy--you can almost shut the extended window that Boston talks so much about.

Jaylen Brown is a really nice player and may even develop into a perennial all-star...but isn't the best case dream for the Celtics that he turns into 90% of Kawhi in a few years? They can have 100% of Kawhi right now. Granted, that puts 4 players on their roster who make over $20M with Kyrie and Kawhi due for fat raises--which might be untenable--but that's a next year problem. Roll the dice and go win the thing.

Just now, aggie08 said:

Yep. And it would only probably cost them Covington, Saric, and some picks.

I still think Boston jumps in hard on the Kawhi sweepstakes, especially if it seems like the LeBron/Kawhi partnership is happening. They'd be allowing two Top 5 players to either join their historic rival or, even worse, the team that they'll be battling in the East for years to come. Man, if Philly lands LeBron and Kawhi--and Embiid stays healthy--you can almost shut the extended window that Boston talks so much about.

Jaylen Brown is a really nice player and may even develop into a perennial all-star...but isn't the best case dream for the Celtics that he turns into 90% of Kawhi in a few years? They can have 100% of Kawhi right now. Granted, that puts 4 players on their roster who make over $20M with Kyrie and Kawhi due for fat raises--which might be untenable--but that's a next year problem. Roll the dice and go win the thing.

Fultz..... Doubt we take Covington.....

13 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

We disagree with this, but we don't want his 4 year extension..... 

Why? Ariza at 33 just got $15 million for a 1 year contract and Covington is a significantly better defender. Plus he's 6 years younger. 

Covington's contract is a bargain if you ask me. 

I don't think some realize how good of a defender Covington is. I would take Covington over Fultz in a heartbeat. Fultz is a hope and prayer that he might be good one day. Covington is a proven first team defensive player that we would have for at least 4 more years in his prime. 

Edited by texasstrong12

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Why? Ariza at 33 just got $15 million for a 1 year contract and Covington is a significantly better defender. Plus he's 6 years younger. 

Covington's contract is a bargain if you ask me. 

I don't think some realize how good of a defender Covington is. I would take Covington over Fultz in a heartbeat. Fultz is a hope and prayer that he might be good one day. Covington is a proven first team defensive player that we would have for at 4 more years in his prime. 

He's a 35% shooter from 3.  His TOV% is higher than his AST% (he's a terrible passer).  If you watch him, he doesn't have a great feel for the game.  His PER is below 13 which is pretty awful.  Last year was his first year shooting over 40% (since a rookie where he 34 minutes) and is a career 39.9% shooter.  He's a pretty terrible sub par offensive player.  He's athletic and can match up on D but was worked by a rookie last year.  Let's not oversell it.  He's a miss and D guy.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

8 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He's a 35% shooter from 3.  His TOV% is higher than his AST% (he's a terrible passer).  If you watch him, he doesn't have a great feel for the game.  His PER is below 13 which is pretty awful.  Last year was his first year shooting over 40% (since a rookie where he 34 minutes) and is a career 39.9% shooter.  He's a pretty terrible sub par player.  He's athletic and can match up but was worked by a rookie last year.  Let's not oversell it.  He's a miss and D guy.

We'll agree to disagree on this. Covington is a good player. Fultz is a complete unknown. 

1st, 1st, and 3rd in DRPM for small forwards doesn't = somebody that "doesn't have a great feel for the game". 

Let me throw out some optimism.  Last season spurs  were a 7 seed, and a butt sniff away from 3rd.  That  was without our best player.  It looks like pop is keeping the band together as much as possible  (so far), plus belineli and a promising rookie.  (Although you have to think they are shopping some guards around for anything over 6-7 in return)

No Matter what happens, the team should (on paper) be better just by the addition of whatever is returned in a kawhi trade.   

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm thinking it's going to be LeBron and Boogie ending up in LA on what will be a really weird, really young, and mostly bad (at least to LeBron's standards) team.

It certainly seems to be the trend unless Lebron simply can't stomach it all or he demands the Lakers get serious about Kawhi...... They could always make a move in-season like something for Kemba or Butler if the TWolves season goes south, but those types of deals rarely lead to a championship.  Don't remember the last big trade for a NBA champion in the middle of the season.  Pistons when they traded Dantley for Aguirre?

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Let me throw out some optimism.  Last season spurs  were a 7 seed, and a butt sniff away from 3rd.  That  was without our best player.  It looks like pop is keeping the band together as much as possible  (so far), plus belineli and a promising rookie.  (Although you have to think they are shopping some guards around for anything over 6-7 in return)

No Matter what happens, the team should (on paper) be better just by the addition of whatever is returned in a kawhi trade.   

I'm a dumbass, that was supposed to go in the spurs thread.  

47 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

It certainly seems to be the trend unless Lebron simply can't stomach it all or he demands the Lakers get serious about Kawhi...... They could always make a move in-season like something for Kemba or Butler if the TWolves season goes south, but those types of deals rarely lead to a championship.  Don't remember the last big trade for a NBA champion in the middle of the season.  Pistons when they traded Dantley for Aguirre?

Pistons traded for Rasheed in 2004.

24 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

If this guy is to be believed, then Philly may be a non-starter.

I do think it's more plausible than not that the whole "Decision Cave" was a charade and that Lebron and his team already know what he's going to do.  They've known for weeks, perhaps months.

Was that back when they assumed Paul George was going to be there as well?  Shit's changed.