The Lebron destination thread

Longboard Horn

5 hours ago, Message Board User said:

If this guy is to be believed, then Philly may be a non-starter.

I do think it's more plausible than not that the whole "Decision Cave" was a charade and that Lebron and his team already know what he's going to do.  They've known for weeks, perhaps months.

Quoting myself...I think he made the decision to go to the Lakers a while ago.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

I've posited several months ago..... He may have wavered a bit as it got closer but I think for awhile he's known he wanted to leave Ohio and go to Cali......

Had things worked out differently (if the FO weren't a bunch of asshats), he would have stayed in Cleveland the rest of his career. 

I mean, it is almost unfathomable that anybody would want to leave Cleveland, one of the world's greatest cities.

10 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Had things worked out differently (if the FO weren't a bunch of asshats), he would have stayed in Cleveland the rest of his career. 

I mean, it is almost unfathomable that anybody would want to leave Cleveland, one of the world's greatest cities.

No, he wouldn't have

24 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

actually, the Cavs had a much better chance to beat Houston and would not have been a huge surprise to me. 

I would have still picked Houston w/o CP3. Golden State still wins the Finals if KD or Steph went down as well. Last year's Cleveland team just wasn't any good, and KD going to Golden State had absolutely nothing to do with that. Cleveland (and Kyrie) ran themselves into the ground. It's why most of us thought they needed to make a move with the Brooklyn Nets pick before the deadline, before it materialized into an actual [disappointing] number. It probably still wouldn't have kept LeBron around, but it was worth the risk. Now they get to enjoy Colin Sexton.

Edited by aggie08

37 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Because Cleveland would have beaten Houston had Golden State not been in the picture?

Absolutely a much better chance. Definitely not getting swept. Houston is nowhere near what Golden St, despite them taking them to 7 games. Golden St is unlike any team we have ever seen.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

LBJ just gave up on catching Michael.

I don't blame him. He has zero shot to beat Golden St in Cleveland. He delivered them a title. Made them relevant. He has 3 rings. He's made his legacy, despite what other idiots say about his Finals record. He is now wanting to make it about his family. They live out there. His sons play ball there. Lakers were the natural decision. The others were pipe dreams.

And this works out for LA really well. By many accounts, LA only would get Lebron if LA got Kawhi first. Now they get Lebron and can just wait until next year to sign Kawhi without giving up one asset.

Lakers are now officially back.

14 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Absolutely a much better chance. Definitely not getting swept. Houston is nowhere near what Golden St, despite them taking them to 7 games. Golden St is unlike any team we have ever seen.

Good lord. Cleveland would have had no chance against Houston. The Cavs were, by the tiniest of margins, better than Indiana and a team whose best player was a rookie. Fucking Utah might have been better than Cleveland. 

Edited by aggie08

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

You continually have the worst takes on this here website. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I don't blame him. He has zero shot to beat Golden St in Cleveland. He delivered them a title. Made them relevant. He has 3 rings. He's made his legacy, despite what other idiots say about his Finals record. He is now wanting to make it about his family. They live out there. His sons play ball there. Lakers were the natural decision. The others were pipe dreams.

And this works out for LA really well. By many accounts, LA only would get Lebron if LA got Kawhi first. Now they get Lebron and can just wait until next year to sign Kawhi without giving up one asset.

Lakers are now officially back.

No they're a second round knockout. Unless Houston and Golden State blow up.

12 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

I cannot fucking wait until the first time Lavar calls out Lebron

You know, and I know, that this move was made just so LeBron could become part of the Big Baller Empire. Bron will be rockin' BBB shoes next season, hanging with Lavar after games. It will be great!

Edited by PittsburghTiger

8 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Lonzo is a good fit anywhere.   It's Lavar that's the baggage.   

8 hours ago, immortal13 said:

True, I guess I meant daddy Lavar notwithstanding. 

Didn't old man Ball say that Lebron couldn't teach or show his boys anyting?  Or something to that effect?

I think it's safe to say that Ingram--if he's not moved for Kawhi--ain't coming off the bench. If they keep Randall, they'll probably roll with a small ball starting lineup of Ball/KCP/Ingram/LeBron/Randle. Maybe JaVale starts against certain matchups, but he's only a 15 mpg guy anyway.

To your point though, they'll absolutely be on the lookout for more shooting.

Ingram is a career .329 shooter from 3. Granted, he shot .390 from 3 last year. So maybe he's shooter but no clue if those numbers are sustainable. Even Kuzma only shot .366 from 3 last year and I think he's their  best pure shooter. 

That roster construction is a mess if that's what the Lakers are rolling with. But I'm sure they're still going after Kawhi. 

Edited by texasstrong12

20 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Ingram is a career .329 shooter from 3. Granted, he shot .390 from 3 last year. So maybe he's shooter but no clue if those numbers are sustainable. Even Kuzma only shot .366 from 3 last year and I think he's their  best pure shooter. 

That roster construction is a mess if that's what the Lakers are rolling with. But I'm sure they're still going after Kawhi. 

Ingram is also 21 or  some shit.  They fucked up on the DeAngelo Russel pick.  They did not miss on Ingram.  He will be the real deal.