Poll: Which NBA team will LeBron sign with in the 2018 offseason?

Machinator

What NBA team will LeBron go to in the 2018 offseason?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. What NBA team will LeBron sign with in the 2018 offseason?

• Cleveland Cavaliers
    • Boston Celtics
    • Philadelphia 76ers
    • Houston Rockets
    • Golden State Warriors
    • Los Angeles Lakers
    • Miami Heat
    • The field

If he goes to the warriors the owners should sell the club the second they have the roster set.  The team will never be more valuable of a brand that that.  Maybe they can sell it to a group led by KD, Lebron, Steph, Klay and Green.  Then they all take lesser salaries because they are making money off the team winning and being profitable (appreciating value as well) and not off their individual skill sets.  This would naturally align management and player goals so the player/owners would be most interested in cost cutting to stay below luxury tax.  They attract young starts before their 2nd contracts to come win championships and take over the reigns in the coming years.  

Dominate into perpetuity, make money over the next 20-30 years as compared to the next 4-8 years of their careers.  I'd take 20 years of $10mm in profit share from owning part of the team all day over 4 years $80mm if you're a player like Klay.  Lebron, KD, and Steph already need and are thinking about the long term earnings so it would be a perfect fit for them.

Edited by Jhawk

18 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Did he actually schedule the meetings or is it just some writer speculating?

Just Stephen A. Smith shit throwing. There won't be a meeting. I mean, the Warriors front office will do their due diligence and make a phone call: "Good morning, Mr. Paul. Would your client consider playing for the veteran's minimum or MLE? No? Okay, thank you for your time. Have a great day."

Even if LeBron contacts them and says he'd play with them if they just make the room for him by trading some combination of Klay, Dray, and Iggy for him, Golden State wouldn't even entertain it. Punish two of their key building blocks that helped them win 3 titles for a player that they clearly don't need to win more? No chance.

And talk about going against the egalitarian, fun-loving, free-flowing strength in numbers culture that they built around Steph's personality by bringing in the soap opera and individualism that is LeBron James.

The only reason Golden State would consider it would be to keep him from going to Houston or San Antonio. Sort of what they did with KD.  

I don't think Kawhi, Lebron and some spares is enough. (they probably couldn't keep Aldridge). If Houston could add Lebron to CP3 and Harden it should be enough, buuut. Yeah they went to 7 this year, and coulda woulda hamstring, but they didn't, and to get Lebron  they likely won't have Gordon, maybe not Capela, and they have to sign cheaper spares than say Arriza. Still it's probably enough. So yeah GSW would ship Thompson, or Draymond to a has been east team to keep Lebron from a West rival.

If you are Lebron, yeah you love CP3, but do you trust his hamstring? I guess you can trust it as much as you can Embiid to stay healthy.

I would love to see Lebron go to Philly and Houston get Paul George but only giving up Ryan Anderson, not Gordon.(doubtful), aaaand keep Capela.

Imagine Lebron leading the youngsters against Kyrie in the East finals, and a rematch of Warriors, Rockets in the west but with the Rockets even better and the Warriors a little better on the bench. Glorious for hoops fans.

You hoops GM types, could the Lakers trade Lonzo and sign Lebron, CP3 and Paul George? I don't see Paul George, Lebron and the current Lakers being enough. CP3 and Lebron supposedly really want to play together, but if not Houston is there anywhere they can go besides the Lakers?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Duncan could help with CP3....but I can’t see Lebron finishing his days in that market. 

Sandy?  Michael Clarke?  He's dead.  

Also..... Like Houston, basically the only way to get Lebron would be for him to opt in and be traded to the Spurs.  They don't have the cap space, unless they renounced everyone except LMA and Kawhi and found takers for Pau and Patty and had Danny and Rudy opt out..... unless he wants to sign for the MLE!!!  Not happening.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

5 hours ago, Robin Masters said:

The only reason Golden State would consider it would be to keep him from going to Houston or San Antonio. Sort of what they did with KD.  

I don't think Kawhi, Lebron and some spares is enough. (they probably couldn't keep Aldridge). If Houston could add Lebron to CP3 and Harden it should be enough, buuut. Yeah they went to 7 this year, and coulda woulda hamstring, but they didn't, and to get Lebron  they likely won't have Gordon, maybe not Capela, and they have to sign cheaper spares than say Arriza. Still it's probably enough. So yeah GSW would ship Thompson, or Draymond to a has been east team to keep Lebron from a West rival.

If you are Lebron, yeah you love CP3, but do you trust his hamstring? I guess you can trust it as much as you can Embiid to stay healthy.

I would love to see Lebron go to Philly and Houston get Paul George but only giving up Ryan Anderson, not Gordon.(doubtful), aaaand keep Capela.

Imagine Lebron leading the youngsters against Kyrie in the East finals, and a rematch of Warriors, Rockets in the west but with the Rockets even better and the Warriors a little better on the bench. Glorious for hoops fans.

You hoops GM types, could the Lakers trade Lonzo and sign Lebron, CP3 and Paul George? I don't see Paul George, Lebron and the current Lakers being enough. CP3 and Lebron supposedly really want to play together, but if not Houston is there anywhere they can go besides the Lakers?

Sign..... no.  Trade for a couple of the pieces, perhaps.  90% CP3 is going back to Houston but if we're just speculating, then they'd have to trade for a couple of them..... Probably Paul and George and even that would be an insanely difficult chore

Edited by Patrick Bateman

21 hours ago, satyanash said:

76ers are definitely a dark horse in this discussion.

- They play in the East, which is a much easier road to the NBA Finals.

- They're a young core with real talent (Embiid, Simmons, Reddick/Covington, and hopefully Fultz) that could support LeBron well and contend for a while.

- 76ers won't have to gut their team to get LeBron like Houston likely would.

- Plenty of money/cap space. 76ers could sign LeBron to a max deal and still have room to trade for another star LeBron may want.

Lebron and Simmons on the floor together does not seem like a recipe for success.

16 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lebron and Simmons on the floor together does not seem like a recipe for success.

That’s exactly what it seems like, particularly when you add Joel Embiid, Saric, Covington, Redick, the no.10 pick, and one of the 3-4 best coaching staffs in the NBA.

15 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

They don't have the cap space, unless they renounced everyone except LMA and Kawhi and found takers for Pau and Patty and had Danny and Rudy opt out..... unless he wants to sign for the MLE!!!  Not happening.

So what's the situation if Pau and Patty just suddenly disappeared?

It makes the most sense to me for him to go Philly. They have a core of good young players, and apparently have the cap space. Plus he probably wants to remain in the weaker Eastern conference. I don't see them beating the Warriors before his skills start to decline and/or body starts to break down

It's not really about if he wants to go to Houston, the fact that Houston  can't offer him more than minimum.  I'll  have to do the research to see which teams have the cap space to flat out sign him, because in the case of a sign and trade,  or opt  in and trade, Cleveland has most of the power.  They don't  have to take a shitty deal or take bad contracts back.  Cleveland knows they  are probably  screwed either way because they obviously aren't good enough with lebron and not much in the way of getting better. So they  know they will suck and will have to rebuild through the draft. 
Bottom line, either LeBron cp3 or both will have to  take less money to both play in Houston  next season, and neither have suggested they will do that.
No they don't. Houston has the Bird rights and can go into the luxury tax for CP3. Sign him last.

Have to dump the Anderson contract somehow, sign LeBron, then carry on.

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Assuming they do sign lebron for a 4 or 5 year deal, Is the Philly ownership prepared to pony up a buttload of money in a few years when embiid and Simmons rookie deals run out?  Or are they gonna bitch out like the thunder. 

I could be wrong and LeBron will take the supermax that he and the union put into place in the last CBA, but I would anticipate that he continues to sign contracts with frequent opportunities to opt out so that he can maintain maximum leverage over ownership. If it gets to a situation he's no longer happy with, he can simply pick up and go elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I could be wrong and LeBron will take the supermax that he and the union put into place in the last CBA, but I would anticipate that he continues to sign contracts with frequent opportunities to opt out so that he can maintain maximum leverage over ownership. If it gets to a situation he's no longer happy with, he can simply pick up and go elsewhere.

Exactly right

3 hours ago, Snacks said:

No they don't. Houston has the Bird rights and can go into the luxury tax for CP3. Sign him last.

Have to dump the Anderson contract somehow, sign LeBron, then carry on.

I think Houston will have a cap hold on cp3 until  he is resigned or they renounce  him

Edited by dingleberryswitzer