Penelope

Open a bar they said, It will be fun they said...

F&%en LIARS.  I've been open 6 months.  In this 6 month period,  I have  1. Had two wall leaks in the builiding, (not my building, but I'm responible to fix), replaced two toilets (see #1), replaced 1 air conditioner (again see #1) , fired 5 people (3 were doing drugs in the bar, other 2 just didn't show up for shifts), Been broken into once, popped by TABC for having an intoxicated employee (not working, but on premises) for 6 grand (not kidding 6 fucking thousand dollars), two fights (one where piece of shit trash pulled a knife), someone puke inthe urinal (twice), someone take a shit on the women's bathroom floor, plus numerous phone calls to Williamson County and Jarrell Police because they continue to sit in my got damn parking lot (entrapment?)  I've literally walked over to their vehicles and asked them to leave and ended up threatening to call supervisers (prob not so smart on my part cause "Bernard").  I never expected this to be a happy, happy fun time.  I've been in the business for 20+ years.  But I really didn't expect this much shit. WTF?

On another note, Thanks to the Shagsters (hope you're here as well), who became members and helped me open

Those cops are hanging around want some graft and/or blow jobs. You need an employee that can handle both.

Also, I would’ve expected the bar demographics of Jarrell to be mostly white collar prim and proper Williamson County conservatives.

41 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Those cops are hanging around want some graft and/or blow jobs. You need an employee that can handle both.

Also, I would’ve expected the bar demographics of Jarrell to be mostly white collar prim and proper Williamson County conservatives.

Clearly should have kept the girls doing coke. Except they’re both over 50 and not worth trading. No pics, you’re welcome

Jarrell has been building and expanding at a fast rate  . Most  of my customers are late 20’s early 30’s couples with kids.  The rest are good ol boys with a good drinking hobby, throw in a couple few white trash meth heads, and that’s my Friday night  

31 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

You''ll want to start at 3:00

I watched this on Amazon Prime a few weeks ago. It was ok...

If you have only had to clean up puke in the toilet twice in 6 months you’re ahead of the curve.  

You know, when I came to this town after Korea there was nothing. I brought the mall here. I got the 7-Eleven. I got the Fotomat here. Christ, JC fuckin' Penney is coming here because of me!!!! You ask anybody, they'll tell you.

9 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

You''ll want to start at 3:00

FYI, that place shown  @ 4:40 where they wheel out of "the bank" was not long after a nightclub named "Squeeze" &  was a frequent place for Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids to play.

& Directly to the L under the Andrews Avenue bridge was the recording studio where Skid Row put together "Slave To The Grind".

F&%en LIARS.  I've been open 6 months.  In this 6 month period,  I have  1. Had two wall leaks in the builiding, (not my building, but I'm responible to fix), replaced two toilets (see #1), replaced 1 air conditioner (again see #1) , fired 5 people (3 were doing drugs in the bar, other 2 just didn't show up for shifts), Been broken into once, popped by TABC for having an intoxicated employee (not working, but on premises) for 6 grand (not kidding 6 fucking thousand dollars), two fights (one where piece of shit trash pulled a knife), someone puke inthe urinal (twice), someone take a shit on the women's bathroom floor, plus numerous phone calls to Williamson County and Jarrell Police because they continue to sit in my got damn parking lot (entrapment?)  I've literally walked over to their vehicles and asked them to leave and ended up threatening to call supervisers (prob not so smart on my part cause "Bernard").  I never expected this to be a happy, happy fun time.  I've been in the business for 20+ years.  But I really didn't expect this much shit. WTF?
On another note, Thanks to the Shagsters (hope you're here as well), who became members and helped me open
I dunno man...closing down 2 am and cleaning up, getting out of there by 330 or 4 to do the same thing all over again by 11am sounds like the good life

19 hours ago, Penelope said:

Clearly should have kept the girls doing coke. Except they’re both over 50 and not worth trading. No pics, you’re welcome

Jarrell has been building and expanding at a fast rate  . Most  of my customers are late 20’s early 30’s couples with kids.  The rest are good ol boys with a good drinking hobby, throw in a couple few white trash meth heads, and that’s my Friday night  

Pack it up and move to Florence. Let the real shit show begin

Edited by SurlyBDR

21 hours ago, Penelope said:

two fights (one where piece of shit trash pulled a knife), someone puke inthe urinal (twice), someone take a shit on the women's bathroom floor

Sorry for partying?

21 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Maybe aim for a higher class clientele?

well, advertising on this site would be her first mistake.   We are a lower class of clientele fo sho

I'm confused by this:

On 6/9/2018 at 11:36 AM, Penelope said:

popped by TABC for having an intoxicated employee (not working, but on premises)

If an employee is not on the clock, why would they care? If that's illegal, my college employer (bar) in Galveston would have been fined back to prohibition. When our shift was over, it was party time until they closed.

On 6/9/2018 at 11:36 AM, Penelope said:

Like a boat. Happiest two days. First and last. Good luck brother. 

6 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Try closing earlier. You don’t have to match the drinking hours and I’d guess most issues occur in the 12-2am window.

Make friends with cops.  Offer them bottle waters and sodas when they are on the clock.  Tell them if they come in off the clock the first round is on the house.  They in turn will do favors for you to help out your business as needed.  

On 6/9/2018 at 11:52 PM, Stunns38 said:

Hire Dalton to clean that shit up.

I could do it

On 6/9/2018 at 10:26 PM, mulletpelini said:

You know, when I came to this town after Korea there was nothing. I brought the mall here. I got the 7-Eleven. I got the Fotomat here. Christ, JC fuckin' Penney is coming here because of me!!!! You ask anybody, they'll tell you.

not getting near enough love

On 6/12/2018 at 7:16 PM, Bill Brasky said:

Make friends with cops.  Offer them bottle waters and sodas when they are on the clock.  Tell them if they come in off the clock the first round is on the house.  They in turn will do favors for you to help out your business as needed.  

If you serve food feed them as well.

Not sure I want to know how one decides to open a bar in Jarrell.

Did you clarify who was supposed to have fun?

Regarding the cops hanging around in the parking lot, we had cops who did the same at the GW Jr's I worked at over 40 years ago.  One of the workers was a hot head and told everyone he was going to tell the cops to get the fuck off the property because it was bad for business.  The manager shut that down immediately and had that employee go offer them a complimentary meal instead.  We were never robbed with cops hanging around, so there's that.

On 6/12/2018 at 5:54 PM, CooterBrown said:

Try closing earlier. You don’t have to match the drinking hours and I’d guess most issues occur in the 12-2am window.

I can imagine that the drinking hours in Jarrell go until 2:00 am.  Midnight at the latest.

3 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

I can imagine that the drinking hours in Jarrell go until 2:00 am.  Midnight at the latest.

If you have to live in Jarrell, aren't they all drinking hours?

What's the next major holiday so the OP can check back in and update us with how things are going.

What's that? The bar will be open for Christmas? Ok never mind. I guess it'll have to be when hes on the shitter

But you're getting rich, right? I heard you get rich opening a bar. Do you also live in the back? I heard that makes things a lot easier. 

Also I have it on good authority that this whole "sales tax" thing is completely optional. Every penny counts you know.

Edited by Thetexashammer