Penelope

Open a bar they said, It will be fun they said...

Quick update on bar problems. Had an employee get drunk on shift and damn near gave my bar away. Fired him This week caught another employee stealing $500. She came in in her day off at 8:30 am to rob me. Caught her on video, moving the camera so it wouldn’t catch her stealing . She didn’t move it quite far enough m. I have an unbelievable video I’d love to upload but don’t know how ?  Any help would be appreciated. For incentive, she’s very rude and it shows. Mainly when she stuffs MY $500 in her tits  Fucking thief

5 hours ago, Penelope said:

I hope I did this correctly. Here’s my thief. Watch closely she’s sneaky and rude 

At least you caught her.  I hope you filed a police report - other employees need to know the consequences.

What's up with that video? Did you shoot video of a monitor with your phone? In portrait mode? Was the screen you were looking at positioned horizontally like a TV or movie or computer screen? (Or like...your eyes.)

I hope you called the cops on her. Turn your phone sideways when shooting video. 

The former bar manager at my local pub (very rude, pics on old site) was one of the most creative thieves. She's been working in bars for 15+ years so knows all of the usual tricks. Nickel here. Dime there. Not enough at any one time to get your attention. The owner is Korean and his english is, as we say, not very good looking so he relies on his staff to deal with vendors, pay bills, etc. BIG mistake on his part. She ended up stealing the routing number from the bar's account & setting up AT&T  internet, cell phone, u-verse, etc. at her house. Got a good 12 months out of that before the owner finally caught on. He started digging deeper & found another 5 grand or so of other scams she'd pulled off. He went to the police (not sure if it was Cedar Park or wilco) & tried to have her arrested for theft, but he couldn't prove that he didn't authorize her to set up the AT&T account at her house. Her word against his, & they weren't going to be bothered by it. On top of that, AT&T wouldn't stop her service because SHE set it up. They wouldn't trust the new bar manager when he tried to have her service cut because they couldn't be sure he wasn't just some random person trying to screw her over (read: AT&T ain't gonna do anything to stop the money from coming in). In the end they had to open a new account (including new service fees) then kill the old one.

The best part? When she was fired she immediately got a job bartending at a karaoke bar literally across the parking lot from the old pub. Balls. She's got 'em.

On 9/15/2018 at 7:35 AM, Okie State said:

Master criminal right there. Even if she did move the camera far enough, she was on video moving the camera. What an idiot.

you would be surprised how often using the broom to move the camera trick is deployed in the restaurant/bar business. I've had it happen many times and every time they are caught on camera looking right at the camera. lol

7 hours ago, PilotsError said:

I know the post is almost a year, but what the fuck happened with it?

Broke legs, grateful to walk.

Yes I’m still open. And it’s still not fun.  Employee problems, customer problems, TABC problems. It never ends. Thankfully, there’s always booze around.

2 hours ago, Penelope said:

Yes I’m still open. And it’s still not fun.  Employee problems, customer problems, TABC problems. It never ends. Thankfully, there’s always booze around.

Customer problems? I was gonna ask "how hard is it to sit on a stool and drink alcohol?" Then I remembered you're in Jarrell. 

Edited by Fuck Tim Beck

4 hours ago, Penelope said:

Details

I’d like to hear more, especially about the struggle of having thieving employees. Seems like an unfixable problem.

On 6/14/2018 at 7:37 AM, joe dirt said:

not getting near enough love

I googled it and got nothing.  Where is it from?

4 hours ago, Penelope said:

What are you netting each month for your troubles?

Well, how's your holiday season been going?

& What's up with the jacked FB review where "the owner said he doesn't care", etc?  Douche customer or were you hammered?

On 8/16/2018 at 6:18 AM, PilotsError said:

Adults standing around doing nothing bad, government comes over and breaks their legs, hands them crutches and citizens thank the government for allowing them to walk.

Was the government wearing jackboots?

11 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Well, how's your holiday season been going?

& What's up with the jacked FB review where "the owner said he doesn't care", etc?  Douche customer or were you hammered?

That was my ex. And he was hammered. I wasn’t there that evening. My bouncer was there, off duty, and was wasted. He started harassing a group of people, who then complained. My ex backed the drunk bouncer.  

I can drink it, I just can’t be intoxicated.

That’s an important clarification.

Your endeavor sounds like great fun. Honest question - is it worth it?

On 12/31/2019 at 12:20 PM, Penelope said:

No

I worked the bar scene for a long time. Dad owned a small joint, I was Manager/DJ/bartender/bouncer at several places. The bar scene is fun, especially the bar workers scene after closing. But the grind gets to you after a while. It's no fun being the sober (and supposedly) responsible adult when everyone else is partying. I switched to liquor stores. They buy it and leave. Lots less headaches.

1 hour ago, Steel Shank said:

Have a cocktail called The Steel Shank that's made with whatever is handy/leftover shit.

Listen to this man.

7 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Have a cocktail called The Steel Shank that's made with whatever is handy/leftover shit.

Username checks out. 

Try the "MRS".

Mung Rag Squeeze. Wipe up everything across the bar, squeeze it into a glass & when topped off, drink.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2019 at 12:28 PM, drifter379 said:

Are there surly drink specials?

Sort of, if I know you’re there I’ll buy you a beer

Edited by Penelope

21 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Try the "MRS".

Mung Rag Squeeze. Wipe up everything across the bar, squeeze it into a glass & when topped off, drink.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Similar to a mat shot. Dump whatever is in the mats at the end of the night into a glass and drink it

I’m glad the holidays are over. It was steady and thankfully fairly uneventful. On New Year’s Eve morning, when I went to the bar to do the books, I noticed that my soda CO2 system was spurting out CO2. It was too early to call the guy to fix it so I attempted to fix it myself. Didn’t have the tools or the know how (pump needed to be replaced).  I asked my Bartender about it later, and she acknowledged that she had heard a noise and wondered what it was. Later that night I came into work and poured my first draft beer. And the beer was barely coming out. Because the CO2 on that system need to be replaced. No big deal we have a back up. Ask the other bartender about it. She Thought it was weird that the beer was barely coming out. But didn’t bother to call or text me. And then midway through New Year’s Eve, one of my registers went out. Turns out it was the one ethernet cord that has a weird configuration on one end. Can’t order it online or buy in a store. I had to order it from the point of sale company. They wanted $30 plus shipping and It would’ve taken a week to get here. So I found a place in Austin to make me one. On the plus side, all my employees showed up for their shifts. And we didn’t have any fights. 

On January 2, 2020 at 4:22 PM, Steel Shank said:

Make it a Bin Laden. Just two shots and a splash of water.