Penelope

Open a bar they said, It will be fun they said...

Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2019 at 12:44 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Have you considered selling your body?

Well, my ex bought me the bar... 
Semantics and such

(49% to his 51%)

Edited by Penelope

1 hour ago, Penelope said:

Similar to a mat shot. Dump whatever is in the mats at the end of the night into a glass and drink it

We called that a Matt Dillon.  After close, pour a shot of rum or vodka on the mat and drain it along with all the leftovers into a glass.  Nasty.

We also used to have “Nickel Beer”; the 3 draft kegs drained into a gallon jug in the fridge where the kegs sat.  Flat weeks old dirty runoff of Budweiser, Coors Light, and Miller Light.  Ugh.

5 hours ago, Penelope said:

Similar to a mat shot. Dump whatever is in the mats at the end of the night into a glass and drink it

Also called a Hairy Buffalo. 

8 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

We called that a Matt Dillon.  After close, pour a shot of rum or vodka on the mat and drain it along with all the leftovers into a glass.  Nasty.

We also used to have “Nickel Beer”; the 3 draft kegs drained into a gallon jug in the fridge where the kegs sat.  Flat weeks old dirty runoff of Budweiser, Coors Light, and Miller Light.  Ugh.

Sweet jeebus.  I used to see dragworms knocking the bung out of kegs on Sundays/Mondays outside the frat houses in west campus, then tilting the kegs into gallon milk jugs.  Sometimes after the kegs had been sitting out in 80-90-100 degree weather.  Brown soup came out.  Fuuuuck.

So I accidentally dropped a full keg of beer on my foot. My beer guys had stacked a XX keg on top of Miller light keg. I was looking for the miller light keg, and was pissed because I knew I had one in my cooler, and couldn’t find it.  So, As I am shifting the top keg to see what was underneath, it fell on my foot. Broken in three places. Oh the joys of owning a fucking bar!

On 1/5/2020 at 10:28 AM, Penelope said:

On the plus side, all my employees showed up for their shifts. And we didn’t have any fights. 

I've worked in the bar business the last 11 years. Those two points right there tell me you're doing things right and definitely something to be happy about.

21 hours ago, Penelope said:

So I accidentally dropped a full keg of beer on my foot. My beer guys had stacked a XX keg on top of Miller light keg. I was looking for the miller light keg, and was pissed because I knew I had one in my cooler, and couldn’t find it.  So, As I am shifting the top keg to see what was underneath, it fell on my foot. Broken in three places. Oh the joys of owning a fucking bar!

Most have heard of the lake in NE Texas named Caddo Lake.  Oddly, all of the restaurants burned down over the years in September.   

Subscribed to thread just now...Sister in Law opened a Bar and Grill with her wife/fiancé around Christmas...I helped set up some of their tech stuff like the tablets and computer registers.  Apparently they've been very successful in the one month since they've opened. 

Never thought she'd really struggle much as she knows EVERYONE in the Killeen/Temple/Austin area and has already syphoned off business from the other local bars.  Somehow she still runs one of the families Used Car Lots(she's not there very much, obviously) but regardless she's been doing well.  Hope it stays that way.

On 1/30/2020 at 4:03 PM, Drew said:

Sister in Law opened a Bar and Grill with her wife/fiancé

Maybe pics?

20 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Maybe pics?

Umm, my sister in law is not the type of lesbian you would hope.

Her fiancé though is...but fluctuates.  She actually lost quite a bit of weight during quarantine(which I would think the opposite would happen). I'll see what I can do.

Was at her bar the other night...lots of people there considering.  Wish I could get pics but it's way too open right now.

10 hours ago, Drew said:

Umm, my sister in law is not the type of lesbian you would hope.

Her fiancé though is...but fluctuates.  She actually lost quite a bit of weight during quarantine(which I would think the opposite would happen). I'll see what I can do.

Was at her bar the other night...lots of people there considering.  Wish I could get pics but it's way too open right now.

What, you can't just grab one off their FB accounts?

On 6/3/2020 at 1:34 PM, Hpara759 said:

rumor has it....The Lucky Penny is back!!     ??

Yes, finally!  I added a patio for outdoor seating and the approval process took longer than anticipated. 

1 hour ago, Penelope said:

Yes, finally!  I added a patio for outdoor seating and the approval process took longer than anticipated. 

got any pics of the patio?

Posted (edited)

Penny’s party patio passed prescribed precepts pertaining to patronage, per poster.  Poised to potentially provide powerful post-pandemic punch to purveyor’s pocketbook. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Penny’s party patio passed prescribed precepts pertaining to patronage, per poster.  Poised to potentially provide powerful post-pandemic punch to purveyor’s pocketbook. 

Is that from Yelp!?

23 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Really refreshing report regarding rejuvinated revenue. 

On 6/5/2020 at 10:35 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Positive precepts purporting proprietor’s progressive potential profits.  

On 6/5/2020 at 9:00 AM, Hpara759 said:

got any pics of the patio?

I don’t know how to upload them 

Yeah don't use Imgur.com. It only works for every other message board on the Internet. Just not this one. 

On 1/5/2020 at 11:47 AM, Snake Diggity said:

You used to see dragworms, er, the homeless, all over west campus knocking the bungs out of kegs around frat houses and emptying the dregs into gallon jugs.

Hopefully just that ONE guy in a wheelchair. The fire marshall made me put in two gates. I have another entrance on the other side of the building. I have three regulars that are in wheelchairs. Someone always opens the gate for them.