Upgrade

ajax

Go see it. I mean it.

This is an extremely violent, extremely satisfying grindhouse sci-fi revenge movie. I don't know why it's not getting more press.

It was extremely satisfying up until the very end, where I think it could have ended better. But that's just my opinion. Some people might love the ending. But it kind of (slight spoiler) eliminates the possibility of any kind of sequel.

Not to stir up too much controversy but I said in The Last Jedi thread that that movie was no fun at all. Upgrade is an extremely fun movie

• Like 2

Saw it last weekend and thought it was a lot of fun.  I'd recommend it.

Also, I liked the ending but.....

I'm also into grim and dark shit where everything doesn't end all tidy and happy.  I was close to being pissed when I thought it was all going to end up being a coma dream.  I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out.

• 2 months later...

Just watched this.  Loved everything about it.   The underground house at the start got my full attention.  (Cool architecture fascinates me and is usually a good sign that the production has put effort into their movie)   The premise is good sci-fi material and the plot was fully developed with extremely creative and inventive action sequences. 

I guess it was made by Australians, so it didn't get any publicity here, (and the last post in this thread was in June), so I think it's fair to call it very underrated.  If you like sci-fi, or 'concept films' or creative action movies, definitely watch it.  

Disagree that it needed a bigger budget.  Comic book movies with their flying, CGI fist fights need to learn from movies like this.

Spoiler

Breaking the bad guys arm and shooting him in the face with his own implanted hand-gun was badass.

It reminded me of a black mirror episode, but movie length.  

Edited by Monster

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/20/2018 at 4:43 PM, Monster said:

I will say the surgery scene and the implants could have been better.  The Art Director or whoever was in charge of that part was the weak link on the production team.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:41 AM, Parliament said:

They had a VERY limited budget for this movie.  Too bad.

Wiki says the budget was 3m and it made 18m. Really wish it had gotten more play as it was great original Scifi and was really well acted and done.