Earl Thomas holding out

Goo Punch

6 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Yeah, why do you them?

Pete Carroll is a shitbag.

Not necessarily a fan of Wilson either, but he’s more squirrelly than nefarious. 

The UT noobs? No issue.

Edited by slorch

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

it's hard for these rich ass athletes to get sympathy from the common man.  on no, your multi-million dollar per year contract is not enough.  so fucking sad.

Except that their bosses make billions off the backs of players, who are likely to have debilitating health problems and a shorter life-span down the road all for beating themselves senseless for our entertainment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Except that their bosses make billions off the backs of players, who are likely to have debilitating health problems and a shorter life-span down the road all for beating themselves senseless for our entertainment.

1. no one is making any of these guys play the sport.  

2. a contract was signed.  want to bitch?  bitch at the idiot who signed the contract.

Can't believe Thomas would do something like this. Really thought he was a good guy, but apparently he's such a pre madonna that he wants MORE money than what his CONTRACT says he gets? I guess it shouldn't surprise me since he probably kneeled for the national anthem because he doesn't respect the troops or the flag. Hell he should be playing for free and thanking Mr. Allen (who is a billionair and therefore a great man who deserves respect and earned his money and never held out for more and is also white, which isn't a big deal but it's true) for letting him on the feild. I'm just going to boycott the NFL to show them that this kind of behavior is UNACCEPTABLE in AMERICA. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

1. no one is making any of these guys play the sport.  

2. a contract was signed.  want to bitch?  bitch at the idiot who signed the contract.

EXACTLY. Why is it so hard for these idiots on this thread to understand this? In my business (selling scrap metal I steal from job sites) if I sign a contract it's my word which is my bond and cannot EVER be broken so how is a NFL contract any different? Guess what? It's not. So quit bitching and get out there and do your job just like everyone else because all jobs are the same. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

None of these NFL contracts are guaranteed the way they are in baseball or basketball. Teams can effectively void the contract at an time and eat the salary cap penalty but the player gets nothing other than the signing bonus. This is the way the game is played. Or have you not been paying attention?

Edited by C-Man
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

EXACTLY. Why is it so hard for these idiots on this thread to understand this? In my business (selling scrap metal I steal from job sites) if I sign a contract it's my word which is my bond and cannot EVER be broken so how is a NFL contract any different? Guess what? It's not. So quit bitching and get out there and do your job just like everyone else because all jobs are the same. 

I thought your job was evil genius/supervillian and owner of the Globex Corporation?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

you idiots are right.  i should fell sorry for poor earl.  

Earl Thomas signed a 4 year, $40,000,000 contract with the Seattle Seahawks, including a $9,500,000 signing bonus, $25,725,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $10,000,000.  

Preach it brother! I'm gonna go huff some spray paint and shoot rats down at the landfill later if you want to come. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Earl Thomas signed a 4 year, $40,000,000 contract with the Seattle Seahawks, including a $9,500,000 signing bonus, $25,725,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $10,000,000.  

you know, in sports, in a contract year, it's quite common for a productive player who wants to stay with a team to want a contract extension. i mean, it happens all the fucking time. front office plays games with these dudes' contracts. they don't owe the front office shit. they could cut him if he trips and falls down the stairs this afternoon if they wanted. these contracts are not worth much more than the signing bonus.

as a matter of fact, i think they should make that a sticking point the next CBA is due. it's fucking bullshit.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I think the players do it for the money moreso than for our entertainment. 

I have no problem with him trying to get more, sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't.

45 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

New shit has come to light.

In the NFL, it truly doesn't bother me when the players hold out.  The teams cut them in a heartbeat to lower salaries, so there's no moral obligation when it comes to contracts.

Sometimes, the players are unjustified, and the market works things out.  I'm good with that too.

On 6/14/2018 at 3:57 PM, crash_davis said:

Save this "the boss is always right" shit for some aggy. Earl is one of ours.

I've never understood NFL contracts. 

You take the biggest contracts in sports like basketball and baseball and they dwarf the big contracts in the NFL.  And those are essentially non-contact sports where your brain isn't going to turn to mush 20 years down the road and lead you to suicide or acting crazy.  Meanwhile, the NFL is raking in money hand over fist and is clearly far and above the biggest sport in this country. 

Earl and every other dude in the NFL should be making more money.  College players should actually be making money.  So, in the words of Rocky, "Go get what you're worth." 

2 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

You take the biggest contracts in sports like basketball and baseball and they dwarf the big contracts in the NFL.  And those are essentially non-contact sports where your brain isn't going to turn to mush 20 years down the road and lead you to suicide or acting crazy.  Meanwhile, the NFL is raking in money hand over fist and is clearly far and above the biggest sport in this country. 

Earl and every other dude in the NFL should be making more money.  College players should actually be making money.  So, in the words of Rocky, "Go get what you're worth." 

I agree with your point, however, there are not 53 guys on an NBA roster either.  

Couldn't agree more with college( revenue) sports in general.  They have ZERO to do with the education of college students today.  It is 100% about big business.

3 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

Leverage. The NFL player's union is one of the weaker ones in the country.

When a team can cut a player the second they feel like he's no longer worth his contract, I have no problem with players doing this.  The owners like all the other benefits they get from non-guaranteed contracts, they can live with this.  The whole idea of contracts that aren't actual contracts has always bothered me.

Edited by kevwun

• 1 month later...

Renegotiation is unethical, immoral, and should be illegal if not already so. The law should not allow divorce, dissolution of partnerships, name changes, or transferring to different colleges either. I mean, there’s a piece of paper. Paper! Oh, and no changing majors or schedule changes for students. If you think something in life can be improved once you have agreed to it, you should ignore that impulse no matter what.

On 6/20/2018 at 7:38 AM, kevwun said:

When a team can cut a player the second they feel like he's no longer worth his contract, I have no problem with players doing this.  The owners like all the other benefits they get from non-guaranteed contracts, they can live with this.  The whole idea of contracts that aren't actual contracts has always bothered me.

For real

• 1 month later...