All things Nachos!!

Hook1997

On 6/15/2018 at 7:09 AM, utee94 said:

This is one reason why the well-formed single nacho is about a bazillion times better than the pile o' crap nacho.

You serious Clark?  What kinda yankee ass shit is this?  I couldn’t disagree more.  The pile is where all the fun is at.  Each bite different yet great.  Why not just get a taco if you want each bite to taste the same.

• Like 1

Moxie's in Dallas serves an amazing one pound of nachos.  This is a Canadian chain.  Not sure if they serve these nachos up there, but they do in Texas.  And they are awesome.  I had a 20 mile run one Saturday, then went to Moxie's that night before a Stars game.  Damn near finished the whole thing.

o.jpg

20 hours ago, Landomatic said:

You serious Clark?  What kinda yankee ass shit is this?  I couldn’t disagree more.  The pile is where all the fun is at.  Each bite different yet great.  Why not just get a taco if you want each bite to taste the same.

,,,because tacos aren't nachos, mostly...?

Pile o'crap nachos suck.  It is known.

On 6/16/2018 at 5:54 PM, Jive Turkey said:

Moxie's in Dallas serves an amazing one pound of nachos.  This is a Canadian chain.  Not sure if they serve these nachos up there, but they do in Texas.  And they are awesome.  I had a 20 mile run one Saturday, then went to Moxie's that night before a Stars game.  Damn near finished the whole thing.

o.jpg

damn that is perfect

My dad has this strong opinion that those should be called "panchos" due to the use of refried bean.  I am not exactly sure what that belief is based on, but I have to hear about it most time we are slamming margs and nachos. Either way, I would slam those nachos with prejudice. 

34 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

Correct.  It's shocking to me that there are some who think the pile of crap nachos are good.

Different strokes I guess.  I'm shocked anyone would prefer the over-refined, each bite the same, one-note, single nacho, hors d'oeuvres to the magnificent pile of each bite different, often gooey, stringy, melty, deliciousness.

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Different strokes I guess.  I'm shocked anyone would prefer the over-refined, each bite the same, one-note, single nacho, hors d'oeuvres to the magnificent pile of each bite different, often gooey, stringy, melty, deliciousness.

Artfully crafted single nachos aren't one-note, that's ridiculous.  They are glorious.

Pile o'crap nachos are, well, a pile o'crap.

(Begun, the Nacho Wars have)

Your version of nachos suck. 

I get it..chips underneath are basically topless. You gotta strategize the long game and make sure those bottom chips don't go uncovered

Yeah. Minnesota. Nuff said. Walleye, on the other hand.......

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Artfully crafted single nachos aren't one-note, that's ridiculous.  They are glorious.

Pile o'crap nachos are, well, a pile o'crap.

(Begun, the Nacho Wars have)

No, mini tostada sliders are not better than real man nachos.  Just like mini burger sliders are not better than real man burgers.

But hey, keep on with your dainty self.  NTTAWWT

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

No, mini tostada sliders are not better than real man nachos.  Just like mini burger sliders are not better than real man burgers.

But hey, keep on with your dainty self.  NTTAWWT

Shoveling piles o' crap into your face and down your gullet while being fat and stupid is no way to go through life, son. 

3 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Yeah. Minnesota. Nuff said. Walleye, on the other hand.......

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

Exactly.  Minnesota nachos for the lulz.

But I'll definitely give him Walleye.  And, the Jucy Lucy.

What does the state have anything to do with your style of nachos being too clean and too easy to eat? 

I see you made a fat joke about messy nachos so I'll no longer take you seriously because you're wrong

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

9 hours ago, Anastasis said:

So nobody else has ever heard the "pancho" thing before?

I vaguely recall hearing about it many years ago.  Figured it must be a regional dialect thing, but it makes sense, as the original "nacho" was only chip, cheese, and jalapeno-- according to the stories, anyway.

If he wants to get bent out of shape about it, more power to him, but at this point he's tilting at windmills.

Edited by utee94

29 minutes ago, utee94 said:

If he wants to get bent out of shape about it, more power to him, but at this point he's tilting at windmills.

I wouldn't say bent out of shape, more like sanctimonious twattery.  Which runs in the family.

4 minutes ago, SurlyBDR said:

Chuy's designates them as "panchos" when you add meat to their naoches... for whatever that's worth

Capture.png

Interesting.

499b0963a7d574835ad5afbfb0f2bc35.jpg

Sorry for the derail.  More pics of nachos plz. 

• 3 weeks later...

Most surprisingly good nachos I have ever ordered were at the hotel bar / restaurant inside the Marriott IAH. Perfect bean/cheese/meat/chip ratio, huge amount of nachos for the price. All in all a first class nacho experience.

Edited by TornACL

In the late '60's there  was a Mexican fast food place on the Drag -where it hits the 'Y' just North of campus.  They sold nachos made on tostada shells, with a bean and cheese paste and as many sliced japs as you wanted. The bean/cheese paste was kinda pink in color.  I won't say they were the best I ever had, but I must have eaten hundreds of them.  

Ok. Long time lurker who just discovered thread. 

Take craptastic store bought corn tortillas and cut in half. Fry up ONLY in a pan. DO NOT deep fry. Fry until almost burnt. (Dark brown). Put what ever toppings you like. I like homemade refry’s, brisket, cheddar, pickled japs. Crema after oven. Do it individual style. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shaddie said:

Ok. Long time lurker who just discovered thread. 

Take craptastic store bought corn tortillas and cut in half. Fry up ONLY in a pan. DO NOT deep fry. Fry until almost burnt. (Dark brown). Put what ever toppings you like. I like homemade refry’s, brisket, cheddar, pickled japs. Crema after oven. Do it individual style. 

Yup, that'll do nicely. 

On 6/20/2018 at 7:11 PM, Zepol87 said:

Give me the piled on noach over the individual bs.

On 6/20/2018 at 9:00 PM, elfenix said:

i celebrate nachos' entire catalog.  

officespace-talkingtothebobs-thumbnail.j

I like them all but i can't help but remember thinking, the first time i got the individuals, what the hell is this?  Team pile of noach.

Thanks for asking... my personal philosophy is this:

- Queso = pile style

- Shredded cheese = individual style

For example, at home I'll often do a big batch of chips/bean/cheese and spread across cookie sheet and broil topped with jalapenos. In college, by contrast, I would get the Super Nachos from TC and mash that shit all up into a delicious nacho casserole-like substance.