Fallout 76

BurntOrange&White

Does anyone else get this weird map bug where you click a location you want to fast travel to, click ok to the caps cost, and then it just doesn't take you there and closes the map? I had it happen quite a bit the past few nights.

Are Nuclear Winter seasons coming back in any capacity? I missed out on every single one that occurred and I'm bummed I missed out on the ghille suit.

There are still some things we're trying to track down with fast travel and that's one of them.
Good question on NW, man. Unfortunately, I do not know what the plans are for that right now.
Can we get a Fuck Tampa sign put in the game?

Or maybe like a new overseer like system called the robotic entity feature, REF for short, and it's completely blind but still manages to mess up your daily ops runs by randomly killing you.

Totally not bitter right now.
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

I can't wait. I'm wanting to build this as my camp.

https://images.app.goo.gl/uy2DbZ2GN32HnaNW9

Can I put the door entrance in the BOS bunker from this season's reward?

I don't believe so. From what I have played there are specific "doors" that you have to use, but there are a lot of really awesome ones.

On 9/29/2020 at 7:44 PM, LonghornJudas said:

Don't know. Maybe we can get Obsidian to work on it. :)

Quick note. PTS should be getting an update soon with new features. I have a couple of goodies going in regarding pvp and hunger/thirst management.

Any chance we'll ever see these textures added?

latest?cb=20141103163434

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, vtaenz said:

Finally unlocked the Brotherhood Field Station. What glitch can I use to put this thing on top of a foundation?

Well, we do have some pretty funny shots from testing, but I can't share those. I'm sure people will put some crazy things on Reddit though.

Steel Dawn is gonna be a lot of fun...

Nice.

Let us place prefabs on foundations. Is that coming in the future camp improvements that was mentioned during the summer preview of future stuff?

I tend to see that request quite a bit on reddit. Really everytime there's a new prefab on the atomic shop.

1 hour ago, vtaenz said:

Let us place prefabs on foundations. Is that coming in the future camp improvements that was mentioned during the summer preview of future stuff?

Currently, because those prefabs are foundations, so you can snap doors to them... and we can't place foundations on foundations. As for when/if that's coming, I don't know.

Speaking of prefabs, I keep bringing this up in our meetings, but I would like to see blueprints in the shop. I mean even as a designer, I get option paralysis and wouldn't mind just getting some really cool CAMP blueprint that I could plop down to get me started. I don't think I'm alone here, but I'm curious what others think.

32 minutes ago, LonghornJudas said:

Currently, because those prefabs are foundations, so you can snap doors to them... and we can't place foundations on foundations. As for when/if that's coming, I don't know.

Speaking of prefabs, I keep bringing this up in our meetings, but I would like to see blueprints in the shop. I mean even as a designer, I get option paralysis and wouldn't mind just getting some really cool CAMP blueprint that I could plop down to get me started. I don't think I'm alone here, but I'm curious what others think.

Not a bad idea.
Lot of people are uncreative, such as myself, and I think that would give some people and idea of where to start.

With the prefabs, since they are foundations, the other request I saw on Reddit was the option of a foundation version and non foundation version of prefabs. In my specific case above, I want the BOS Field Station to sit on top of the concrete. It's reminiscent of FO1 and FO Tactics with what I was going for.

I do like the prefabs though since my earlier attempts at camps ate up my budget really quickly.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:
1 hour ago, RGBIII said:
Just bought this after putting in about 500 hours into fallout 4. The multiplayer aspect always scared me off. Any advice or suggestions? Pretty cool having a dev on surly. PS Give us Fallout 5 soon please

What system are you on?

PS4

Go slow. Enjoy the new story content. Always join a Public Team. Play in the events. Do your daily quests. Engage with Seasons and track your daily and weekly challenges. Especially play when double XP weekends are active. Ask for help. We have a great community. Friend me on PSN: sneakysajud

Read Inside the Vault - https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/m23xAAQCQhLo2qSb0DUZ0/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-steel-dawn-dev-dive-and-november-events

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 6:03 AM, crony said:

Was this how it all went down initially?

That's a pretty good run down of  how it initially went.  I heavily, heavily played the game at launch and for about 8 months.  I didn't encounter all the bugs they listed, and I encountered other stuff like broken events/quests, but yeah...there was a lot of repetition and lack of content once you finished the rather short main questline.  There was pretty much just nukes to launch/farm, and I guess decorate your C.A.M.P. while trying to achieve the impossible task of not overloading your Stash Box.

By all accounts the game is better now, but I honestly gave up and haven't been back.  It felt like there wasn't a good effort to correct the problems in those 8 months and in ways Bethesda really was shooting themselves in the foot and further pissing off a lot of players along the way.  Some of the nerfs in that period were blatant moves to force people into the Atomic Store.  As an example, I was running a full melee build character where I took quite a few points I normally would spend in combat/damage and instead sunk a lot into crafting armor and repairs.  The repairs in particular helped our group of friends playing because it helped reduce the cost of rare materials it took to repair some items.  These perks got heavily nerfed about the time the repair kits were introduced into the game...pretty shitty move, especially when you consider some players had given up combat related perk points or built their characters to specially use those perks.

Anyway, the bugs, the lack of NPCs, discounting the game a week after release, a lot of it was just another slap in the face for some longtime Fallout fans.  Again, as I understand it the game is in a much better place now, but I just don't have the time or energy to get back into it.  I've been rather disappointed with Bethesda's foray into Fallout to date.  They seem to be getting away from RPG elements that were always part of the original titles, like the Karma system and giving you choices in how you completed quests.  Even the dialogue in 76 and Fallout 4 may resemble multiple choices, but often the answers all lead to the same result, much like the "But thou must!" trope.  Here's hoping that Bethesda being under the same umbrella as Obsidian leads to something more like New Vegas.  That's the best Fallout title to come out since Bethesda took over the IP, and it was Obsidian that actually put that one together.

Edited by ulukinatme
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We've been super busy since the end of last year, so I haven't been able to follow up here. Hope you guys are enjoying the Pip-Boy QoL changes and the wide range of other fixes across the game in the last patch.

A lot of great stuff coming your way in the next patch, including some really good work on the Daily Ops side of things. We have some really good combinations now, plus some new locations, and you should find it A LOT easier to handle Resilient enemies with some of the melee changes going in.

• 2 months later...

It's been a long 6 months leading up to the Locked and Loaded update with all of us working from home and in quarantine, but we're still knocking out these releases! I don't know how many of you are still playing, or planning to play, but today we launched the latest update and all the notes can be found here: https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/5RiAu8JrYvPtdow8jeunls/fallout-76-locked-and-loaded-update-notes-april-27-2021

I'm super excited about this latest update and I hope you all enjoy it as well. With the exception of the CAMP Slots, my teams worked on all of the other major noted features in this release, so any feedback you have, please throw my way.

We'll also be releasing some additional info on the future patches in the coming week. Hope you all enjoy.

Edited by LonghornJudas
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://kotaku.com/fallout-76-player-becomes-a-jacuzzi-serial-killer-in-ga-1847101667?utm_campaign=Kotaku&utm_content=1623781816&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=facebook

Fallout 76 Player Becomes A Jacuzzi Serial Killer In-Game
The Bethesda game continues to be home to the most unusual fans

Patricia Hernandez
Tuesday 1:30PM

• 2 years later...

Just hopping in here to say I finished Fallout 4 this week and it was a lot of fun. I don't play many games any more, and this is only the 2nd game I've "finished" in the past decade, after RDR2 (otherwise just mostly play FIFA, and looking forward to NCAA returning). I was completely new to Fallout until a few months ago, and now I get it. Unfortunately 76 doesn't seem too great so idk if I'll give it a chance, but Fallout 4 was a fun ride.