The Official “Bitch About FOX and their asstastic coverage of the World Cup” Thread

Goo Punch

It’s already begun with the ads they're running. It’s like they’re advertising for a monster truck rally or an MTV Rock n Jock game. Instead of playing it classy like Wimbledon or something it’s fucking “WORLD CUP!!!! NEYMAR AND MESSI AND ROCK MUSIC AND ROBOTS!!!! FOOOOOOX!!!!”

Fuckinf stupid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IPoopOnWhoop said:

I would have thought SiriusXMFC would have the games, but if not them then Fox Sports radio should have them.  I know that I listened to the U20 World Cup on my way to work on Fox last year.

Shit, I'm reading that the ONLY radio -- in the whole country -- will be the spanish-language broadcast (I can listen in spanish, but they move fast enough that my spanish has a hard time keeping up).  I can listen via BBC, but I need to get a VPN hookup to do so.

Sometimes, this country sucks.

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Shit, I'm reading that the ONLY radio -- in the whole country -- will be the spanish-language broadcast (I can listen in spanish, but they move fast enough that my spanish has a hard time keeping up).  I can listen via BBC, but I need to get a VPN hookup to do so.

Sometimes, this country sucks.

Is the Hola Internet extension sufficient for the BBC? 

9 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Just watch it on Univision

Even if your Spanish is shit, this is the answer.  They used to also be about 10 seconds ahead during the broadcast.  Not sure why, but I just assumed the nobody complained to the FCC when watching Spanish channels.

You may not understand the pregame show, but the dancing girls will be more informative than anything those fucks on Fox could provide anyway. 

To say Fox is “sending” its team to Russia, however, is not quite right – and this is perhaps the biggest problem of all with how the network plans to cover the World Cup. Only four of the match-day commentators – John Strong, Stu Holden, JP Dellacamera and Tony Meola, seeing as no one asked – will actually be in situ for the matches they cover; the rest of the games, the vast bulk of them, will be called off regular camera feeds from a studio in Los Angeles. 

Cool...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/11/fox-sports-world-cup-coverage

23 hours ago, crackamacgowski said:

Just because a commentator has an American accent doesn’t automatically mean the commentary must devolve into a series of embarrassing Bob Bradleyisms: it’s possible to be smart and American at the same time. 

lulz ouch

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Stanis.png

Sowed.

And not sure what you talked about - he would have been just another shitty play by play man for Fox.

Well that's embarrassing.

And I thought it was obvious that the Gus Johnson thing was a joke.  He was terrible calling Champions League.

11 minutes ago, MoJames said:

ESPN had a nice poll of the top 50 players in the World Cup.  Falcao made the cut.

Salah is #7 behind Kane and Suarez. All bets are off.

Pogba is #20. I'm guessing they don't actually watch soccer.

Edited by Cheeseweasel

On 6/10/2018 at 11:24 PM, Goo Punch said:

It’s already begun with the ads they're running. It’s like they’re advertising for a monster truck rally or an MTV Rock n Jock game. Instead of playing it classy like Wimbledon or something it’s fucking “WORLD CUP!!!! NEYMAR AND MESSI AND ROCK MUSIC AND ROBOTS!!!! FOOOOOOX!!!!”

Fuckinf stupid.

Soccer isnt classy.  In the UK it's the working class sport.  The Wimbledon crowd watched rugby.

1 minute ago, ScottishHorn said:

Soccer isnt classy.  In the UK it's the working class sport.  The Wimbledon crowd watched rugby.

Don't treat the World Cup like it's Monday Night RAW. This isn't wrestling or American tackle football- the best teams and best players have class and style; it's not about big hits and bright lights and explosions...well it's not supposed to be anyway, but it is now that it's on FOX.

Only caught the last 10 minutes of Peru-Denmark, but that was about as much as I can stand of that commentator..  He is so, so bad.  Just like he was in the last tournament with FOX.  How did they keep him on their crew?

Definitely going to Telemundo for the rest of his games.