Flamethrower control

bernorange

Looks like it's time s coming...

14pjBYQTd0eL0y7fBDT1Yg?w=684&q=75&h=386.

It turns out, Elon Musk's flamethrower idea was not a joke as Musk’s Boring Co. delivers first 1,000 flamethrowers to customers.

Six months after Elon Musk raised the eyebrows of sane people everywhere by announcing his Boring Co. would sell flamethrowers for $500 a pop, the first 1,000 deliveries were made Saturday for customers who showed up at the company’s headquarters in Hawthorne, Calif.

The flamethrowers went like, well, flaming hotcakes when they went on sale in late January, selling out in just four days. In all, 20,000 were sold, raising about $10 million in revenue for Musk’s tunnel-boring startup. The devices, technically called “Not a Flamethrower” to skirt federal shipping regulations, shoot a two-foot flame.

Despite concerns about the wisdom of allowing personal flamethrowers in wildfire-prone California, state legislators last month shelved legislation that would have required them to come with a safety warning.

More:  https://www.themaven.net/mishtalk/economics/musk-delivers-1-000-not-a-flamethrower-units-20-000-sold-at-500-each-XHh-hgVCMES8bFNvYv_QQA/

Despite concerns about the wisdom of allowing personal flamethrowers in wildfire-prone California, state legislators last month shelved legislation that would have required them to come with a safety warning.

A warning would be enough to make idiots smart, and bad people good?

Edited by Parliament

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Musk is a fucking charlatan. His collapse will be Enron-like 

Eh, Space-X is definitely not a charlatan. They are taking over the space launch industry with some damn impressive stuff. 

1 minute ago, Parliament said:

Yeah, the only thing he has that has potential to show profit anytime soon is Space X.  Maybe?

Profit is overrated. Ask Bezos how he built up Amazon (yes, now profitable many years later). 

• Like 1

Tesla profits were supposed to fund Space X, and that is not exactly working out according to plan.

Wozniak is not a fan 

"I will tell you, that car does so little," says Wozniak. "Everything I read told me every other car manufacturer in the world — the Audi's the BMW and all — were actually ahead of Tesla for self driving cars." Instead, other car companies are ahead of Tesla when it comes to self-driving, according to Wozniak.

3 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

"I will tell you, that car does so little," says Wozniak. "Everything I read told me every other car manufacturer in the world — the Audi's the BMW and all — were actually ahead of Tesla for self driving cars." Instead, other car companies are ahead of Tesla when it comes to self-driving, according to Wozniak.

Care to interpret this shit?  i read it multiple times and it does not make a lick of sense.

14 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Yeah, but Bezos’s idea had the potential to basically take over the world’s business sector.   Musk sells vanity electric cars and space tourism.

Uh, every other car manufacturer is pursuing high-end electric vehicles now because of Musk. I mean, it might not take over the world, but let's not act like Tesla hasn't had an out-sized impact on the car industry. And Space-X isn't space tourism, it is quite literally taking over the launch industry and essentially kicked Russia out of the market (the same Russia that owned the market for years). And its doing things that the bloated United Launch Alliance had said was impossible up until the very moment Space X did it. The flamethrower is just a marketing gimmick, and I thought that has been pretty clear from the get go. 

Edited by Dahobbs

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Yeah in the context of the article it makes a little more sense. Audi and BMW are ahead of Tesla in self-driving tech. 

So they are ahead of Tesla in both self driving technology AND real life application in the development of self-driving cars?

Just now, slorch said:

So they are ahead of Tesla in both self driving technology AND real life application in the development of self-driving cars?

They are waiting to deliver something that can actually do what Musk has been falsely claiming his can do. Once they roll out with theirs it will be all over for Tesla. 

I've got nothing against Tesla. I do have something against false messiahs. 

17 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I admit I’m not well versed in flamethrower regulatory law, or bird law for that matter, but how does naming something “not a flamethrower” possibly get you around federal shipping regulations like the article claims?

It almost certainly has to do with the fuel-type and flame size, not the name.

I was dismayed to learn this weekend about a Tesla employee who had conducted quite extensive and damaging sabotage to our operations. This included making direct code changes to the Tesla Manufacturing Operating System under false usernames and exporting large amounts of highly sensitive Tesla data to unknown third parties.

The full extent of his actions are not yet clear, but what he has admitted to so far is pretty bad. His stated motivation is that he wanted a promotion that he did not receive. In light of these actions, not promoting him was definitely the right move.

However, there may be considerably more to this situation than meets the eye, so the investigation will continue in depth this week. We need to figure out if he was acting alone or with others at Tesla and if he was working with any outside organizations.

As you know, there are a long list of organizations that want Tesla to die. These include Wall Street short-sellers, who have already lost billions of dollars and stand to lose a lot more. Then there are the oil & gas companies, the wealthiest industry in the world — they don't love the idea of Tesla advancing the progress of solar power & electric cars. Don't want to blow your mind, but rumor has it that those companies are sometimes not super nice. Then there are the multitude of big gas/diesel car company competitors. If they're willing to cheat so much about emissions, maybe they're willing to cheat in other ways?

Most of the time, when there is theft of goods, leaking of confidential information, dereliction of duty or outright sabotage, the reason really is something simple like wanting to get back at someone within the company or at the company as a whole. Occasionally, it is much more serious.

Please be extremely vigilant, particularly over the next few weeks as we ramp up the production rate to 5k/week. This is when outside forces have the strongest motivation to stop us.

If you know of, see or suspect anything suspicious, please send a note to with as much info as possible. This can be done in your name, which will be kept confidential, or completely anonymously.

Looking forward to having a great week with you as we charge up the super exciting ramp to 5000 Model 3 cars per week!

Will follow this up with emails every few days describing the progress and challenges of the Model 3 ramp.

Thanks for working so hard to make Tesla successful,
Elon

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/18/elon-musk-email-employee-conducted-extensive-and-damaging-sabotage.html

Edited by Sidney Sherman