Bourdain on the Red-Blue Divide

MaybeACoordinator

52 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct.  When the options are:

Fight clean -- WE ALL LOSE

Fight dirty -- WE ALL LOSE

then "negative" is the order of the day.  There is no winning move left.  The die is cast, and those are our choices.

No point in re-education camps.  Nothing will do any good.  We're just in for a cycle of one team being in control so they can inflict pain on the other team, and the only thing that can stop that is the OTHER team wresting control away and inflicting pain on the first team.  Lather, rinse, repeat, and enjoy!

You are a completely different person on this forum. I enjoy your posts (for the most part , ha!) on all of the other forums but this one has created some sort of disease that you can't turn off. (By the way not just you but a lot of people on the Politics forum)

I am not kidding you really should do what Tony did and go out and meet a shit ton of new people, no preconceived notion or judgments, go have a beer shoot the shit, ask people how their day was, etc. Learn, grow, accept. 

Because this forum isn't healthy for anyone who lives here and dishes out and reads all the hate that is here.

Good luck.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I REMAIN devoted to facts, logic, and reason. 

You are dominated by your emotions.  The only person I know who comes close to your level of hysterics is a 70 year old retired lady who mainlines fox news for 10 hours a day.   You are devoted to nothing more than validating your own emotions and feelings. 

It's sad what's happened to you.  You went from a thoughtful and rational poster to someone with the emotional fortitude of a purse chihuahua.  

9 minutes ago, Aphelion said:

You are dominated by your emotions.  The only person I know who comes close to your level of hysterics is a 70 year old retired lady who mainlines fox news for 10 hours a day.   You are devoted to nothing more than validating your own emotions and feelings. 

It's sad what's happened to you.  You went from a thoughtful and rational poster to someone with the emotional fortitude of a purse chihuahua.  

Sure I did.  That's what happens when facts, logic, and reason are burned to the ground.  They don't.  Fucking.  Matter.

I personally think it's insane that people are watching what's happening and NOT seeing it as a complete fucking multidimensional disaster that we will never recover from, even if things go well after 2020.

17 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

You are a completely different person on this forum. I enjoy your posts (for the most part , ha!) on all of the other forums but this one has created some sort of disease that you can't turn off. (By the way not just you but a lot of people on the Politics forum)

I am not kidding you really should do what Tony did and go out and meet a shit ton of new people, no preconceived notion or judgments, go have a beer shoot the shit, ask people how their day was, etc. Learn, grow, accept. 

Because this forum isn't healthy for anyone who lives here and dishes out and reads all the hate that is here.

Good luck.  

I have.  I deal with people from all walks of life, from extremes on the political spectrum and all points between, from countries all over the world.  Seriously, my spectrum of encounters is pretty damned broad.  I get along with everyone.  Except Trumpkins.  They can't be reasoned with.  They are narrowminded, cruel people with no sense of human decency.

Oh, and Sooners.  I have a tough time dealing with them, too.

I have always had a very low tolerance for petty cruelty and meanness.  Maybe that's a weakness on my part -- if so, I confess.  I just can't stomach a movement built on that.  I can't.  And I won't.  Ever.

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Sure I did.  That's what happens when facts, logic, and reason are burned to the ground.  They don't.  Fucking.  Matter.

I personally think it's insane that people are watching what's happening and NOT seeing it as a complete fucking multidimensional disaster that we will never recover from, even if things go well after 2020.

What exactly is crippling our country now that hasn't been done in the past? How is the country and the typical US citizen worse off than 18 months ago.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I love Bourdain.  I used to think the way he did.

But he was wrong.  I know such people.  I'm related to several such people.  We've tried to understand them.  We've tried to listen to them, understand them, and reason with them.  It can't be done.  The Trumpkins do not speak facts, logic, and reason.  They speak only in terms of anger, cruelty, and joy in the suffering of others. 

They can't be converted -- I'm not even talking about converting them to some other side of the political spectrum; I'm simply talking about converting them to a world of facts and logic.  It can't be done, so trying to do so is an utter and complete waste of time.  100% waste of time.  Effectively ZERO Trumpkins will ever change.  They have tied their entire self-worth - and there ain't much there - to the success of their orange God.  That means that they can never back off of that, because that would admit failure, and deplete the minimal self-worth that they have.  They'd sooner die.  They NEED to see others suffer.  They NEED to revel in cruelty.  They aren't going up.  So others must suffer.

Time to speak their language.

And the country will be destroyed because of it.  The cycle can't end.  It can only get faster, and worse.

I get so confused with social justice lingo I can't remember if this is stereotyping or profiling.

2 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

What exactly is crippling our country now that hasn't been done in the past? How is the country and the typical US citizen worse off than 18 months ago.  

The mean tweets are causing bodies to pile up in the streets!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This may come as a surprise to you, but around 158 years ago the country divided into two and went to physical war against one another in what is known as the civil war.  It's true they didn't post mean-spirited memes and say condescending things to each other on message boards and social media, so we do have those significant hurdles that they didn't have to deal with; but they did have muskets and bayonets and cannons and they used them to decapitate and disembowel each other and generally just tried to massacre one another with in a rather brutal fashion; and beyond this they were sometimes even impolite and would say hateful and insulting things to one another, even directly to each other's face.  It was pretty horrific.  You could see how the whole thing could get pretty heated, somewhat similar to how heated you can get when you have to talk with someone who voted for Trump.  So even in the past the country had to deal with the significant obstacles similar to what you have to put up with on a day to day basis.

But the good news is that the country survived the civil war.  So there is hope that the country may survive our modern day equivalent with the message board battles, even though there will be many unfortunate casualties like all wars must have.   

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

So now we've reached the point of making a joke of someone's suicide.  A'merca

No, we've done that since at the very least Kurt Cobain.  Hell, that kind of humor is what opened the door for Denis Leary's career.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Aphelion said:

Thank you. 

Brisket, listen to this man. You are not well. 

22 minutes ago, ScottishHorn said:

It can take time for the effects of ingesting polonium to show up.  The damage here is long-term.

13 minutes ago, Aphelion said:

This may come as a surprise to you, but around 158 years ago the country divided into two and went to physical war against one another in what is known as the civil war.  It's true they didn't post mean-spirited memes and say condescending things to each other on message boards and social media, so we do have those significant hurdles that they didn't have to deal with; but they did have muskets and bayonets and cannons and they used them to decapitate and disembowel each other and generally just tried to massacre one another with in a rather brutal fashion; and beyond this they were sometimes even impolite and would say hateful and insulting things to one another, even directly to each other's face.  It was pretty horrific.  You could see how the whole thing could get pretty heated, somewhat similar to how heated you can get when you have to talk with someone who voted for Trump.  So even in the past the country had to deal with the significant obstacles similar to what you have to put up with on a day to day basis.

But the good news is that the country survived the civil war.  So there is hope that the country may survive our modern day equivalent with the message board battles, even though there will be many unfortunate casualties like all wars must have.   

Oh, this country -- the USA -- will continue to exist.  We're just going to be a much shittier version of our former self.  A civil war might actually be better - we either die or survive, no ambiguity.  What we have now is a chronic, long-term debilitating illness.  We will simply be weaker, a less desirable place to live, and ultimately, poorer.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It can take time for the effects of ingesting polonium to show up.  The damage here is long-term.

Yeah lead poisoning to, get help.  There is rarely anything long term in a presidency other than SCOTUS appointments.  

Edited by Onboard 2.0

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You think that what's happening is acceptable.

And I'm the one who's unwell.  Sure.

Purse. Chihuahua. 

It suits you, you know.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, this country -- the USA -- will continue to exist.  We're just going to be a much shittier version of our former self.  A civil war might actually be better - we either die or survive, no ambiguity.  What we have now is a chronic, long-term debilitating illness.  We will simply be weaker, a less desirable place to live, and ultimately, poorer.

The civil war focused on real issues and real problems.  The civil rights movement focused on real issues and real problems.   The problems today are not problems of substance.  They are created for the sole purpose of division and money.  People go into public service now to get rich, not serve.  CEO's used to make 7 times what their avg. employee makes, now they make 100+.  These are substantive problems, not crying racism if you disagree with someone's opinion.  All the crying going on about stupid shit is stupid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I have a much deeper voice.

You think that what's happening is okay.

And I'm the one to be criticized.  Pot, kettle, etc.

If you are asking (I can't tell, you project and assume so much it's hard to know what you've already decided is true and trying to backwards engineer and what you are open to hearing), no I don't think Trump and the Trump-train of the last 18 months is acceptable. I don't really care, to be honest, and I have to admit in my weaker moments it makes me laugh at people who are absolutely losing their minds with the derangement syndrome.

Just now, ScottishHorn said:

The civil war focused on real issues and real problems.  The civil rights movement focused on real issues and real problems.   The problems today are not problems of substance.  They are created for the sole purpose of division and money.  People go into public service now to get rich, not serve.  CEO's used to make 7 times what their avg. employee makes, now they make 100+.  These are substantive problems, not crying racism if you disagree with someone's opinion.  All the crying going on about stupid shit is stupid.

How about demonizing and  alienating our greatest allies, abandoning critical economic and strategic spaces to our enemies, BOTH of whom will fill the void, and we won't be able to get the space back?  Anything going on there, or just nothing at all?

Question -- if Trump's not a big deal, how come ya'll are sucking his dick and celebrating so hard?

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

If you are asking (I can't tell, you project and assume so much it's hard to know what you've already decided is true and trying to backwards engineer and what you are open to hearing), no I don't think Trump and the Trump-train of the last 18 months is acceptable. I don't really care, to be honest, and I have to admit in my weaker moments it makes me laugh at people who are absolutely losing their minds with the derangement syndrome.

How'd you feel when the Trumpkins, in clairvoyant projection, declared Obama the greatest threat the Republic has ever seen? I presume you had similar thoughts?  Bullshit.  You're another weak-minded enabler.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

How'd you feel when the Trumpkins, in clairvoyant projection, declared Obama the greatest threat the Republic has ever seen? I presume you had similar thoughts?  Bullshit.  You're another weak-minded enabler.

You are right, I had similar thoughts. It was ridiculous and hilarious to laugh at their derangement syndrome and conspiracy theories. You are the purse chihuahua heads to their tails; the flip side of the coin. 

Good luck out there, it's a scary world for little guys.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

How about demonizing and  alienating our greatest allies, abandoning critical economic and strategic spaces to our enemies, BOTH of whom will fill the void, and we won't be able to get the space back?  Anything going on there, or just nothing at all?

Question -- if Trump's not a big deal, how come ya'll are sucking his dick and celebrating so hard?

They are big boys and girls.  They can take it.  It's all a game.  The stories you hear is just to shape your opinion.  It has obviously worked.  

• Haha 1

You can tell when the Trumpkins click on over here after huffing the fumes over at R/thedonald. 

Domestically, we are seeing the first steps in disenfranchising the poor. Other states will follow Ohio's lead.

Abroad, we have no allies of substance now. Trump is doing his level best to trash a grand alliance that has endured for 70 years in some cases and much longer than that in others.

Just now, ScottishHorn said:

They are big boys and girls.  They can take it.  It's all a game.  The stories you hear is just to shape your opinion.  It has obviously worked.  

Yes, it's a game.  Always has been.  "stories" don't shape my opinion -- facts do.   You know, facts.  Those things that USED to exist.

It is a game.  The stakes are kinda high, though.  History books out front shoulda told you.  You shit on your allies, you burn a lotta credibility and goodwill.  Next time we need a favor -- and gosh, we do come asking pretty damned often -- I suspect the atmosphere will be significantly less charitable.

If none of it mattered, why would they be engaging in it at all?  

You think that shitting on our allies and doing the bidding of our enemies is going to lead to good things.  You think that a toddler negotiating with grownups will lead to good long-term outcomes.  I don't.

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

You can tell when the Trumpkins click on over here after huffing the fumes over at R/thedonald. 

Domestically, we are seeing the first steps in disenfranchising the poor. Other states will follow Ohio's lead.

Abroad, we have no allies of substance now. Trump is doing his level best to trash a grand alliance that has endured for 70 years in some cases and much longer than that in others.

The sheer uninformed ignorance of your post astounds me. No allies ?  Jesus our alliances thru military and diplomatic channels will not miss a beat, and are as strong as ever. The career people who run day to day gov't. are just as in touch with our allies today as when Mr. O. was in the house.

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

The sheer uninformed ignorance of your post astounds me. No allies ?  Jesus our alliances thru military and diplomatic channels will not miss a beat, and are as strong as ever. The career people who run day to day gov't. are just as in touch with our allies today as when Mr. O. was in the house.

Keep telling yourself that. 

15 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Multi year, sub 2% growth, and a president who said we'd never get jobs back in our economy.

He was telling people the truth about the the jobs. They aren't coming back. And that 2% growth is probably going to be the norm from here on out, so we should all get used to it.

Edited by David Dennison

Just now, David Dennison said:

He was telling people the truth about the the jobs. They aren't coming back. And that 2% growth is probably going to be the norm from here on out, so we should all get used to it.?  

Was that a truth like your can keep your doctor, and standby for Ed Mcmahon to stop by and gIve you a $2500 check every year.  You'll have to excuse me if I have reservations about anything the man says about economics or money.

He knew nothing then, nor now (probably still) about economics, and it showed his entire time in office. He Never had much to say about expanding our economy.

Presidents get credit and curses for our economy, but at least doing a few things thru regulatory action has kicked our economy into a higher gear.

12 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Was that a truth like your can keep your doctor, and standby for Ed Mcmahon to stop by and gIve you a $2500 check every year.  You'll have to excuse me if I have reservations about anything the man says about economics or money.

He knew nothing then, nor now (probably still) about economics, and it showed his entire time in office. He Never had much to say about expanding our economy.

Presidents get credit and curses for our economy, but at least doing a few things thru regulatory action has kicked our economy into a higher gear.

He's going to go down in history as one of this country's better presidents.

You should get used to that.

35 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

You are right, I had similar thoughts. It was ridiculous and hilarious to laugh at their derangement syndrome and conspiracy theories. You are the purse chihuahua heads to their tails; the flip side of the coin. 

Good luck out there, it's a scary world for little guys.

you sure post like a fucking prick

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

He's going to go down in history as one of this country's better presidents.

You should get used to that.

Heeeeeey good for you.  I guess now lies are what it takes to be a good president ?  He did nothing but write a very large check. That and the ACA are his two big ticket achievements. He'll go down as somebody who wasn't a bad president to be sure, after his 5th year maybe.

Oh hey big props for just flat out ignoring the2 big  economic lies he foisted on 350 million people..

Edited by Onboard 2.0

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Heeeeeey good for you.  I guess now lies are what it takes to be a good president ?  He did nothing but write a very large check. That and the ACA are his two big ticket achievements. He'll go down as somebody who wasn't a bad president to be sure, after his 5th year maybe.

No, he'll go down as one of the better ones. Because he was. 

32 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes, it's a game.  Always has been.  "stories" don't shape my opinion -- facts do.   You know, facts.  Those things that USED to exist.

It is a game.  The stakes are kinda high, though.  History books out front shoulda told you.  You shit on your allies, you burn a lotta credibility and goodwill.  Next time we need a favor -- and gosh, we do come asking pretty damned often -- I suspect the atmosphere will be significantly less charitable.

If none of it mattered, why would they be engaging in it at all?  

You think that shitting on our allies and doing the bidding of our enemies is going to lead to good things.  You think that a toddler negotiating with grownups will lead to good long-term outcomes.  I don't.

i don't haven't the slightest idea why you are trying to interact with posters who offer nothing but condescending BS. its a fucking disease. ignore them.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

No, he'll go down as one of the better ones. Because he was. 

yeah, no he won't.  he's strictly a middle of the packer.  Being the first black president (second actually). doesn't mean you did anything for the country that makes you a top president.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

yeah, no he won't.  he's strictly a middle of the packer.  Being the first black president (second actually). doesn't mean you did anything for the country that makes you a top president.

Well, he was the best in my lifetime and I was born during the Nixon administration.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Well, he was the best in my lifetime and I was born during the Nixon administration.

Well then maybe you were asleep during the Reagan years cause I don't think Mr.Obama is gonna supplant him.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

Just now, staboner said:

i don't haven't the slightest idea why you are trying to interact with posters who offer nothing but condescending BS. its a fucking disease. ignore them.

Have you kept up with Brisket's posting recently.  He isn't bringing much value add these days.  Mostly projection and eeyoring. 

Edited by Anastasis

Just now, David Dennison said:

Ronald Reagan should have been impeached for his role in Iran-Contra. He knowingly broke the law.

And Mr. Obama weaponizing the IRS was a bake sale.  His obstruction of justice on the Hillary Clinton server issue would be a no no as well, but hey he's the best.....

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And Mr. Obama weaponizing the IRS was a bake sale.  His obstruction of justice on the Hillary Clinton server issue would be a no no as well, but hey he's the best.....

You're always on the wrong end of the big bad liberal conspiracies, aren't you snowflake? It's so unfair.

19 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Have you kept up with Brisket's posting recently.  He isn't bringing much value add these days.  Mostly projection and eeyoring. 

Meh.  I bring you the value you deserve.

Kinda like we get the government we deserve.

This shit sandwich is what you signed up for.  Now, eat up.

32 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

eh. there are people who are pissed off and angry but coming from a genuinely good place.  and there are people who feed on it. the later tends to get me going a bit more than the former.