The University of Texas @ Omaha, Session #36

TrashMaster G

silly question, somewhat addressed above...but we're for sure on the Sunday side of things?  I get the logic being that we all finish today instead of yesterday, but ESPN still fucks with shit and sets their own schedule.  But conventional wisdom...Sunday at 1 or 6?  I would think Texas v. an SEC team would be slightly more attractive than Tech/Duke---AUB/FLA...but what do we know?  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

silly question, somewhat addressed above...but we're for sure on the Sunday side of things?  I get the logic being that we all finish today instead of yesterday, but ESPN still fucks with shit and sets their own schedule.  But conventional wisdom...Sunday at 1 or 6?  I would think Texas v. an SEC team would be slightly more attractive than Tech/Duke---AUB/FLA...but what do we know?  

ESPN will fuck us over to help the SEC. It is known. 

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yes.  The brackets in Omaha are lined up with the Super Regionals.  The ones that started last Friday are in the bracket that starts play in Omaha on Saturday:  North Carolina, Oregon State, Washington and Miss State.

The 4 Supers that finish today are in the bracket that starts on Sunday in Omaha:  Texas, Texas Tech/Duke, Florida/Auburn and Arkansas/USC

Edited by TrashMaster G

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not real fond of having to (possibly) get by the Gators, but the rest?  I'll take it.

Wish it could have lined up for the Horns to face the Gators in the finals.  Good things happen for us in that situation.

Edited by utee94

Aggie fans to Kendall, "How do write up Aggie baseball so well?"  

KEndall: "I think of the UT program, and I take away coaching and accountability."  

Edited by Lobo

This is your reminder that if you haven't been to Omaha, and if you're considering Omaha, GO TO FUCKING OMAHA.

I don't have to say anything to the people who have already been there, because they're busy working on flights/hotels/etc as we speak. You do not miss this. Go, even if you can only catch a game or two. Go go go.

I'll see you at Slowdown on Sunday.

• Like 4

I missed the super regional games due to kids games and travel, but I am so proud of this team. I doubted this team early on, particularly the pitching, but I’ll be damned if our pitching hasn’t improved dramatically in the post season.

If you would have told me in February we would go to Omaha with this roster, I would have said no way. We have over achieved in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Hats off to the coaches and the team.

Let’s see what we can do in Omaha.

Have a driving trip with my boys planned for Zion National Park from this Friday through the Saturday after next - basically the heart of the tournament minus the final.  Highly likely I don’t reroute to Omaha this year but I did just reserve rooms in council bluffs just in case.

Edited by troph

43 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

One game at a time.
South Carolina beats arky tonight.
Things work out for us when we play them in the CWS as well.

New coach, too.  Plenty of experience, though, with a CWS title as an assistant at Miami.  Not all that different than Pierce although at least DP is in his 2nd season.

This is your reminder that if you haven't been to Omaha, and if you're considering Omaha, GO TO FUCKING OMAHA.
I don't have to say anything to the people who have already been there, because they're busy working on flights/hotels/etc as we speak. You do not miss this. Go, even if you can only catch a game or two. Go go go.
I'll see you at Slowdown on Sunday.
Yup...lived there with ex for 8 years
Been to the slowdown quite a bit

Sucks for all the ones that didnt make it to rosenblatt...liked it better there and the yard parties and drinking in the church across the street

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk