General non-professional golf thread

EMAWesome

I didn't see anything devoted to us amateurs as far as golf threads go.  This is such a stupid game we entertain ourselves with.  I just got back from playing one of the Topeka public courses and shot the strangest round I've shot in a long time.  7-6-3-4-4-6-5-4-6=45 on the front nine (15 putts, 18 feet of putts made)  3-5-7-7-7-3-4-3-4=43 on the back nine (14 putts, 73 feet of putts made, made 20 ft putt to save par on 10, made a 30 ft putt to save par on 15).  8 is a 135 yd par 3 over a pond.  I hit my first tee shot off to the right where it rattled off a tree and disappeared.  I hit my next four tee shots in the water before getting across.  Found my first tee shot off in a clearing where I could not see it from the tee box and made bogey instead of X.  Parred arguably the five hardest holes on the course without being on one of them for a birdie.  Wasn't on a single green in regulation until the 16th hole. Tripled bogied two under 400 yard par 4s, and played the three par 5s in five over par.   Ended up with 8 pars, four bogies, four doubles, and two triples.  I hit four screaming duck slices with one 9-iron and three wedges from under 125 yards.   With the same wedges I made up and down from 50 to 75 yards off the green three times.  I can look at my scorecard and not understand how I didn't break 80 and I can look at it and not understand how I broke 95.