Mailing a winning ticket to Vegas?

IPoopOnWhoop

Eight weeks is a long time.  I've done this a handful of times over the years and don't remember the exact timeframe but more like 2-3 weeks. 

Although...when Dallas won the NBA championship a few years back, my brother and I both left LV on the night of the last game of the series, we both bet Dallas, we both mailed in our tickets and my check got mailed to my brother.  We live in different states with obviously completely different addresses.  So it's not an infallible process.   You...uh...made a copy of your ticket, right?

I took pictures of it before I sent it.  It wasn’t a huge amount of money, but I have definitely been looking forward to getting it.  I guess I’ll be calling them later today.  The other thing is I just won a futures bet on the Caps to win the Stanley Cup and am a little apprehensive about sending that one back (although this one is from William hill instead of mgm)

I always followed the instructions on the back of the ticket- send the ticket in certified mail, with a copy for myself.

I have always been paid very quickly with a check.

now admittedly, my bets were only paying out around $1000 profit so they never asked for SSN info, so maybe thats the hold up?

It was only a $150 ticket, and I sent it certified.  Called today and after getting sent to several wrong departments and given two wrong numbers I got the right person.  They pulled up the info quickly, confirmed the address, and said it was sent a while ago.  They issued a stop payment and I should have a new one within a week.