Michael Dickson

Machinator

44 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

He's ridiculous.

Honestly, I'll watch the Seahawks just to see him punt.

Majority of my NFL  watching last year was exclusively tied to Dickson/punting situations.  Crazy that a guy is that outstanding at what most consider a trivial position and part of the game.  The balance of my NFL interests were filled by Tucker stats.  Hook'em gents.

• Like 2

so I’m behind on the cowboys game, currently in the 2nd quarter.  no video but Dickson just punted from his own 35, ball went high, lots of hang time, 63 yards in the air (from LOS) and bounces on the 2 yard line, sideways, and basically dies, but then slowly rolls about six inches over the goal line for a touchback just before it can be downed. 

this man is the best punter to ever live. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The other time I specifically remember his unique contribution was an interview Mike Gundy gave ABC after OSU came to Austin and beat us.  Without a question, he blurted out, "Their punter nearly won the game for them".  

I've seen all of the great Texas punters going all of the way back to Russell Exrleben, John Teltschik, etc. but there is only one punter I have seen who has effectively controlled the game against a superior opponent, and that is Dickson. 

It's hard to believe a punter could have such an incredible impact.  

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...

Closing out first half in hidden yardage, Dickson punted 4 times compared to Rams punters 3 times.  Ram punters net avg. is 41, so I will pencil him in for 41 to bookend Dicksons last net of 59...difference of 18...add 18 to 35 mentioned earlier, and we have hidden yardage for Mike of + 53 yards.  Never thought of it much before, but I wonder what the record is for hidden yardage in a playoff game? Would be fun to look up some of Guys hidden yardage amounts.  Raiders were in plenty of playoff games.