Fuck piggy

Rockethorn1978

Before you go too far:  Arkansas now gets half of its incoming students from Texas (one of whom was my son last year).  Before you flame — I am a UT grad, as was one of my daughters.  In the past year, went to a couple of football games and several other events.  What I observed was:(1) there are a lot of good people there, which I attribute to the mass influx of Texans )met some nice Arkansas folks as well); but (2) there is still a vocal group of the obnoxious Pig People we all remember from SWC days.  Hopefully that will change.

Fayetteville, by the way, is a very nice college town.  Wayyyy prettier, and nicer, than CS, for example.

• Like 1

No, shockingly, it’s actually nice.  Had never been there until a little over a year ago.  NW Ark is very different than the rest of the state (and the rest of the state gives the area a lot of sh** because it is more affluent).  Lots of $$$ in Bentonville/ROgers/Fayetteville, and the campus facilities and buildings are pretty nice thanks to Walton, Jones, JB Hunt, etc.  Area is at about 1400 feet, hilly and runs about 10 degrees cooler than Austin.

Not saying its better than Austin, just that UArk and the area (1) are different than, say, Little Rock and (2) the college has changed due to influx of money and Texans.

8 hours ago, AustinMT said:

Not saying its better than Austin, just that UArk and the area (1) are different than, say, Little Rock and (2) the college has changed due to influx of money and Texans.

You're right about NW Ark and this, but it's still the case that to get into UA, you basically have to breathe.  That's about it.

16 hours ago, AustinMT said:

No, shockingly, it’s actually nice.  Had never been there until a little over a year ago.  NW Ark is very different than the rest of the state (and the rest of the state gives the area a lot of sh** because it is more affluent).  Lots of $$$ in Bentonville/ROgers/Fayetteville, and the campus facilities and buildings are pretty nice thanks to Walton, Jones, JB Hunt, etc.  Area is at about 1400 feet, hilly and runs about 10 degrees cooler than Austin.

Fayettenam has Whataburger too.  Guess that counts for something.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, phdhorn said:

You're right about NW Ark and this, but it's still the case that to get into UA, you basically have to breathe.  That's about it.

Actually, idiot, you are not correct.  Certainly easier to get into than Texas, but harder than Tech, Texas Srare, etc

Just to remind you, my son goes there

By the way , happy to compare degrees with you,  Did you get into Rice or UT Law?

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I did. Graduated in ‘01 from UT/McCombs and I can assure you it’s a better degree than anything anyone can get from fayettenam. 

Christ.  I said UT is harder to get into — can you read?  My post was that a blanket statement that Ark students are backwater is wrong, given that most are from Texas these days.  

Again, if you want to dick-measure based on our degrees and schools, you lose.

t

• Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, AustinMT said:

Christ.  I said UT is harder to get into — can you read?  My post was that a blanket statement that Ark students are backwater is wrong, given that most are from Texas these days.  

Again, if you want to dick-measure based on our degrees and schools, you lose.

t

You’re welcome to drive to my university park home and come measure it but you’ll lose.

On 6/20/2018 at 2:11 PM, AustinMT said:

It definitely is different from the rest of the state. More liberal, but that’s to be expected in an area with a heavy college influence. It does remind me of Austin in some ways, but obviously on a smaller scale. A lot of artsy and festival type stuff. 

The new Topgolf in Rogers should attract a lot of people from around the area. It should outgrow Little Rock eventually if it keeps up at the pace it’s going.

On 6/21/2018 at 4:50 PM, AustinMT said:

Actually, idiot, you are not correct.  Certainly easier to get into than Texas, but harder than Tech, Texas Srare, etc

Just to remind you, my son goes there

By the way , happy to compare degrees with you,  Did you get into Rice or UT Law?

giphy.gif

Arkansas is where all the kids from my area (LT) go when they can't get into anywhere else.
You're funny when your finger goes too far up your ass.

Also dipshit, I didn't say that Arkansas doesn't have some good students.  But that the bar is low to sweep up others.  Because Arkansas is a small state (#32) and they need bodies.  I got no problem with them doing that, only that there are a LOT more dumbfucks running around in Fayetteville than in Austin.

Arkansas is overwhelmingly known in Texas as a place for kids to go when they don't want to go to community college, mostly because Arkansas partially pays C-C-minus students to come there.  Just ask Baker Mayfield who was hanging around with some of his high school buddies on "that" weekend.

The acceptance rate into the University of Arkansas is 62%.  The acceptance rate into the University of Texas is 38%.  I'm sorry to even bring Texas into this conversation, as it's so far above  Frank Broyles U. that it's insulting, but hey, you enjoy.

Oh, Texas Tech's acceptance rate for 2018 was 62%.  Guess what Arkansas' was?  Hint:  I already posted it.

Oh, and I turned down Princeton and Yale because the girls were ugly (plus I couldn't afford it).

One thing is for sure, I could slay way more pussy than you ever could.  Not Steel Shank levels, of course (no one could ever approach that).  But man you are one uptight motherfucker!  LOL!  Anyway I hope Arkansas has a good series, because they need something to cheer about since their fat fucking retard coach left.

Careful you guys don't actually insult/question the academic integrity of Arkansas.  

Take your tampons out and skip ahead if your feelings get hurt easily:

It's a shit school in a shit state filled with shit people.  Got it?  

The Availability Heuristic is the explanation.  Because a handful of people have academic success stories, it must mean it's indicative of all cases.  

Same mental shortcut that explains why people buy lottery tickets.  Because somebody won after buying a ticket where they buy their tickets, surely that means they'll win too.