BB20

UTPhil2006

You can have whatever opinion you want of the jurors and how they voted. I'm not arguing with you about whether any juror or juries was lame. I'm saying that winning a majority of the votes of those jurors, no matter how lame they may be, is a vital part of the game and if you fail at that, then you weren't the best player at the game.

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

don't tell me what i don't understand when you don't understand the definition of the word "petty". it is a *fact* that there is literally nothing you can do about a petty jury. by definition they are being petty! hello! their reasons for voting the way they do are completely unjustified, hence the term "petty". nobody left the house with a grudge against paul, they all just decided to vote against him out of pure spite and pettiness after sitting around for weeks realizing he had outplayed them. that's not a jury management problem, by definition. that's pure pettiness, and it's simply a very very shitty and lame way to play the game. i accept that it's part of the game, but that doesn't change how ridiculous and lame it is.

Would you consider straight up disliking somebody pretty? Because if I legitimately hated Paul and every second around him in the house, I'm not giving that guy a clear path to 500k. 

Not sure how well Paul was liked personally behind the scenes but I can imagine 3 or 4 votes against were straight up dislike of the guy...probably because he got a second try at the game and guaranteed safety for a quarter of the season 

Me thinks Tyler is starting to crush on Angela big time. He needs to shove that shit to the side and refocus. He spent too much time in the HOH this week.
Probably easier to get a quick hit it and quit it now that the distraction of Rachel isnt around.

Itll probably backfire if he keeps it up. I watched a little bbad last night. Kaycee was up there with those 2. Tyler was probably mad she was

Paul lost the first time because he wouldn’t own up to a shady game.

Paul lost the second time because he treated almost every outgoing HG like shit, was the catalyst of blowouts between other HG, and the juror whom would have argued in his favor and whom probably could have swung a vote or two away from Josh, was Christmas but she wasn’t a part of the round table.

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

don't tell me what i don't understand when you don't understand the definition of the word "petty". it is a *fact* that there is literally nothing you can do about a petty jury. by definition they are being petty! hello! their reasons for voting the way they do are completely unjustified, hence the term "petty". nobody left the house with a grudge against paul, they all just decided to vote against him out of pure spite and pettiness after sitting around for weeks realizing he had outplayed them. that's not a jury management problem, by definition. that's pure pettiness, and it's simply a very very shitty and lame way to play the game. i accept that it's part of the game, but that doesn't change how ridiculous and lame it is.

I'm on your side on this.  It was you and me vs. a couple of posters arguing the other side the last time.  Let's just let it go and accept that some people see this shit in black and white, and some people see the gray that we are seeing.  But whatever we do, let's not clog this thread up with that same argument again.    At least, not until Rockstart beats Tyler 5-4 in the final vote.  Then you can bet your ass we're opening that can of worms again.  

40 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I'm on your side on this.  It was you and me vs. a couple of posters arguing the other side the last time.  Let's just let it go and accept that some people see this shit in black and white, and some people see the gray that we are seeing.  But whatever we do, let's not clog this thread up with that same argument again.    At least, not until Rockstart beats Tyler 5-4 in the final vote.  Then you can bet your ass we're opening that can of worms again.  

get off your gray high horse.

1 hour ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Tyler - Kaycee, Angela, Brett, JC, Sam

RS - Fessy, Bayleigh, Hayleigh

Scottie - toss up.

Petty or not, RS ain't winning.

That's good.  If Tyler loses to anyone in his alliance or Scottie, so be it.  I imagine by the end of this, we could make a pretty good argument for any of them except Sam.  

4 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I understand the word petty. Once again saying there is nothing you can do is 100% false. It's about managing people and knowing how to stroke egos, know who they will spend the most time in the jury house with, who you want in there that will have your back. That doesn't start 5 minutes before they are evicted, it doesn't start the week someone is on the block. You have those conversations with everyone all season long. Allowing the jury to be butt hurt and petty is 100% on the finalists. 

everything you describe involves a player *deserving* to be voted against. that does not fit the definition of petty. you are rewriting history when you say that paul was an asshole or a dickhead to everyone in the house. almost nobody left the house mad at paul, and literally nobody left the house thinking that either nichole or josh was a viable player. at the end of the day they all got together in the same house and realized that paul had outplayed them, *and for that reason alone*- not because he was mean to them, or because they didn't get along, or they weren't friends in the house, *strictly because he had played the game the best* they decided to be petty and award the money to two people who did absolutely nothing to deserve it. two seasons in a row they were all friends with paul until they realized that he was pulling the strings. had he not been pulling those strings he never would have made the final two. there was nothing else he could have done to change their minds.

Edited by Goo Punch

Well, he's right, so I doubt he will change.  For some reason, I've always figured you to be a little older.  At least not under 25.  Maybe you are and that's why you're buying into this ego stroking bullshit.  It wasn't like that when these shows started.  People came on and played the game and at the end of it, the correct winner was always chosen.  Dr. Will and Evel Dick did not manage the juries and don't try to say they did.  The problem is, to win the game now, you have to play like a pussy.  It's taken a lot of the fun out of it for the viewers.  Nobody has any balls anymore and if they do, they have no chance to win.  So yeah, you're right.  Jury management is part of it and Goo and I don't dispute that.  It's just that you can't seem to accept it's fucking petty bullshit that anyone has to spend that much effort stroking egos to win these games.    Jury management should be the 8th thing these people think about when they vote.  instead, it's the ONLY thing they think about.  

16 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

everything you describe involves a player *deserving* to be voted against. that does not fit the definition of petty. you are rewriting history when you say that paul was an asshole or a dickhead to everyone in the house. almost nobody left the house mad at paul, and literally nobody left the house thinking that either nichole or josh was a viable player. at the end of the day they all got together in the same house and realized that paul had outplayed them, *and for that reason alone*- not because he was mean to them, or because they didn't get along, or they weren't friends in the house, *strictly because he had played the game the best* they decided to be petty and award the money to two people who did absolutely nothing to deserve it. two seasons in a row they were all friends with paul until they realized that he was pulling the strings. had he not been pulling those strings he never would have made the final two. there was nothing else he could have done to change their minds.

Troof.  But Jimmy Hoffa still won't see it that way.  

On 8/2/2018 at 10:06 AM, UTPhil2006 said:

I'm gonna laugh when Brett/Angela/Kaycee (maybe Tyler -- who knows what he would do) wins HOH tonight, Bay steals their noms, one of them wins veto, Bay gets backdoored.  That is my wish for this week.

Not exactly how it went but still got the desired result.  

Now my wish for this week is Hayleigh is gonna nominate Sam and Kaycee, Tyler wins Hacker thereby not needing to use his power, takes off Kaycee and replaces with Fessy, adds himself to Veto, wins Veto, leaves veto the same, cancels Rockstars vote,  then Fessy goes home under Hayleigh's reign 5-1 or 6-0.

• Like 2

Not exactly how it went but still got the desired result.  
Now my wish for this week is Hayleigh is gonna nominate Sam and Kaycee, Tyler wins Hacker thereby not needing to use his power, takes off Kaycee and replaces with Fessy, adds himself to Veto, wins Veto, leaves veto the same, cancels Rockstars vote,  then Fessy goes home under Hayleigh's reign 5-1 or 6-0.

A lot going on there, but I just want to see the “cancels Rockstar’s vote” part. Every since she has identified herself as a victim I just want to see more of it.

12 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

"ill give out hugs, im no longer the big scary black lady"

wow.

hayleigh wins HOH. sucks her alliance is full of floaters other than scotty but should be good to shake up the other side of the house until brett or tyler win the hacker and completely wipe out their plans

Yeah harsh but true. 

As for Hayleigh's HOH she has to put up Brett and Tyler. Angela isn't a huge threat. Use her for the replacement if need be. But yes the hacker replacement, veto player and removal of a vote will be huge this week. One would hope that JC and Sam start playing the game but I doubt it. 

Edited by JimmyHoffa

40 minutes ago, Texas_Rocks said:

A lot going on there, but I just want to see the “cancels Rockstar’s vote” part. Every since she has identified herself as a victim I just want to see more of it.

In that scenario, with Hayleigh as HOH and putting Fessy up, if you cancel Rockstar they literally have no votes.

I wouldn’t call this a spoiler so I will post it, because I doubt they show it on CBS.  But apparently Sam wanted to self evict about an hour before the live show but was talked out of it by the producers.  

It’s a shame they put idiots on there that were recruited when tons of superfans would give anything to be there.

24 minutes ago, Bosco said:

I wouldn’t call this a spoiler so I will post it, because I doubt they show it on CBS.  But apparently Sam wanted to self evict about an hour before the live show but was talked out of it by the producers.  

It’s a shame they put idiots on there that were recruited when tons of superfans would give anything to be there.

Yeah she was going to refuse to vote, and then if made to vote, try to leave out the side door of the DR, ie self evict.

All because "people are mean and fake"

1 hour ago, Don Hornleone said:

Sam’s gone off the deep end. I don’t know if it’s production, or Bayliegh filled he head with lies, or this is just her crazy ass strategy, but she’s going around the house saying how much she hates Tyler and Angela now and about how they make fun of her.

Or she realized that she is being used by Tyler, Angela and the rest of their alliance. Again the house is a mind fuck I'm sure but holy shit get it together. 

22 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Regarding the bolded, first, you don't know the reason, don't pretend like you do.  You can't say what they were thinking and neither can I.  What we do know, the girls that voted for Nicole to win said they wanted a girl to win.  It was 5-4 vote.  Da'vonne was really the swing vote.  She was team Paul the whole time but admitted in the post finale interview she voted for Nicole so a girl would win.  He should have addressed that but didn't.  It probably wouldn't have helped anyway.  Sorry.
In season 19, during the final questions from the jury, Paul failed to take responsibility for getting the jury members evicted.  They wanted him to admit it but he wouldn't own it.  They didn't leave mad at Paul but figured out what happened at the jury house.  Another 5-4 vote that came down to Cody, who hated Paul from the jump, and Alex, who was all about Paul until he fucked her over.  Your horse didn't win and you're upset. 
We covered this last year so that's all I will say on the matter.  Let's see what happens this year. 

Paul isn't my horse, i'm just completely incredulous at the idea that he deserved to lose with the two people he was up against. i'm no big fan of paul, i just really really hated two complete floaters being rewarded essentially for the idea that doing nothing is better than dominating the game because you hurt the feelings of the people you beat in doing so.

4 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Or she realized that she is being used by Tyler, Angela and the rest of their alliance. Again the house is a mind fuck I'm sure but holy shit get it together. 

But that’s a position she put herself in by refusing to talk game, refusing to strategize, and flat out telling Tyler multiple times she’ll do whatever he wants in the game. So of course it looks like they just use her for votes, but that’s the role she has chosen to provide. What does she think the other side wants her for?

I think she’s jealous of Tyler’s relationship with Angela. She made a comment to him this morning that she thinks Angela is better for Tyler’s game than her and that he never checks on her enough. High school drama shit.

Spoiler

Sam is really losing her shit, paranoid as hell, even hiding out in a closet for a while. I don’t see how she can stay in the house much longer.

Was she recruited somehow to be on the show? Because she sure doesn’t act like someone who ever wanted to be there. 

The above isn’t really a spoiler regarding game status, just some Sam talk, but it does include a detail that hasn’t aired yet.

Edited by Vito Andolini

46 minutes ago, Texas_Rocks said:

Bring it, hard cores. What are the likely scenarios with the above circumstances?

Spoiler

From what I've read, Tyler is planning on taking Angela off and it appears Kaycee may go back up, but Level 6 is confident that they will be able to boot Rockstar.   

43 minutes ago, Texas_Rocks said:

Bring it, hard cores. What are the likely scenarios with the above circumstances?

This contains up to date spoilers. Don’t open if you don’t want to know current game status, things that haven’t aired.

Spoiler

On top of Kaycee winning Hacker and pulling herself off and putting Rockstar up, Tyler won OTEV and the Veto, and pulled Angela off the block. Aggy then put Kaycee back up. Level 6 is sure they can keep Kaycee safe, especially with the Hacker nullifying a vote. Yet the dumb side has 100% belief they have the numbers to save RS. She literally just tearfully hugged Kaycee after the veto meeting, and said, “I wish you weren’t going home.”: Rockstar talks more shit than anyone about how she’s going to wreak havoc on their games due to her badass play. 

The only potential crack for L6 may be Brett flipping at some point. He’s really cozying up to Hayleigh. She likes him, too, and she also like Fessy, but Fessy likes him some Fessy most of all. He spends hours, looking at his reflection, twirling his hair and imagining different hairstyles. J.C, relentlessly calls him stupid. 

So it is going to be 6 votes after 1 is taken out by the hacker correct?  I am not so sure Kaycee doesn't get booted.  JC/Sam/Scottie/Fessy....one gets removed and if they other 3 still vote Kaycee then it is a tie and Hay will boot Kaycee.   Not sure where Sam's head is at the moment since I don't watch feeds, but she could screw level 6.  

Edited by Scraps

42 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:
  Hide contents

J.C. votes with Level 6 and always has unless he’s trying to screw with the house. He wants RS out. Sam has also re-committed to Tyler to save Kaycee. The “Hive” thinks Brett is with likely with them, maybe even Tyler. They (mainly RS) are completely delusional.

Spoiler

I think this is the most likely outcome. Scottie, Aggie and Fessy should finally see that if they did fucking basic math they are getting screwed but my guess they are too fucking stupid and won't figure out the three of them vs. the rest of the house.