Gone posters

3 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Apparently I ran off @Onboard 2.0. I don't really understand what set him off, but it wasn't my intention to upset him. I sincerely hope he calms down and returns after his sabbatical. 

I haven't been following that thread, but I just looked at it and have no fucking idea what set him off.  I was way more of a dick to you a couple of weeks ago about $100K minivans than you were to him.  There's no way what you said to him was the worst thing anyone on Surly has ever said to him, so I have to assume he's got something bothering him in private, and I wish him good luck in dealing with it, but I won't miss him if he doesn't come back.  

• Hook 'Em 3

On 4/16/2022 at 1:20 PM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Attila did fuckup pretty badly, but I think his life is back on track now.  Mojito actually murdered someone so fuck that guy.

Oh man I thought you knew.  I'm sorry to report in all seriousness that Attila is no longer with us.  He passed away in September of 2021. I believe it was a heart issue and it was sudden.  If you want to PM me for some details I can get them to you.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/5/2022 at 5:46 PM, Gil Bang said:

Jade probably got tired of getting dick pics in her PMs.  

Or, she's in jail.  She was sweet in a way, but she was ghetto as fuck.  I remember her boyfriend dumping her, and she threw her coffee at the new girl's car.   And didn't she end up in reform school or some shit?   

The only thing I remember is Gary Job Corps thing...might as well have been jail.

2 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Oh man I thought you knew.  I'm sorry to report in all seriousness that Attila is no longer with us.  He passed away in September of 2021. I believe it was a heart issue and it was sudden.  If you want to PM me for some details I can get them to you.

Oh wow.  No need for details.  I know his name since we used to email each other long ago.  Thanks for letting me know.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

The only thing I remember is Gary Job Corps thing...might as well have been jail.

Yeah, her Dad...he seemed like a guy I'd like to know.  Trying his best with one hand tied behind his back, and a fat loser criminal for a brother. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Apparently I ran off @Onboard 2.0. I don't really understand what set him off, but it wasn't my intention to upset him. I sincerely hope he calms down and returns after his sabbatical. 

Whatever you said/did, I thank you for your service. The fewer smooth-brains around here the better. 

• Hook 'Em 6

20 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

There is a poster on surly that posts very normal stuff, but then will inexplicably go off the deep end for some minor issue. He will threaten the offending poster with a fate worse than death, implying he has access to resources that will destroy the person’s life. These bizarre rants show up about once every two months. I could have sworn it was Lobo. I must have him confused with someone else. 

Definitely Lobo. They were bizarre rants because they targeted some poster nobody knew for some transgression nobody saw with no link  

But Lobo didn’t post normal stuff. It was either long and weird, or long and filled with braggadocio. 

9 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Definitely Lobo. They were bizarre rants because they targeted some poster nobody knew for some transgression nobody saw with no link  

But Lobo didn’t post normal stuff. It was either long and weird, or long and filled with braggadocio. 

Fair. Though I respect unusual, if it is smart. And the dude is whip smart. I do wonder what the aversion to weird is. Unless by weird you meant the bent sex stuff, which was off-putting. 

Lobo made me laugh, though. I thank him for that.

22 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Fair. Though I respect unusual, if it is smart. And the dude is whip smart. I do wonder what the aversion to weird is. Unless by weird you meant the bent sex stuff, which was off-putting. 

I didn’t find him smart or funny. I couldn't get past the bragging, big timing, weirdness, long-windedness or wrong presumptions on his part. Long ago I learned to just tune him out, so I never really read many his posts, particularly his longer ones. Maybe those were the whip smart and funny ones. Guess I’ll never know. 

23 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Take what Porterhouse is saying with a grain of salt, they frequently got into it over the Rex Kramer Dr beeper whatever bullshit. I’m pretty sure in fact they got into the week before Lobo asked to be scrubbed. And Porterhouse in here giving his two cents is somewhat rich with Lobo not here to defend himself.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Covri said:

Take what Porterhouse is saying with a grain of salt, they frequently got into it over the Rex Kramer Dr beeper whatever bullshit. I’m pretty sure in fact they got into the week before Lobo asked to be scrubbed. And Porterhouse in here giving his two cents is somewhat rich with Lobo not here to defend himself.

Pretty sure those posts are upthread for anyone to see. I don’t like Lobo. He constantly accused me of doxxing him when I didn’t. I made it pretty clear when he was around. I also said upthread apart from me thinking he was generally an attention-seeking nerd, he seemed like a nice guy. Whatever. I don’t wish the guy ill will. 

5 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Y’all don’t like being  rightly described as supporting a party hell bent on securing absolute power over this nation through extra-Constitutional means?  Can’t face the truth?

Not sure which party you're talking about. CR is that way anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

OK Rex

Fair but I kind of had the same rule.  If it was a post by Lobo and had more than two or three lines of text I typically scrolled right by.  He may have been a great guy and I don't have the personal knowledge to dispute that, but between the wordiness and the bragging he is a beating of a poster the majority of the time.  

• Hook 'Em 3

On 4/29/2022 at 9:39 PM, MissingInAction said:

Met Lobo at a couple tailgates. Funny dude and easy to talk to.

I'm friends with Jade on couple social media platforms. She is doing quite well for herself and has grown up alot.

The only thing I remember about Lobo was his rants about all schools below the public ivy's being "glorified junior colleges" or something really condescending like that, and when I pushed back, I think he backed down a little and admitted he was being a little broad with his rant. It was ultimately fine in my book.

I figured Jade had taken that offer to move to California and become a prostitute . . . cough, cough . . . I mean model.

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

The only thing I remember about Lobo was his rants about all schools below the public ivy's being "glorified junior colleges" or something really condescending like that, and when I pushed back, I think he backed down a little and admitted he was being a little broad with his rant. It was ultimately fine in my book.

I figured Jade had taken that offer to move to California and become a prostitute . . . cough, cough . . . I mean model.

Oh shit I forgot about that.  She was barely 5 feet tall, and she was going to be a model.

Don't get me wrong, she wasn't ugly, but...not model material. 

On 4/20/2022 at 7:07 PM, Hate said:

I’ve known him IRL for 20 years and he’s a good a person as you could ever meet.

Is he 100 years old? That’s the only way I can imagine he knows that many people, and has lived that many scenarios.  Was a decent poster, although he’d get off on some odd racial tangents and even more odd prison scenarios sometimes. I just can’t imagine how busy ones life has to be to know that many people, and do that many things, by the age of 40, and still have time to post 1500 word posts several times a day. 

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Is he 100 years old? That’s the only way I can imagine he knows that many people, and has lived that many scenarios.  Was a decent poster, although he’d get off on some odd racial tangents and even more odd prison scenarios sometimes. I just can’t imagine how busy ones life has to be to know that many people, and do that many things, by the age of 40, and still have time to post 1500 word posts several times a day. 

Several times a day? You must be new here.

for whatever he is I scrolled by a lot of his posts but he never, that I saw, went after anyone. Most of what I saw was injecting politics in DT or wherever in some weird passive aggressive form.

And then for whatever reason Lobo was scrubbed but Guest Lobo remains. I mean who could ever connect those dots. It’s funny, and I choose to believe that it’s our resident aggy just fucking with him. 

5 hours ago, justhookit said:

Several times a day? You must be new here.

for whatever he is I scrolled by a lot of his posts but he never, that I saw, went after anyone. Most of what I saw was injecting politics in DT or wherever in some weird passive aggressive form.

And then for whatever reason Lobo was scrubbed but Guest Lobo remains. I mean who could ever connect those dots. It’s funny, and I choose to believe that it’s our resident aggy just fucking with him. 

He went after people frequently. They were generally some fringe sock poster that he would threaten in a very overt, big-timing fashion. I can’t remember but I don’t think he would provide links to the transgressions, which were generally accusations of racism (by only Lobo). Either that or the transgressions were benign in nature. It’s almost like he was trying to get as much attention as possible as some sort of arbiter of the reputation of UT. 

On 5/4/2022 at 9:05 AM, Porterhouse said:

He went after people frequently. They were generally some fringe sock poster that he would threaten in a very overt, big-timing fashion. I can’t remember but I don’t think he would provide links to the transgressions, which were generally accusations of racism (by only Lobo). Either that or the transgressions were benign in nature. It’s almost like he was trying to get as much attention as possible as some sort of arbiter of the reputation of UT. 

Dumb take. 

On 4/21/2022 at 6:04 AM, South Austin said:

Nobody seems to want to tell us, so I’ll play.

We all know that Lobo had some position with the University of Texas. I thought he might be a professor, or maybe a dean. But he gave hints that he may have some higher position based on his access to certain sporting and other university events. He dropped the humblebrag every now and then.

Recently, Lobo (allegedly) ascended to some higher position – somebody upthread used the word “regent” – and he apparently in some late-night posting sword fight shared a little too much personal information that may have been self-doxxing. And at that time, maybe he realized that the university wouldn’t want want to know that the real-life Lobo was expressing certain positions that may or may not accurately reflect those of the university, including but not limited to some of his posts in a thread titled “I’d Pee In Her Butt.”

Or maybe not.

In any event, as notoriously long-winded as Lobo could be, I really liked him, and he was a great member of this community.

Now, if Randall Duke ever asks immamac to scrub his posts, this site will be borked for a solid month.

My love for the school would take a serious hit if it turned out UT looks askance at peeing in chicks' butts.

Heh.  

I was thinking today about a gone poster, that giant douchebag Dillo Pad.

Off the top of my head, he had 2 shining moments.

1) "The Flooring Guy".  He got sand up his ass because I guy doing flooring at the house next door had the nerve to park in front of Dillo's house, blocking his "view" of the shitty tract house across the street.  He went over and bitched an employee out, and then got in a pissing match with the owner of the company, who, because of his "station in life", acted "like an asshole". 

2) He got a traffic ticket, and the cop made some sort of mistake on the citation.  He was convinced that it would be immediately dismissed, and argued with a few of the boards lawyers...guys that spend every fucking day at the courthouse, about how it would play out.  Of course, he was wrong and the lawdogs were right. He paid the fine. 

I think he also douched it up pretty bad immediately after getting divorced, but, most of us do. 

11 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Heh.  

I was thinking today about a gone poster, that giant douchebag Dillo Pad.

Off the top of my head, he had 2 shining moments.

1) "The Flooring Guy".  He got sand up his ass because I guy doing flooring at the house next door had the nerve to park in front of Dillo's house, blocking his "view" of the shitty tract house across the street.  He went over and bitched an employee out, and then got in a pissing match with the owner of the company, who, because of his "station in life", acted "like an asshole". 

2) He got a traffic ticket, and the cop made some sort of mistake on the citation.  He was convinced that it would be immediately dismissed, and argued with a few of the boards lawyers...guys that spend every fucking day at the courthouse, about how it would play out.  Of course, he was wrong and the lawdogs were right. He paid the fine. 

I think he also douched it up pretty bad immediately after getting divorced, but, most of us do. 

Jeez I remember both of these. I need to get out of the house more often.