Gone posters

19 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I was thinking today about a gone poster, that giant douchebag Dillo Pad.

Off the top of my head, he had 2 shining moments.

1) "The Flooring Guy".  He got sand up his ass because I guy doing flooring at the house next door had the nerve to park in front of Dillo's house, blocking his "view" of the shitty tract house across the street.  He went over and bitched an employee out, and then got in a pissing match with the owner of the company, who, because of his "station in life", acted "like an asshole". 

Claimed that a cop told him that "no one had property rights to the street, but that as an adjacent property owner, he had more rights than the flooring guy."

29 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Claimed that a cop told him that "no one had property rights to the street, but that as an adjacent property owner, he had more rights than the flooring guy."

I don't recall exactly what happened, but maybe it was a doxxing deal, but he literally  went *poof* and was gone.

16 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

also, is Johnny Mac over here?  He used to post quite a bit, which was brave considering how his father was discussed. 

Shit he should come back now.  Johnny Mac is starting to look decent compared to our last three hires.

Plus, didn't he start the Ponzi Scheme Involving Gold thread back on hornfans?  Might be a top 3 thread of all time.

Fucking Dillo was going Rocko on me one day.  I was having brunch at a beachside bistro...sipping a mimosa while watching Dolphin playing in the surf. I look at my phone at a thread from the night before, and Dillo had written to me "you don't live where I live", in the context of talking down to me.

Motherfucker, you live in a tract house in College Station.  

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

also, is Johnny Mac over here?  He used to post quite a bit, which was brave considering how his father was discussed. 

Shit he should come back now.  Johnny Mac is starting to look decent compared to our last three hires.

Plus, didn't he start the Ponzi Scheme Involving Gold thread back on hornfans?  Might be a top 3 thread of all time.

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yeah he did.  He was living out here in O.C. at the time, and Billy and April were neighbors, or April was a friend of his wife or somesuch.  

IIRC, Johnny moved back to Austin. I'm pretty sure he's a lawyer, maybe you can look him up? 

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Yeah he did.  He was living out here in O.C. at the time, and Billy and April were neighbors, or April was a friend of his wife or somesuch.  

IIRC, Johnny moved back to Austin. I'm pretty sure he's a lawyer, maybe you can look him up? 

You should.  He hated me because of my politics.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Fucking Dillo was going Rocko on me one day.  I was having brunch at a beachside bistro...sipping a mimosa while watching Dolphin playing in the surf. I look at my phone at a thread from the night before, and Dillo had written to me "you don't live where I live", in the context of talking down to me.

Motherfucker, you live in a tract house in College Station.  

Lulz, I spend time in College Station for work.  I wonder if I have crossed paths with Dillo, or driven past his house.  Guy was a little arrogant.  Probably a good thing he checked out.  Maybe I should go out and park in front of some random houses and see if I get a reaction.

Rocko I kind of miss, dude was a riot and constantly walked into being owned.

Hell, Johnny Mac has as many conference championships at Texas as the last 3 coaches combined.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

7 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Lulz, I spend time in College Station for work.  I wonder if I have crossed paths with Dillo, or driven past his house.  Guy was a little arrogant.  Probably a good thing he checked out.  Maybe I should go out and park in front of some random houses and see if I get a reaction.

Rocko I kind of miss, dude was a riot and constantly walked into being owned.

Rocko challenged me to post my W2 at one time.  I kept telling him that I don't get a W2, just 1099's and K1s.  

He had no idea what the fuck I was saying.  IIRC, @Johnny Sack tried to help him understand it, and it didn't help. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/7/2022 at 8:29 PM, Gil Bang said:

and Champkind?   He's MIA.  His restaurant failed...that much I recall.  Were there investors here that got burned and he left out of shame or something?  He was a good poster, except for that crossfit nonsense. 

That's about when he bounced from here and the reason is probably close to to correct from what I've read here.  He's cooking over at Dozier's in Fulshear now.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2022 at 10:30 PM, Surly Bevo said:

He still pops up every now and again.  My guess is whatever image hosting site he hosted the same 25 images he would use in most of his posts went belly up and he just said fuck it.

Photobucket, probably.  A few years ago it was free and then one day it was $15 a month or some shit like that.  And you were locked out if you didn't pay.

On 5/9/2022 at 3:22 PM, dcbc said:

That's about when he bounced from here and the reason is probably close to to correct from what I've read here.  He's cooking over at Dozier's in Fulshear now.

Champ is still alive and well.  I see many of his barbecue twitter posts.  I think he's coming to the Troubadour Festival in Georgetown next month.  I plan to stop by and say hey from the internet. 

2 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Champ is still alive and well.  I see many of his barbecue twitter posts.  I think he's coming to the Troubadour Festival in Georgetown next month.  I plan to stop by and say hey from the internet. 

Maybe if I had lost money I'd have a different attitude, but I miss him. 

Before he did the restaurant, he had a crossfit gym, or is that somebody else? 

On 5/7/2022 at 8:29 PM, Gil Bang said:

and Champkind?   He's MIA.  His restaurant failed...that much I recall.  Were there investors here that got burned and he left out of shame or something?  He was a good poster, except for that crossfit nonsense. 

Restaurant and crossfit? Were there no pet rock franchises available?

9 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

I see Machinator has gone AWOL again. Anyone know him? And what happened to Walden Ponderer? He just fell off the face of the earth. 

Machinator been gone for a while. I don't think he likes it when UT sucks ass at football.