Gone posters

7 hours ago, GhostofDanJones said:

Rich & Smooth (the guy who started the Tell me about aggy at the old house), Grendel, Basil your face, Micheal Knight, Guns Up, Francisco Scaramanga, Bevo Num1, HornStar, Richard Kimball, comey-eee, relapse98

Any of these guys surfaced?

@relapse98 is here. @Michael Knight is here.  @Basil is here.  @Francisco 2.0 might be the same as F.S.  Not sure about the others. 

4 hours ago, skipperj said:

Grendel hasn’t been since y’all fuckers crowd sourced him.

You say this like it’s a bad thing. Like, VAPA and Rocko haven’t been around since y’all fuckers crowd sourced them. 

5 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

You say this like it’s a bad thing. Like, VAPA and Rocko haven’t been around since y’all fuckers crowd sourced them. 

Grendel was amusing as fuck. And sometimes quite entertaining. The other two are just terrible.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lurch said:

I never understood this. He was mental and his only contribution was derailing threads.

Cmon man.  The guy named his bike.  He bought wine.  Even ordered it in Spanish.

There was a vague suggestion that Chester-Peterson or something like that at the old place, maybe here too, might be Grendel.  He was a little spergy like Grendel.

No no no no never never no never. Grendel was an embarrassment to Horns fans. Our playthings should be the traveshamockerys of the world (but we should win). 

Rpongett was quality. Thought he went to barking carnival around the same time scipio created the site 

He goes waaaay back. IIRC his sister is an actress and was in the Scrubs pilot. He talked about it and I watched the pilot and laughed my ass off and was hooked.

On 7/18/2018 at 12:32 AM, GhostofDanJones said:

Rich & Smooth (the guy who started the Tell me about aggy at the old house), Grendel, Basil your face, Micheal Knight, Guns Up, Francisco Scaramanga, Bevo Num1, HornStar, Richard Kimball, comey-eee, relapse98

Rich & smooth from the old board had changed his name to @Continental Op on the old board.

We came over here together a long time ago. We used to both work graveyard shift and we found this place

9 hours ago, SKJ said:

Rich & smooth from the old board had changed his name to @Continental Op on the old board.

We came over here together a long time ago. We used to both work graveyard shift and we found this place

Negative. Where on earth did you get this idea from?  I have no clue who Rich and Smooth is.  

Edited by Continental Op

On 7/18/2018 at 12:32 AM, GhostofDanJones said:

Most of them in this list are here. @HornStar and @Bevo Num1 are here as well.

I have no idea what happened to Richard Kimball. Comey-eee has yet to show up here unless he changed his name.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Grendel was never entertaining.

this is a terrible and wrong opinion. he's easily one of the most entertaining posters we've had. i'm being 100% serious.  nothing is more entertaining than the type of unintentional humor that people like rocko and grendel brought to shaggy. reading grendel's threads about his neighbor coming over with wine, or what a golfing savant he was, or him telling us that the insiders refer to the service industry as "F&B" was like watching an episode of The Office. Just cringe on top of cringe, with the least self-aware people on the planet.

Rocko, and to a much bigger extent grendel, were endlessly more entertaining than anyone else here. posters like upennhorn, whoootex, and digdogger were funny posters who consistently made me laugh, but even they don't hold a candle to a classic grendel thread. grendel toed the line between believable and trolling, except that he was always sincere and never actually trying to troll. threads like his don't really come around anymore, and that's a shame.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

this is a terrible and wrong opinion. he's easily one of the most entertaining posters we've had. i'm being 100% serious.  nothing is more entertaining than the type of unintentional humor that people like rocko and grendel brought to shaggy. reading grendel's threads about his neighbor coming over with wine, or what a golfing savant he was, or him telling us that the insiders refer to the service industry as "F&B" was like watching an episode of The Office. Just cringe on top of cringe, with the least self-aware people on the planet.

Rocko, and to a much bigger extent grendel, were endlessly more entertaining than anyone else here. posters like upennhorn, whoootex, and digdogger were funny posters who consistently made me laugh, but even they don't hold a candle to a classic grendel thread. grendel toed the line between believable and trolling, except that he was always sincere and never actually trying to troll. threads like his don't really come around anymore, and that's a shame.

Yknow, the "terrible and wrong" part is implied when you disagree with someone.  It's rude to come out and say it.

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yknow, the "terrible and wrong part" is implied when you disagree with someone.  It's rude to come out and say it.

not necessarily. i often disagree with people without thinking that their opinion is terrible or flat out wrong. this opinion however is not one of those cases. this opinion is terrible and wrong.

Edited by Goo Punch

If you had ever witnessed a late night golf challenge at Hancock forming, with updates from the scene, you would know how entertaining that was.

he names his bikes. He has a plan to kill you in a home invasion. He speaks Spanglish to get discounts. I think a lot of people never knew PO1D.

The funniest part is how riled up you people would get when he posted. That was the most entertaining part of all.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, skipperj said:

If you had ever witnessed a late night golf challenge at Hancock forming, with updates from the scene, you would know how entertaining that was.

he names his bikes. He has a plan to kill you in a home invasion. He speaks Spanglish to get discounts. I think a lot of people never knew PO1D.

The funniest part is how riled up you people would get when he posted. That was the most entertaining part of all.

like the florida fan who was completely incredulous that Mack on a Mobile didn't know you could blitz in a postseason bowl game.

True. He was more amusing than annoying imo. I’m pretty sure he’s the only dude that’s ever dropped into the dog thread and hated on dogs while extolling cats. That was some dedicated trolling.

• 2 weeks later...