Bands Chicks Don't Like

MaybeACoordinator

Most metal, except for hair/karaoke metal (Motley Crue, Def Leppard, etc.) and Metallica.

The last time I saw Mastodon, I counted four chicks in the crowd. One was my then-girlfriend and another was a friend of mine who is the only female I've ever met or even heard of whose favorite band is Tool.

Most metal, except for hair/karaoke metal (Motley Crue, Def Leppard, etc.) and Metallica.
The last time I saw Mastodon, I counted four chicks in the crowd. One was my then-girlfriend and another was a friend of mine who is the only female I've ever met or even heard of whose favorite band is Tool.

I remember watching an interview with Shadows Fall, and they said wtte, “We started a band to get chicks, but all we got were sweaty dudes.”
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

In my experience it's been ZZ Top, Los Lobos, Steely Dan, Rush and the Drive By Truckers. 

Easier to piss at those shows. You can just walk right into the ladies and nobody will be in there. 

Steely Dan ?  Wow, know lots of girls who love 'em.  Never seen 'em in concert though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Grandioso said:

Tons more girls at metal shows now than there were in the 90s.

11 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Fugazi
Black Flag
Slayer
Converge

yeah, i'll second fugazi.  off the top of my head from recent memory, according to my wife:

the hold steady

grandaddy

nine inch nails

alice in chains

metallica

basically all of the rap/hip hop i listen to (ugk, dj screw, clipse/pusha t, j. cole, childish gambino, 2pac, biggie, nas, etc.)

• Like 1

I know a lot of chicks who love Los Lobos, especially after seeing them live.   Something about the coolness of Cesar combined with Steve Berlin's sax playing.  It was one of my college girlfriend's favorite bands, right behind Dylan and Tom Petty.  Saw them about a year ago and the crowd was 50-50.  

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 3:10 AM, Grandioso said:

Lots of girls like Tool.

• Haha 1

yeah, i'll second fugazi.  off the top of my head from recent memory, according to my wife:
the hold steady
grandaddy
nine inch nails
alice in chains
metallica
basically all of the rap/hip hop i listen to (ugk, dj screw, clipse/pusha t, j. cole, childish gambino, 2pac, biggie, nas, etc.)

I’ve seen NIN nine times and there have been a lot of chicks at every show.

3 hours ago, hullabelew said:

I know a lot of chicks who love Los Lobos, especially after seeing them live.   Something about the coolness of Cesar combined with Steve Berlin's sax playing.  It was one of my college girlfriend's favorite bands, right behind Dylan and Tom Petty.  Saw them about a year ago and the crowd was 50-50.  

Gonna go ahead and leave off the dulcet tones of David Hidalgo eh?

32 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I’ve seen NIN nine times and there have been a lot of chicks at every show.

those were just skinny goth guys.

i agree to a certain extent, i have seen them a couple of times and, in retrospect, there were plenty of a very specific type of girl at those shows.

3 hours ago, hullabelew said:

The average age was probably 50 also.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 2:12 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

In my experience it's been ZZ Top, Los Lobos, Steely Dan, Rush and the Drive By Truckers. 

Easier to piss at those shows. You can just walk right into the ladies and nobody will be in there. 

I've seen the chick from American Pickers at multiple Drive By Trucker shows in Iowa City.

But they did immediately come to mind when I saw the thread title (despite my wife and a good buddy's wife being huge fans).

2 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

I would say most prog bands, Genesis, Yes, King Crimson, ELP, etc.  My wife does like Pink Floyd, that's the exception, and a couple of Rush songs, but I think most women have the attention span of a gnat, so anything over 3 or 4 minutes, forget it.

So no Dream Theater?

Rush tickets are usually purchased with money not needed for spending on girls  
Went to R40 in Houston a few years back and warned the wife it would be a sausage fest with a plethora of air guitarists and drummers. Those virgins didn't disappoint.
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 2:12 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

Steely Dan?  What?  My sister and I grew up on Steely Dan because my mom was a huge fan.   Still one of my sister's favorites.   She saw them in concert every time they came around in the last 10-15 years.  I went with her in 2011 or so when they played in Tulsa.   As many women as men at that show. 

On 6/14/2018 at 11:33 AM, Equinox said:

I'd submit any of the guitar gods (Satriani, Bonamassa, etc). Unless they're guitar players.

lol. I went to see Macalpine once. It was such a sausage fest. I think the bigger acts like Satriani and Vai get more girls. 

I don't think girls like jazz at all. Probably fewer women at jazz concerts than at a Slipnot concert. 

• 2 weeks later...