Track & Field

ScottishHorn

Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2024 at 5:56 PM, wood said:

Going out to the relays Friday. Question. I see GA tickets for sale, with row numbers. Where do they put GA folks at the Relays? None of the maps show GA.

I've gone over for UIL state championships and last year's NCAA championships.  Every time it's show your ticket to get in the gate then sit wherever the hell you want.  Ain't nobody checking anything once you're in the stadium.  We did GA tickets for the NCAA's and sat about 2m off the finish line 10 rows up.  Got to get there early though.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

New Women's 4x200 WR just a couple hours ago at the Relays. Old record was apparently set by the US team in 2000. Mrs. Wood (no pics) was out there.

200.gif?cid=82a1493bvci1zyge9fthzjna4sbu

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

And 39.73 in the finals. That would have been the new high school national record two weeks ago. 

I only post the UT/Collegiate results in the UT (Other Sports) track and field thread so as not to derail it, but the HA time from Victor Lopez would've won the collegiate division (which UT won btw).

9 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Let’s think positive as I plan on going.

It's working so far; HA ran 39.90 to place first (District 21-6A) in the 4X100m with Galena Park NS just behind at 39.98 (a US #3 for 2024). The 100m was HA's Watkins and Ross of GPNS going 1-2 at 10.22 and 10.45 respectively. Watkin's time was a new US #5 for the season. Area up next.

• Hook 'Em 1

If you all will indulge me a proud dad moment, my daughter's 4x400 team finished 3rd at area last night and will advance to regionals for the first time in school history (centex 5A school, opened in 2009 so not that big a deal)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

If you all will indulge me a proud dad moment, my daughter's 4x400 team finished 3rd at area last night and will advance to regionals for the first time in school history (centex 5A school, opened in 2009 so not that big a deal)

Congrats!  Area meets are such a beat down. Coming off the adrenaline of District and looking forward to Region.  Area seems to “get in the way.”

Little Nigel won District in the 100m, 200m, LJ, and 4x100.  Area is Friday, all in one day.  Survive and advance is the motto.

• Hook 'Em 1

A Lithuanian broke the world record in the discus. Not surprisingly, because of the suckage, he set it in Oklahoma.  The old record had stood since 1986.

https://www.reuters.com/sports/athletics/lithuanian-alekna-shatters-mens-discus-world-record-2024-04-14/?taid=661c67086c80e60001a46bf9

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Hook 'Em 1