Political Cartoons - The Politics Thread.

ROFL BOX

Yeah, to me "wokeness" has the aura of suddenness to it.  Like you just got woke from your slumber of ignorance.  

Letting people exercise the right granted to them 150 years ago is a reasonable fashion doesn't have that same ring of suddenness to it.  

Georgia is one bill rider away from a sign at election sites that says, "You must be this White to Cast this Vote."  

MLB simply pointed out, "There is nothing more American than free, fair, and accessible elections.  Followed closely by watching 8 Dominicans and a gangly white dude play our national pastime."  

On 4/4/2021 at 8:50 AM, Lobo said:

Yeah, to me "wokeness" has the aura of suddenness to it.  Like you just got woke from your slumber of ignorance.  

Letting people exercise the right granted to them 150 years ago is a reasonable fashion doesn't have that same ring of suddenness to it.  

Georgia is one bill rider away from a sign at election sites that says, "You must be this White to Cast this Vote."  

MLB simply pointed out, "There is nothing more American than free, fair, and accessible elections.  Followed closely by watching 8 Dominicans and a gangly white dude play our national pastime."  

That and it's been overused and misused to death on the internet to the point it's becoming annoying, just like "Karen" has.

How many months has the "recurring" thing been going on?  Since November?  6 months for some of these folks?  That's funny to me. 

First I'd heard about it.

This sets a standard for ruthless exploitation of people devoted to you.

And it is kind of funny.

Dumbasses. Trump could shoot one of their family members on Main Street, Yokelville, and they'd still love him.

Yawn. Bet MLB has takenplenty of Georgia tax subsidies to finance Braves stadium upgrades and other crap. Theu will continue to get it too. Dont let Braves play any home games if they wanna take a stand.
MLB smoke and mirrors.

It is absolutely MLB smoke and mirrors.  But baseball's smoke and mirrors have been the harbinger of social progress and racial inclusion for nearly 140 years.  

Moses Fleetwood Walker becomes the first black professional baseball player in 1884, not 1947.  He plays for Toledo of the American Association of Baseball (a nearly all-white team), the precursor to the National League.  Satchel Paige, Jackie Robinson, Pumpsie Green, the massive inclusion of Latin American players, et. al.  You can hear it in James Earl Jones' voice.  The gestures, great and small, by professional baseball, has marked the advancement of America...not the other way around.  The game and the nation rolls on, as it always has.  

That is quite telling.  The Internment Camp guess wasn't really that bad a guess based on the fact that several hundred of those folks are still alive. 

But the 'Slaves' response was just bewildering.