Movies you feel your kid(s) must see

GotThatFire

On 6/14/2018 at 3:47 PM, Jerry Callo said:

I watched Stand By Me with my 13 yo daughter a few months back and she really enjoyed it.  

Haven’t seen that in a while but it was a favorite as a kid. I really want to watch this with my almost 12-year-old daughter, but I can’t remember if there was any sex talk that would be awkward around her. I recall a discussion about Annette Funicello’s tits. Anything else?

Haven’t seen that in a while but it was a favorite as a kid. I really want to watch this with my almost 12-year-old daughter, but I can’t remember if there was any sex talk that would be awkward around her. I recall a discussion about Annette Funicello’s tits. Anything else?
Not much. Plenty of bad language, though. Probably should wait a couple years.

49 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:
1 hour ago, South Austin said:

A sack of shit has a thousand eyes!

1 hour ago, Jerry Callo said:
2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Nah, she's seen movies like Plains, Trains and Automobiles with Steve Martin's litany of f-bombs. She can handle the language.

Years ago when the kids were in elementary / middle school I would do a summer movie theme of older films. First year was the summer of comedy. We watched Duck Soup, Three Stooges collection,  Blues Brothers ect.. The following year we did Westerns; High Noon, Outlaw Joesy Wales, Big Country, The Cowboys, ect.. Now they are in their twenties and tell their friends how cool those times were.

On 6/14/2018 at 8:36 AM, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Idiocracy so they can see what is in store for the future. 

On 6/14/2018 at 8:40 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

If they need to be scared straight:

Trainspotting
Requiem for a Dream

Office Space  -- so they can see what is in store for the future and to scare them straight

5 minutes ago, LongestHorn said:

Babe hasn't been mentioned.  Iron Giant also needs love.  

Iron Giant was going to my suggestion.

In terms of kids cartoons, the DC Comics adaptation of All-Star Superman is good partner with the Iron Giant.  I also think Avatar: The Last Airbender is a great little series for kids. 

As far as personal tastes, I'm hoping the boy likes baseball enough to introduce him to those films so filled with the iconography of the game--The Natural, Field of Dreams, even Major League.  Hell, even Talent for the Game, Moneyball, Mr. Baseball. 

Rochelle, Rochelle

An erotic journey from Milan to Minsk?

Seriously though, when my son is in his pre-teensI’m going with:

Princess Bride
Stand by Me
Back to the Future
Uncle Buck
Goonies
Star Wars (IV - VI)

If he doesn’t like any of those he’s out of the family.

On 6/16/2018 at 10:12 AM, South Austin said:

Nah, she's seen movies like Plains, Trains and Automobiles with Steve Martin's litany of f-bombs. She can handle the language.

The part about Annette's tits, and the hoodlum kids have a convo about trying to get laid where Ace mentions getting a nice Catholic girl or the like.  Nothing too explicit from what I remember.