The "Soldier" is a bit rapey

Gil Bang

• 1 year later...

14 years now. 

Former Cleveland Browns tight end Kellen Winslow II will spend 14 years in prison after agreeing to a new plea deal Friday, according to USA Today.

Winslow pleaded guilty to rape and sexual battery charges in November of 2019. He revised that deal in an agreement submitted Friday in San Diego Superior Court. Under his previous agreement, Winslow was sentenced to 12 to 18 years in prison. The length of his sentence was to be determined at a hearing.

As part of Friday's deal, Winslow pleaded guilty to "assaulting a hitchhiker with the intent to commit rape in March 2018," according to USA Today. That replaces Winslow's previous sexual battery plea.

In June of 2019, Winslow was found guilty of rape, indecent exposure and lewd conduct. Jurors were deadlocked on six other felonies, which prompted a retrial. Winslow pleaded guilty instead of face a retrial, which could have resulted in Winslow spending life in prison.

Winslow will be sentenced in March.

He was originally set to be sentenced in 2020, but that was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Winslow appeared at Friday's hearing remotely.

22 minutes ago, SDG said:

Damn.  I always thought guys who were college/NFL stars could get pussy anywhere and at anytime.   That's clearly not true if the dude had to actually commit rape.  IMHO; he got off easy with only 14 years.  

it’s still true. but consent didn’t really blow his skirt up. 

30 minutes ago, SDG said:

Damn.  I always thought guys who were college/NFL stars could get pussy anywhere and at anytime.   That's clearly not true if the dude had to actually commit rape.  IMHO; he got off easy with only 14 years.  

That’s not how rape works. 

If the chicks were into it, he wasn’t.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

How did this guy get a plea deal?  Wasn’t he a serial rapist and so compulsive that he was assaulting basically anyone he encountered when he thought he could get away with it?    Not exactly a sympathetic case, or one where 14 years from now you’d expect him to be reformed.

Jurors were deadlocked on six other felonies, which prompted a retrial. Winslow pleaded guilty instead of face a retrial

1 hour ago, SDG said:

Rape is an act of violence. Rapists don’t rape because they want to get laid but no one wants to have sex with them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So gruntled that we have a society that thinks the best thing to do is to spend three-quarters of a million dollars keeping this dipshit clothed and fed for fourteen years. I don't recall the last change, so not certain if we're going to correct him or punish him. Both at the same time, maybe?

9 hours ago, Tex Long said:

So gruntled that we have a society that thinks the best thing to do is to spend three-quarters of a million dollars keeping this dipshit clothed and fed for fourteen years. I don't recall the last change, so not certain if we're going to correct him or punish him. Both at the same time, maybe?

The majority of our tax dollars go to the profit margins of the contractor companies we pay to run our prisons. Something like .12 goes to the actual keep of the prisoners. He will not receive help and will definitely be a danger while he is in and when he gets out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Doc Reeves said:

The majority of our tax dollars go to the profit margins of the contractor companies we pay to run our prisons. Something like .12 goes to the actual keep of the prisoners. He will not receive help and will definitely be a danger while he is in and when he gets out. 

Thirty-nine megabucks, though... we should charge him room and board. Fed CDL of my acquaintance says prisons take half of any deposit over $50 to prisoners' commissary account, so that's a start...

Clearly, this guy is an actual nutcase, i.e. needs help. But he won't get it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Thirty-nine megabucks, though... we should charge him room and board. Fed CDL of my acquaintance says prisons take half of any deposit over $50 to prisoners' commissary account, so that's a start...

Unfortunately it’s become a scam. My mother was the psychological director at 2 different Supermax Fed Prisons. She would set up different programs for prisoners, books/tv stuff- not to make things nice for them but rather so there was something they could take away as punishment. Violence dropped by huge numbers and then the warden would throw it all away to save $150/mo. Murders and violence to guards would skyrocket and no one would care because they “deserve it”

Problem with that thinking is the fact that most of the people who are in prison will eventually get out of prison.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, RMac5 said:

Hopefully he doesn’t come out.

He’s going to a State prison. He is famous, will have protection from gangs, the guards and money to get whatever the fuck he wants. No one in his family needs to feel bad for him. If he was going to a Fed prison, yeah that would suck for him. 

Not trying to be an asshole but I don’t think I understand this. The tone is that you don’t think society is correct for incarcerating this dipshit for 3/4 of a million dollars for 14 years but used the term “gruntled” which means pleased. (Sarcasm?)
I don’t know what the solution is for an incorrigible predator like this. Maybe decade plus incarceration is the best compromise. I think a much longer sentences would be reasonable too. We sure ain’t fixing him to be released after a much shorter sentence. Wood chipper seems like overkill.

Seems like it would be reasonable to go after his assets to pay for his incarceration.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Seems like it would be reasonable to go after his assets to pay for his incarceration.

Unless he stole it or obtained those assets illegally, I disagree.  If fines are part of the corrective process/ punishment; then levy them.  Otherwise, it seems to be crossing some pretty damned important lines.

Unless he stole it or obtained those assets illegally, I disagree.  If fines are part of the corrective process/ punishment; then levy them.  Otherwise, it seems to be crossing some pretty damned important lines.

Yeah, makes sense. It’s not something that I’ve thought much about and of course all but a handful of these guys don’t have a pot to piss in on the outside (at least for non white collar crimes).

40 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Or maybe he’s just a crazy piece of shit. That happens. You can’t blame everything on CTE and head trauma just because he played football.

But....shit like chronic masturbation has been known to be a symptom of dementia. Not talking the kind of chronic masturbation we joke about as endemic to posters on this site, but shit like whipping it out and slapping it in front of people, as Winslow was known to do, to the point where nobody would sit next to him on team planes or share hotel rooms with him on the road. In other words, far beyond "I'll be in my bunk." 

It was hinted in an article that Tommy Nobis ended up like that. Basically didn't know or care if anyone was around, no matter who. He just couldn't help himself.

Serial rape is not also a known documented symptom (though Darren Sharper had documented head injuries), so there is that, and I am not saying he should be out among us, even 14 years from now, but I'd lay money once he dies and we open up his brain, it'll be a mess in there. And maybe he should be locked up in a hospital for the criminally insane instead of prison. 

• Like 1

The guy seems, quite obviously, broken. If, as seems to be consensus, he cannot be fixed, the only point of imprisonment in this case must be punishment. Yelling "Bad Dog" while whacking him over the head with a rolled-up copy of "Best of Kurt Bowls" probably won't do a lot of good... so what do we do? I dunno, maybe some Clockwork Orange therapy, combined with a Chemical Lobotomy? 

Oh, and someone with a malfunctioning meter fell into The Sarchasm, but that's Life.

Considering which, has anyone heard from South Austin's mom  recently?

18 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Sad story. I would be surprised if there wasn't something pathologic related to cte/brain trauma. 

There is always hope. 

Now before anyone accuses me of being unsympathetic to CTE sufferers, please keep in mind that he was always a giant POS. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
Not to offend.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Exactly. If you go into an dementia facility, Medicare will garner your assets to reimburse the expense, so why shouldn’t the same thing apply to prisoners?

5 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Unfortunately it’s become a scam. My mother was the psychological director at 2 different Supermax Fed Prisons. She would set up different programs for prisoners, books/tv stuff- not to make things nice for them but rather so there was something they could take away as punishment. Violence dropped by huge numbers and then the warden would throw it all away to save $150/mo. Murders and violence to guards would skyrocket and no one would care because they “deserve it”

As long as we make them watch network programming instead of the good stuff. 

5 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

He’s going to a State prison. He is famous, will have protection from gangs, the guards and money to get whatever the fuck he wants. No one in his family needs to feel bad for him. If he was going to a Fed prison, yeah that would suck for him. 

I always thought state prison was worse than federal prison. Then again, my knowledge of just about everything comes from college football message boards. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

That’s not how rape works. 

If the chicks were into it, he wasn’t.

Exactly. Have no idea how he is wired or why. Can only say that rape isn’t about sex it’s about power. Obviously other things. Not sure I feel sorry for him. Reading his background it sounds like he had a lot of “covering up” for activities in his youth and beyond. Maybe he is just wired that way? Don’t know. Don’t care. 

41 minutes ago, Agent 13 said:

Wut?

Yes, when my MIL was retired and on Medicare and had to go into a facility, they garnered her monthly TRS check and required the sale of her assets and liquidation of her savings to reimburse the government. You are expected to exhaust your own funds before Medicare will pay. Her husband purchased her interest in their house in anticipation of her going into a facility because Medicare would have forced him to sell the house (she didn’t know what a house was by that time). Single payer FTMFW. 

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

I always thought state prison was worse than federal prison. Then again, my knowledge of just about everything comes from college football message boards. 

Depends on the state, but regardless prison is hard and pretty terrible. 
Federal Supermax Prison is where they put the real bad hombres. It’s hard, hard time. Also, the networks of gangs that literally run them are fucking crazy. You better have ties or make them quick. 

there’s a story I remember of a grandpa from South Carolina who’s family started selling crack in the 80s. They had never dealt drugs before but where hard up for money and their business exploded. They were in a trailer on some land and there would be a line of cars 1/4 mile long to their house from the state rd. Well, the federales came (actually landed a helicopter with SWAT type commandos) and with mandatory sentencing he was sent to Federal Prison for 20 years. 

He never had any gang ties and just wanted to do his time. After he was there for 6 months he was woken up in the middle of the night when a female guard started unlocking his cell. She then let in a huge psychotic dude that raped and beat the shit out of him. Seems the gangs wanted to send a message to someone else and he was just the random guy they picked as an example. Turns out the guy had also AIDS and passed that on to him. You’d think that would make the rape situation better but actually made it worse because if you were caught purposely transmitting AIDS to someone who didn’t have it you could be punished. So, every rapist who had AIDS targeted him because they knew he was weak and positive. 

like I said, hard time.

Edited by Doc Reeves