WC day 3

Hagbard Celine

7 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Crazy how limited the midfield options are. 

They aren't.

It's just that in the short time in charge, Sampaoli has chosen these guys (along with Messi's input) to keep in his circle of trust.

Matias Kranevitter and/or Santiago Ascacibar should have replaced one or both of them.

I haven't seen one dive in the box. 
I haven't seen a dive in the rest of the field.
I did see an Icelandic defender deliver a body check before actually trying to make a play on the ball that wasn't bad enough to call a penalty, but would have possibly been called a foul elsewhere on the field. I would say that Iceland is diving more than expected and they're playing with a bit more 2010 Dutch squad "passion"/"improvisational physicality" than I expected as well.
And anyone thinking that "Messi is going to have a response to Cristiano Ronaldo's performance yesterday" hasn't watched Argentina play for the last 8 to 9 year, nor the way Messi is defended in matches for the national team... especially when the opponent is vastly less talented, but parks the bus, and sticks to their defensive game plan.

Another one for a bad pk